JAMES E. RAPP
4424 Lakeshore Terrace Eagan, MN 55122 USA
Cell (651) 492-7345 Email email@example.com
A self-motivated and dedicated professional that truly enjoys integrating all aspects of automation. Possess excellent written/oral communication, technical and troubleshooting skills.
HIGHLIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE:
♦ Strong Mechanical and Electrical Skills ♦ Mechanical Design Assistance
♦ Electrical/Pneumatic Design and Documentation ♦ Control Panel Design and Wiring
♦ Strong PLC/HMI Programming Experience ♦ AutoCad Electrical 2014
Automation Engineer., December 2014 – Present
• Create Panel Layouts, BOM’s and Electrical Drawings in AutoCad.
• PLC/HMI Programming including Motion Control and MES Integration.
• Mechanical and Pneumatic Design.
Knobelsdorff Electric Inc., January 2014 – December 2014
• Onsite Controls Engineer at Spectro Alloys Corp. for various and continuing projects.
• Create Panel Layouts, BOM’s and Electrical Drawings in AutoCad Electrical 2014.
• PLC/HMI Programming.
PROJECT ENGINEER – NESTLE NUTRITION EXPANSION, EAU CLAIRE, WI
Dahlen Systems Inc., September 2010 – January 2014
• Control Panel Design.
• P&ID Editing and Validation.
• Lockout/Tagout Documentation.
Control Assemblies, April 2007 – July 2010
• Control Panel Layout and Control Wiring Design.
• PLC/HMI Programming for individual machines or plant automation.
• Final quality control checkout of industrial control panels.
• Certify industrial enclosures/panels for UL, CUL and CE.
• Field service calls including Install/Startups, I/O checks, Control Wiring Modifications and PLC Programming.
Marken Manufacturing, January 2005 – April 2007
• Design Electrical and Pneumatic systems for custom machines.
• PLC Programming.
• Write Operation Manuals for custom machines.
• Document Electrical/Pneumatic Schematics, and PLC Programs.
Specializing in Tetra Pak packaging machinery and distribution equipment, April 2000 – January 2005
MINNEAPOLIS TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Automated Systems Technology Certificate – Graduated November, 1991
Personal and professional references available upon request.