Pipeline Inspector (Chief Inspector)
Jared K. Uhlich
6138 Hwy 56 Chauvin, LA 70344
(985) 226-2467 Desperadofishing@yahoo.com
Objective: To obtain a position that will utilize my education and skills gained through extensive training and experience.
• Bachelors degree Northwestern State University December 2009
• AWS CWI (Pipeline, Petrochemical Plant Inspection , Topside/Subsea inspection)
• API 510 (48948)
• Highly skilled welder in multiple processes with offshore oilfield experience
• Experienced offshore oil field diver and inshore industrial plant diver
• Salvage and repair/construction on underwater structures at base facilities as well as ship husbandry
• Working knowledge of the Spanish language.
• Secret Security Clearance U.S. Government (DOD)
• API 510 (#48948)
• AWS CWI( # 12011221)
• Valid TWIC card holder
• Certified Commercial Diver
• 100 Ton Master USCG ( Serial # 1514176 )
• Pipe welder utilizing GMAW, SMAW, FCAW, GTAW
• Aluminum fabrication to ABS/ USCG standards
• Structural and pipe fitter
• EMT trained
• Current offshore safety training including HUET
Highlights of Experience:
9-1-13-Present Double Eagle Inspection
Pipeline Inspector (Chief Inspector)
Pipeline inspector for Trans Canada. Responsible for the management of the inspection team and all sub-contractors on TrancsCanada pipeline projects including but not limited to the following: Vendor Surveillance, Safety, QA/QC audits, schedule and budget management, film audits, weld tracking, hydrostatic testing, and overall compliance with the DOT
02/2013-9-1-13 PDI Solutions, Gibson, LA
Offshore Construction Consultant
• Offshore consultant for Apache Corp. Responsible for completion of construction projects, crew and facility safety, project cost, aviation and marine transportation, material control and documentation, quality assurance, NDE, and overall BSEE compliance
• Offshore pipeline inspection (Williams Tubular Bells) M/V G1200 Gulf of Mexico
09/2011-02/2013 Turner Industries, Baton Rouge, LA
• Responsible for the inspection of all welds, fit-ups, flange connections, equipment foundations and NDT examination methods.
07/2011-08/2011 Serimax North America, Port Fourchon LA
Pipe welder( Rig welder )
• New construction of pipeline jumpers, skids and spreader bars for BP’s deep water Atlantis project in the Gulf of Mexico.
04/2010 – 04/2011 Force Protection Incorporated, Afghanistan
Armor Welder/ Inspector
• Armor upgrades and battle damage repair to Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles (MRAP) in forward positions across Afghanistan, as well as Kuwait.
• Active secret security clearance, certified in multiple armor welding procedures
01/2009 – 02/2010 Bud’s Boat Rental, Venice, LA
• Utilized multiple welding processes for steel and aluminum for the fabrication and repair of crew, tug and utility boats to USCG standards.
08/2008 – 01/2009 Offshore Marine Contractors
Welder/Fitter (Rig Welder)
• Performed aluminum and steel welding procedures in a fabrication shop and on offshore oil and gas platforms
• Specializing in gas lines, risers, living quarter, line heaters and piping change outs.
06/2007-07/2008 Performance Energy Services, Houma, LA
1st Class Pipe Welder
• Pipe welder in multiple processes for the fabrication of new jackets, decks and heliports as well as the refurbishment of old offshore oil and gas platforms
06/2004- 07-2008 Commercial Fishing Captain, Gulf of Mexico
• Owner operator of commercial spearfishing and crabbing vessels operating in coastal and offshore waters of the Gulf of Mexico
08/2003 – 06/2004 Phoenix International, Morgan City, LA
• Performed underwater repairs on U.S. Naval vessels, Oil and gas platform jackets, pipelines and associated subsea structures.
• Responsible for topside fabrication utilizing steel and aluminum, Hyperbaric chamber operations and divers life support systems.
• Specializing in wet welding
05/2003 – 08/2003 Gulf Island Fabricators, Houma, LA
• Performed flux core and stick welding procedures for the fabrication of offshore oil platforms (pipe/structural)
02/2003-05/2003 Epic Diving & Marine, Harvey, LA
• Performed diver/tender duties on platforms and pipelines in the Gulf of Mexico
• Responsible for all topside fabrication, hyperbaric chamber operations and divers life support systems.
11/2002-02/2003 SSI International, Slaughter, LA
• Performed underwater repairs and replacement of traveling water screens in industrial plants
• Performed intake inspections, underwater video, burning and water jetting
08/1998-08/2002 U.S. Navy
2nd Class Diver/Hull Technician
• Performed various diving jobs including applying patches, cleaning and change out of ship’s propellers, cable repair/replacement, repairs to sonar sound heads and other related submarine hull systems and equipment
• Performed safe rigging for surface and sub-surface operations including working on towed array sonar systems in submarine ballast tanks, main propellers and secondary propulsion motors
• Performed welding repairs and fabrications including Arc, MIG/TIG, and Oxy/Acetylene cutting
• Performed underwater salvage operations utilizing Carrie cable, Broco cutting torch, hydraulic and/or pneumatic chainsaw, jack hammers, drills, chain falls and jetting equipment
• Certified EMT
• Air diving supervisor
Us Navy Dive School NDSTC Panama city, FL(1999)
Northwestern State University (Natchitoches, LA)
Graduation Dec 2009 BS
Fletcher Technical College LA.(Marine Division) (Advanced fire fighting)
Sea School, AL.(100 ton captain) (AB) (Radar Unlimited) (STCW 95)
API 510 (#36026)
To contact this candidate email Desperadofishing@yahoo.com