James Christopher Knight
P.O. Box 93 Ochelata, OK 74051 Phone: 918-520-8348 E-Mail: chris.j.knight@P66.com
INSTRUMENTATION & ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN
Highly skilled technical professional with 23 years of experience and proven expertise in instrumentation, automation controls, and electrical engineering. Adept leader possesses a demonstrated aptitude for administering control systems and coordinating and supervising major maintenance and engineering projects. Self-motivated and assertive team player effectively operates instrumentation and electrical equipment while troubleshooting issues to determine root causes, improve processes, and boost workflow.
Areas of Expertise
Control Systems Administration
DSC Control Systems
Calibration of Analyzers
Knock Engine Maintenance
Fire Alarm Systems
Oral & Written Communication
Technical Proficiencies: Computer OS & Applications including Windows and Microsoft Office Suite | Technical systems including Honeywell, Rosemont, Delta V, Micro-Motion, Eurotherm, Opto-22 and Siemens.
Control System Specialist 2012 – Present
Instrumentation & Electrical Technician 1992 – 2011
Phillips 66, Phillips Research Center – Bartlesville, OK
Brought on board to oversee maintenance of the entire instrumentation system at Phillips66 Research Center. Later, promoted to a Control System Specialist position, drawing on in-depth knowledge of network system architecture to administer the Honeywell Experion Control System and PhD Historian.
Accomplishments as Control System Specialist
• Strengthened system safety and security by fortifying process control network anti-virus protection and network security policies through the domain controller.
• Designed effective HMI graphics for operator interfaces as well as control schemes and logic for process control.
• Introduced small control systems within research laboratories to enhance process control and data retention through customizable data acquisition.
• Engineered data acquisition systems equipped with cellular monitoring to support research units in remote locations.
Accomplishments as Instrumentation & Electrical Technician
• Calibrated and installed a range of instrumentation, including Rosemont, Honeywell, Micro Motion and Brooks with a keen attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated technical strengths through extensive use of various electrical controls, controllers, and plant equipment, including Allen Bradley and Opto-22 as well as Cosa Flue Gas analyzers and Environmental Emissions Data Loggers (CEMS).
• Led the programming, troubleshooting, and calibration of the Notifier fire alarm system, Siemens Gas Chromatographs, compressor PLC controls, and HMI graphics indicating compressor conditions.
• Managed DCS integrated controls and data acquisition, utilizing HMI to create detailed HTML graphics, illustrating plant conditions for plant operators.
Education & Professional Development
Associate of Applied Science in Electronic Engineering Technology, 1991 – ITT Technical Institute
Certified Instrument Technician, 2002 – National Center for Construction Education and Research
Industrial Control System Cyber-Security Training – Department of Homeland Security, Phillips 66
To contact this candidate email email@example.com