Full-time employment as H.V.A.C. Technician Repair or Installation
Universal EPA certified
OSHA 30 hour safety training
Propress and Pureflow participation training
R-410A Safety certificate
Electronic missile systems repair- 94A
Army. Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Primary Leadership Development Course
Army. Fort Lewis, WA
2010 to 2013
A.A.S. Degree: Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning
Hennepin Technical College. Brooklyn Park, MN
Minnesota Army National Guard, 1/34th FSB
Title 10 full-time Activation
Electronic Missile Systems Repair Specialist
• Preventative maintenance checks and services of T.O.W. 2B, Javelin Missile Systems, and military vehicles
• Calibration of thermal sights and guidance systems
• Remove and replace of full systems in Bradley Tanks
• Tested faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment or software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.
• Inspected components of industrial equipment for accurate assembly and installation or for defects, such as loose connections or frayed wires
• Installed/ repaired equipment in various settings
• Repair, test, adjust, or install electronic equipment, such as industrial controls, transmitters, and antennas.
July 2001 to may 2005
Regular Army 4-2 ID, 202nd BSB, B Company Fort Lewis, Washington
Electronic Missile systems Repair
May 2005 to March 2007
• Team Leader of field repair teams during training exercises
• Worked hand in hand with Raytheon on the TOW2-B missile system of the Stryker A.P.C
• Company Calibrations coordinator requiring tracking, timing, and fitting the unit equipments.
• Assisted in the refitting of unit ground based TOW missile systems
• Assisted in the maintenance and handling of the Javelin Command Launch Unit Upgrade
Operation Iraqi Freedom, Diyalla Provence, Iraq
March 2007 to September 2008
Electronic Maintenance Shop Specialist
• Repaired Night Vision Goggles, SINCGARS Radios, Computer Hardware, Thermal sights
• Travelled to complete checks and services of company Stryker missile systems
• Replaced, repaired, and calibrated Battalions Missile Systems.
• Was attached to maintenance teams and assisted in repairs that include 91C, utilities repairer, 91D Generator repair, and 91B Wheeled vehicle repair.
Tube and Pipe Fabrication
• Cut, deburred and threaded pipes
• Flared and swaged soft copper tubing
• Brazed tubes with Acetylene and Oxy-Acetylene
• Wired switches and fuses in series and parallel with loads
• Used DMM to check Wattage, Voltage, Amperage, Capacitance, and Resistance.
1ph Motors and Aux. Controls
• Wired circuits with one phase motors, switches, transformers, start and run capacitors, potential relays, and current relays.
• Removed and Replaced rotors, stators, overloads, and capacitors.
• Read and wired relays, control circuits and primary circuits.
• Became familiar with ladder, wiring, and pictoral diagrams
• Recovered refrigerant pulled vacuum, leak tested with nitrogen, and charged A/C units.
• Studied condensers and evaporators
• Used King valves to pump down refrigerant systems
• Installed TXV’s, orifice, and capillary type metering devices
• Replaced Filter Driers, evaporators, and TXV’s
• Installed a new Furnace and Condenser.
• Used a Ductilator to size supply and return ventilation
• Used a Velometer to take CFM readings
• Made Duct, Slips, drives, and Plenums out of sheet metal
Gas Heat Systems
• Adjusted maxitrol and manifold gas pressures for Propane and N.G burners
• Removed and replaced burner orifices and burners
• Adjusted Flame for in-shot, slotted/ ribbon, and upshot burners
• Tested and Replaced Thermocouples and Flame Rods
• Inspected Heat Exchangers
• Used Combustion analyzers to ensure proper combustion
• Learned troubleshooting using order of operation
• Installed venting using venting tables
Hydronic Heat Systems
• Installed new Boiler and 3-piece circulator pump with coupling
• Installed zoning valves and mixing valves
• Installed Air scoop and expansion tank
• Purged all supply lines separately
Central Air Conditioners
• Installed condensate drains, condensing units, linesets, thermostats, and reversing Valves.
• Checked and adjusted superheat and subcooling.
• Serviced and repaired Condensing units
• Troubleshot refrigerant problems such as: over and under charges, Airflow and water cooled problems, dirty condensers, liquid restrictions, and TXV bulb placement and charge problems.
• Used Delta-T to check proper refrigerant pressures and operation
• Installed LLSV’s on pumpdown systems
• Troubleshot defrost timers, hot gas solenoids, three way valves, ORD’s, and ORI’s
• Adjusted EPR/ SORIT’s for freezer operation
• Brazed desuperheater lines, and sight glasses
• Adjusted HPC’s and LPC’s to adjust temperature of cases.
• HTC has a 15 ton reciprocating chiller which we were allowed to inspect and clean
• Removed plates covering heat exchanger water tubes and inspected for leaks one by one
• Inspected steam lines, chiller towers, air handlers, and glycol solutions
• Replaced Air filters, and a water logged expansion tank.
Packaged Heating and Cooling Equipment
• Adjusted Economizers, gas pressures and pilot lights, primary and secondary air, and inspected curbs
• Adjusted temp rise and ventilation for Make-up air units, installed control panel, inspected Fireeye, ignition transformer, barometric damper, and actuator motor.
Commercial Electrical HVAC/R
• Wired three phase starters to run for start, stop, jogging, and reverse with O/L and aux. contacts.
• Wired 3 phase motors for high voltage 5 and 9 lead, and low voltage 5 and 9 lead
• Checked for proper scroll compressor operation in 3 phase wiring
• Checked for dead leg operation in 277 Volt systems.
Activities and Interests
Pickup baseball, golf, tennis, snowboarding
Long distance bicycle riding, jogging, weight lifting
Air mobility rodeo, junior ROTC, member of the VFW
Lt. Ryan : Nichols 133rd ALW Security Forces XO 320-280-0686
Jim Ruhland : HVAC Teacher, Hennepin tech. 763-488-2563
Mark Arens: HVAC Teacher HTC, 952-995-1442
BACK TO TOP
BACK TO TOP
25,000.00 – 50,000.00 USD yr
Current Career Level:
Years of relevant work experience:
5+ to 7 Years
Date of Availability:
US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Target Job Title:
Desired Job Type:
Willingness to travel:
Up to 50% travel