Senior Systems Engineer / Integrated Product Team Lead
Blaine, MN 55434 612.247.9674
Experienced, Senior-Level Systems & Project Engineer
Advance business goals and support innovative projects by maximizing proven system requirements definition, product verification and project management skills
Accomplished Senior Systems Engineer with background in electrical engineering and international project oversight. Proven talent for driving design decisions, defining and managing requirements, ensuring system verification, creating and executing work schedules, coordinating globally with team members and serving as technical resource to other disciplines.
Known as customer-focused, leveraging approachable and consultative work style in forging productive internal and external relationships. Established as strong manager, motivating teams and inspiring success at various organizational levels and within multiple functional roles.
Areas of expertise:
Requirements Definition | Six Sigma | Systems Engineering
Requirements Management | System Development | System Verification
Product Qualification | International Program Management
− MATLAB − Rational Clearcase − Rational Clearquest
− Stateflow − MathWorks Simulink − RCCA
− IBM Rational DOORS − LabVIEW − Microsoft Office Word
− Microsoft Office Excel − Microsoft Office PowerPoint − Minitab
− DFMEA − Microsoft Visio − V&V
HONEYWELL, Minneapolis, MN 2003 – 2016
Senior Systems Engineer / Integrated Product Team Lead 2013 – 2016
Oversaw power-control module and battery capacity self-tests in software loads, performed regression analysis, implemented change requests to state-flow models and verified changes via bench testing. Created and maintained management plans. Served as technical expert for multiple client projects, conducted testing on new software functionalities in anticipation of delivery to customer, completed required documentation, provided technical oversight to multiple foreign subcontractors and joined pertinent project meetings.
• Resolved requirement-tracing issues for maintenance team as designated representative during change-review meetings on Boeing 787 Flight Controls project.
Jason Behun email@example.com Page Two
• Achieved on-time and on-budget updates to PCM and BCT software models after implementing several rounds of design changes.
• Authored power-control module monitor test requirements analysis and system requirement documents ahead of schedule and under budget for COMAC C919 initiative.
• Facilitated implementation by C919 program by evaluating Rationale DOORS database tool, importing requirement specifications and creating use cases.
• Reduced checkout time 70% by developing automated software verification procedures for PCM monitory functionality for each software load.
Systems Engineer 2003 – 2013
Authored design, test and acceptance specifications for multiple Inertial Navigation product lines. Performed multiple formal product qualifications. Served as technical resource to multiple customers. Transitioned multiple Inertial Navigation products from development to production. Supported factory production by addressing design issues and analyzing performance data.
• Met all program milestones by conducting several rounds of formal qualification testing on B787 rigging functionality.
• Achieved 75% reduction in development effort for authoring design specifications and customer user manuals by utilizing Rational DOORS database, automating document creation.
• Increased performance vibration yield in production 50% by identifying design flaw in mechanical isolator and modifying issue with vendor.
• Developed high-, medium- and low-grade IMU specifications by collecting and analyzing factory production data and working with production leads to identify acceptable yields for each product.
• Created IEP-compliant aerospace processes and guidelines through review and modification to existing site-specific protocols.
• Resolved gyro-scale factor issue occurring during product qualification by developing and executing root-cause correction action testing.
o Testing enabled device qualification, identifying design change and completing project as targeted.
• Amplified new marketing strategies that leveraged Honeywell value proposition in sensor performance against known competitors by evaluating Inertial Navigation sensor packages and conducting side-by-side environmental / performance testing.
• Improved sensor performance 80% by applying G-sensitive calibration coefficients to production vibration during change to IMU-Six Sigma Green Belt project.
Additional Professional Experience
UNITED DEFENSE, Minneapolis, MN
Jason Behun firstname.lastname@example.org Page Three
Bachelor of Science (BS), Electrical Engineering, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
− Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
− LabVIEW Training Course
− MATLAB for Engineers Training
− DO-331 Model-Based Development Training
− System Integration – Design Track
− Eagle Scout, Den Leader, Recruitment Chair, Boy Scouts of America
− Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
− Member, Sigma Phi Delta Professional Engineering Fraternity
To contact this candidate email email@example.com