I & E Commissioning Technician
255 Lake Park Road, Burns Harbor, IN 46304 firstname.lastname@example.org P# 219.406.7605
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 12 years working various maintenance (TAR), small capital construction, and large construction projects in the petro/chem field.
• 7 years experience as a lead supervisor over all jobs involving instrumentation.
• 9 years experience with various DCS systems, Emerson Delta V, CHARMs remote I/O, Honeywell TDC 3000, Honeywell Plantscape, Foxboro Invensys.
• 9 years experience with many types/vintages of instruments/control valves.
• 5 years building and maintaining Excel spreadsheets to track progress on all instrument jobs.
• 5 years installing and troubleshooting 480/4160 V MCC switchgear, breakers, and motor control circuits.
• NFPA 70 E trained.
• OSHA 10 trained.
• First Aide, CPR, AED certified by the Red Cross.
NAES, UNIVERSITY PARK ENERGY, LLC., University Park, IL
Operation and Maintenance Technician IV 2015-Present
• Responsible for the safe operation of the daily demands of the facility.
• Troubleshoot and repair electrical and instrumentation systems to maintain plant reliability.
INSTRUMENT SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGIES, INC., Dakota Prairie Refinery, Dickinson, ND
Lead Instrumentation Technician 2014-2015
• Develop work plans to facilitate the proper calibration, troubleshooting, loop checking, and commissioning of instruments and controls for all new construction.
• Schedule and budget compliance.
MEADE INDUSTRIES, INC., BP Whiting, IN/Buckeye Pipeline, NW IN
Instrumentation Technician 2013-2014
• Install, calibrate, troubleshoot and loop check instruments and controls for various maintenance projects.
JACOBS ENGINEERING, Rayonier, Jesup, GA
Commissioning Specialist 2012-2013
• Build and maintain all turnover packages for E&I work, including but not limited to all MCC/Motor, CHARMs remote I/O, and Instrument installations on the CSE project.
• Launch the safe and successful E&I start-up of each unit of the CSE project.
MEADE INDUSTRIES, INC., BP Whiting, IN
Instrumentation Superintendent/Lead Instrument Quality Inspector – SRC Pillar 2011-2012
• Facilitate manpower, sanction proper installation and schedule compliance of all FOUNDATION Fieldbus, HART and HART SIS instruments correlated to the Delta V DCS at the Whiting Refinery.
• Build and maintain QC Loop Folders for over 3500 instrument control loops utilized for customer turnover.
Instrumentation Technician Superintendent 2008-2011
• Direct manpower, ensure proper installation and schedule compliance of all instrumentation projects, both new construction and maintenance, at the Whiting Refinery.
Instrumentation Technician/Forman Instrument Tech 2006-2008
• Install and execute operations check for various types of instruments, ranging from all pneumatic to HART SIS instruments and control systems.
• New construction and maintenance (TAR) projects.
• Complete bench checks, loop checks and commissioning, and troubleshoot instrument loops.
Journeyman Wireman/Foreman Electrician 2004-2006
• Review P&ID’s, loop drawings, data sheets and other associated drawings to insure proper installation.
• Project layout, manpower utilization and installation of electrical systems.
Apprentice Wireman 2003-2004
• Install conduit and wire for switchgear, equipment, lighting, temperature elements and various types of transmitters and control valves.
CITY OF LAKE STATION, IN
Electrical Inspector 2004-2005
• Inspect all permitted electrical jobs within the city. Ensure all jobs are installed per the NEC 2005 edition.
Various Contactors in NWI
Apprentice Wireman 2000-2003
• Complete various tasks on industrial and commercial construction projects, including but not limited to job layout and installation of electrical systems.
IVY TECH STATE COLLEGE
Associates Degree, Construction Technology, Applied Science 2004
IBEW LOCAL 697
Electrical Apprenticeship Program, Hammond, IN 2000-2004
Instrumentation and Control Systems Course 2004
Fiber Optics Course 2004
Programmable Logic Controllers Course 2004
HVAC Course 2004
ESCO Institute Type I and Type II EPA Certification 2004
Certification of EPRI Level II Instrumentation and Control 2007
NFPA 70E Training 2005
EMERSON PROCESS MANAGEMENT
Course 7020 (AMS) 2009
Course 7030 (FOUNDATION Fieldbus/Delta V) 2011
Thomas Shelby, Jr., Group Leader, General Motors (810) 965-7969
Davey Jones, Owner/Principal Consultant, Locker Tech (252) 402-5445
Paul Ochs, Math Teacher, Chesterton High School (219) 742-5312