Balance of Plant System Manager
46 Sayre Dr., Princeton NJ 08540
Phone: 503-926-4223 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Over 12 years experience in installation, service and maintenance of commercial and residential MEP systems both as Project Manager and as System Manager.
• Strong leadership abilities; skilled in strategic long term planning and final project implementation, able to prioritize effectively, multi-task and achieve objectives within time and budget.
• In depth knowledge of control and operation of various building systems.
• Skilled in vendor /contractor negotiation and management.
EXELON, Oyster Creek Nuclear Power Generating Station, Forked River, NJ
2007 – Current -Balance of Plant System Manager
• Subject Matter Expert in operation and management of the multiple production Balance of Plant systems.
• Establish preventive maintenance requirements to maintain component and/or equipment in high reliability state.
• Prioritize early diagnostic activities and corrective maintenance tasks to optimize issue resolution.
• Responsible for constant improvement of system reliability, performance and usability in a cost effective manner.
• Review system designs including license information, state and NEIL requirements, blue prints and hardware specifications to conform to design base and/or license commitment.
• Propose system configuration changes, identify functional specifications, develop acceptance test plans and establish implementation schedules and budgets.
• Leader of troubleshooting team for component/ system malfunctioning prompt identification and resolution.
• Manage vendor / contractor relationships and coordinate dependencies across multiple projects as required.
• Present quarterly system status reports to Plant Board of Directors to communicate the material condition assessment and system reliability.
• Owner of long term Control Room Habitability assessment program to provide adequate protection to control room operators in the event of accident.
• Provide technical assistance to the Regulatory Assurance Department in response to Nuclear Regulatory Commission Bulletins, Generic Letters, and Information Notices, advice Plant Management on Regulatory Commitments.
• Serve as a company representative for system designs, operations, and system maintenance to Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Institute of Nuclear Power Operations, American Nuclear Insurer and other agencies / industry groups.
• The following major system improvements have been implemented:
o Optimized Turbine Building Ventilation by installing backup Feed Pump Room HVAC system. The new system installation ensures uninterrupted Plant operation during hot weather conditions.
o Optimized Chemistry Laboratory Ventilation by installing new condenser unit for HVAC system and control system upgrade. The project eliminated frequent calibration of chemical analyzers.
o Overhauled Site Emergency Building Chiller units. The project reduced maintenance cost by $40K/year.
o Installed new 720 HP Axillary Boiler for the heating steam system. The project allowed site to use main radwaste evaporator along with normal heating loads..
DANICA HVAC, New York, NY
04/2007 – 11/2007 – HVAC Project Supervisor
• Supervised and directly managed the group of 20 staff members on the construction site.
• Attended all coordination meetings and other necessary tasks to maintain constant work progress.
• Provided assistance to the Project Superintendent in coordination and issue resolution between MEP systems, different trades and construction activities.
• Coordinated, revised and adapted initial HVAC systems design to the project requirements.
• Reviewed shop drawings, schedules and estimates.
• Supported procurement department in HVAC equipment specification.
• Assisted in monthly payment requisition and change orders preparation.
• Provided individual and group instructions for staff members.
• Reinforced company’s policies and standards to ensure security and quality of work.
• Skilled in new equipment installation, system upgrades, and resolution of HVAC equipment related problems.
HEROUTH Engineering & Systems LTD, Israel 2002-2007 – Project Manager, Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning Department
• Key member of project leadership group within Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning department.
• Expert in construction of industrial air conditioning systems, public and health care facilities, as well as research laboratory systems
• Project cost and time estimates
• Coordinated with General Contractors and Owner Representatives schematic design, design development and contract administrations of projects.
• Supervised a staff of workers according to the project requirements
• Test and balancing of new systems to ensure completion for implementation and adoption.
• Provide prompt responses to HVAC related mechanical problems and issues.
• Provide individual and group instructions on how to maximize value from new HVAC systems.
• Provide on-call support and troubleshooting for urgent HVAC systems related issues.
• Main projects completed:
– Haifa Social Security Building – 1000 T.R. capability of HVAC System including thermal storage system
– Haifa Police Department Building – 800 T.R capability of HVAC System including DDC system.
– Tiberias Galey Kineret five stars hotel – 500 T.R. capability of HVAC System including renovation of existing system.
– Department of Hydrolyze in Naharia Hospital – 500 T.R capability of HVAC System including clean rooms.
1998– 2002 B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Israel