Jay Travis Mason
2215 Oak Level Road Benton, KY 42025
Objective To gain knowledge and experience in Quality Control, Quality Assurance and
NDE functions and operations.
Experience Nuclear NDE Technician
URS, Savannah River Site- Mox Project Aiken, SC February 18 2013- Current
• NDE crew providing coverage for radiography field welds and other NDE
inspections on Mox fuel project construction.
• Field welds utilizing contact, elliptical, and super imposed radiography
• Computed Radiography (GE Flex system used on this project).
• Performing dye penetrant testing on field welds, glove box seams, and
various structural pieces.
• Completing computer generated testing reports.
Nuclear NDE Technician
SGT, Waterford 3 Killona, LA September 24 2012- December 21 2012
• NDE crew for steam generator replacement outage of two generators at
• Extensive radiography work on large diameter, critical piping using
panoramic technique with J-tube in high-pressure situations.
• Performed dye penetrant testing on ambient and high temperature critical
• Pickup and returned radiation sources to QSA Global completing
• CR experience with Fuji Computed Radiography system.
• Performed inspections for quality control and quality assurance on work
package surveillances, bolt torqueing, material transfers, visual inspections
on welds, and completing all paperwork/computer generated reports
Nuclear NDE Technician
URS, Duke Energy Plants multiple locations, SC/ NC February 28 2012- May 5
2012, September 27 2013- November 1 2013, March 10 2014- June 4 2014
• NDE crew on refuel outages for Duke Energy Catawba Nuclear site York,
SC and Duke Ochonee Nuclear site Seneca, SC and McGuire Nuclear site
• Radiographed various field and vault pipe welds per procedure.
• Perform dye penetrant testing on valve seats and other associated
components located on turbine.
• Performed ultrasonic thickness testing on numerous components and
piping grids for focalized area corrosion.
• Provided support in numerous stages of radiography process i.e. shooting
crew, film runner, personnel search of radiation boundary, clearing
contaminated equipment, surveying radiation boundaries, and placing
• Perform Magnetic Particle testing on rotors, diaphragms, and other turbine
parts. Yoke and Coil techniques.
TWI, Kuttawa, KY February 2007- October 2009
• NDE in a variety of settings i.e. chemical plants, power plants, fabrication
shops, food process plants, commercial job sites, pipelines and in house
• Radiographed welder certifications, field welds, structural pieces, tanks,
other various equipment.
• Extensive experience using Krautkramer DMS II ultrasonic thickness
• Visual Inspections (process safety management/ mechanical integrity,
welds) for annual plant inspection programs.
• Work with destructive testing
• Good understanding of isometric drawings and weld blueprints.
Audas Environmental LLC, Benton, KY November 2009- February 27 2012
• Organizing and executing Asbestos surveys, providing job oversight for
companies such as Duke Energy, Kentucky Utilities, Hoosier Energy, etc
• Air monitoring on welders for data collection on exposure to Chromium,
Arsenic, and total dust while welding and grinding on fossil plant boiler
• Keeping detailed records of results and data.
• Writing reports, delegating work tasks to others, and communicating with
• AHERA accredited Asbestos Inspector, Management Planner, Supervisor,
and Project Monitor.
Education Graves County High School Mayfield, KY 2002-2006
• Attended Mayfield/Graves County Area Technology Center- Welding I &
• Earning credits transferrable to West KY Community College
• Current GA state radiographer card expires 11/30/18
• SNT TC-1A Level II RT, PT, MT
• AWS CWI #14080531
• OSHA 10 hour training
• Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card holder
• Valid U.S. Passport and drivers license