21 Lawrence Rd, Parsippany, NJ 07054 • firstname.lastname@example.org • 484-632-7291
Summary: With a diverse and balanced educational and professional background, I leverage my Mechanical Engineering and
Industrial & System Engineering background to solve both engineering and statistical problems.
Lehigh University Bethlehem, PA 1/2013 – 5/2014
Master of Engineering in Industrial and Systems Engineering
Core Courses: Analytical Methods in Dynamics and Vibrations, Finite Element Analysis, Design of Experiments, Service Systems
Engineering, Simulation, Time Series Analysis, Optimization Models and Applications, Applied Data Mining
National Cheng Kung University(NCKU) Tainan, Taiwan 9/2007 – 6/2011
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Rank: 6 /52
ENGINEERING AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
• CAD and Simulation Software: AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Autodesk Simulation, and Simulink.
• Programming Languages: MATLAB, C++, Python, FORTRAN, Scilab.
• Statistical Software: SAS, Arena, ITSM2000, Minitab, and AMPL.
• EIT (FE Mechanical)
• Coursera: Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices, Machine Learning
System Analyst, Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. Livingston, NJ 2/2015 – Present
• System Analysis: Analyzed and integrated service delivery applications in IBM Server (AS/400) via SYNON/2E software
and RPG coding techniques.
• Web Application Development: Migrated ERP system to Web version by building SQL queries for IBM i database.
Applied language HTML and jQuery in WebSmart ILE software to develop website.
• System Reporting: Reported and monitored abnormal events generated by supporting and applicant systems.
Intern – Industrial Engineer, Vintage Tub & Bath Mountain Top, PA 5/2013-6/2013
• Supplier Coordinator: Communicated with manufacturers on product design in International Merchandise Department.
• Inventory Management: Responsible for Purchasing and Inventory Management using software Prophet 21.
• Product Drafting: Provided the dimension graphs of 40 products for company website using AutoCAD.
Mechanical Engineer, RIN SHING METAL CO., LTD ChangHua, Taiwan 7/2012-12/2012
• Contributed mechanics knowledge associated with product development in faucet manufacturing department.
• Product Drafting: Designed and drafted products using AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
• CNC Programming: Developed computer code for CNC machine and scheduled cutting tools for manufacturing.
• Quality Control: Improved the quality of the manufacturing processes in machine shops, thus reducing cost.
• Thermodynamic Analysis: Applied analytical method to new product design on water thermal control.
PROJECTS IN UNIVERSITIES
Design of Experiments Project Lehigh University 11/2013-12/2013
• Built a design of experiments model to enhance the strength of holder structure with minimum Von Mises Stress.
• Designed a 2 factorial experiment to control four different design factors of the structures; applied Simulation Module
of SolidWorks to analyze maximum stress; imported data into Minitab, and identified significant factors by ANOVA.
• Compared with the normal design, the best design reduced 74% of Von Mises Stress on the structure.
Analysis of the Failure of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge Lehigh University 4/2013-5/2013
• Objective: Used knowledge of Finite Element Analysis to analyze the suspension bridge.
• Method: Applied vibration analysis and flutter analysis to the problem; used MIDAS Civil to create CAD models and
analysis; Based on the result of the above analysis, determined the causes of failure of the original design.
• Contribution: Formulated the vibration and flutter equation; modeling and analysis of the bridge by MIDAS Civil.
Advanced Dynamic Project Lehigh University 2/2013-3/2013
• Applied Inverse Kinematics Method to simulate the motion and bearing force of a 3 DoF robotic arm by Simulink.
• Derived reverse kinematics equations and simulated the motion of the robot by simulink; used Newton’s and Euler’s
equations to derive the dynamic system equations, and computed the bearing forces at each moving components.
• Used Jacobian transpose to reverse dynamic system equations, and solved differential equations to obtain joint angles
and positions; compared the errors between obtained results and desired results.