28015 Chateau Dr. Daphne, AL email@example.com (251) 422-8023 090-2080-4195
Experienced welder with 6 years of experience in the GMAW, GTAW, FCAW, and SMAW welding.
• Certified Welding Inspector (less than 1 year) #15092311
• Aluminum GMAW Certification
• Structural Fitter Certification
• GTAW and GMAW Carbon steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Copper Nickel Certification in the
• Thousands of hours logged welding a variety of pipes in large, small, and challenging spaces
• Able to weld in any position required to complete the weld
• Strong leadership skills to coach new welders in the field
• Ability to read and interpret complex Navy drawings
• Credited with thinking outside of the box to find solutions to issues across departments. For
example, reaching across communication gaps that caused print issues with engineering that
resulted in a more efficient process.
• Operate various tools including hand grinders, come alongs, chain falls, port a powers, hammers,
wedges, bandsaw, portabands, hand torches, and other tools as needed
• Self motivated with a reputation as a hard worker
• Strong interpersonal skills
Journeyman Pipe Welder January 2012 – Present
AUSTAL – Mobile, AL
Responsibilities include welding all diameters (quarter inch to eight inch) of copper nickel and stainless
steel pipe to the specifications of Austal. Coordinates training efforts for new welders in the gas tungsten
arc welding (GTAW) process. This process includes the demonstration of specific welding techniques to
showcase what a weld should look like including size to what filler rod to use. Over this three year period,
provided expert pipe welding for at least four warships (USS Independence, USS Jackson, USS
Montgomery, and USNS Spear Head).
Structural Supervisor July 2010 – January 2012
AUSTAL – Mobile, AL
As a structural supervisor I coordinated 20 employees to complete welding and fitter tasks for small and
large scale projects. As a task master, it is important that the day to day agenda be completed in the most
efficient way possible while still ensuring the safety of employees. Attention to detail was also a very
important aspect to my management approach, which ensured that all inspected panels from my
department were built to prints.
• Promoted to A Class Structural Fitter in the first 6 months with Austral.
• Promoted to supervisor with a crew of 15 to 20 fitters and welders in the first year with Austal.
This success was built on a reputation of excellent performance and finding unique ways to get
the job done.
Tire Mounter March 2009 – July 2010
TITAN TIRE – Des Moines, IA
Mounted tractor and small equipment tires on to rims while filling customer work orders on time to the
highest quality. Performed small repairs on damaged rims. Operated forklifts and pallet jacks to transfer
tires to shipping area.
Burntable Operator August 2007 – February 2009
IDEAL STEEL – CNC – Eugene, OR
Cut out parts ranging from one inch to seven inches in thickness of steel using six oxy acetylene torches.
Operated overhead crane to remove completed parts and remove scrap plate from table. Also place raw
materials back onto the table for the next work order. Performed routine repairs to parts that were cut out
by welding and grinding.
Robot Tender/Foundry Worker February 2005 – July 2007
PCC PRECISION CAST PARTS – Portland, OR
Operated a million dollar robot to process large cylinder molds to extract the metal (ingots) that was
poured into it. Welding and fabrication to machinery, tools and equipment as required to maintain
systems. Performed preventive maintenance on all hydraulic rams . Used electric grinders. Ran an
air/electric hoist to lift stuck ingots and an air arc machine to cut the mold apart.
UNITED STATES NAVY – Master at Arms July 2002 – February 2005
EDUCATION/ TRADE SCHOOLS
AIDT Maritime Training Center – Mobile, AL
Aluminum GMAW Certification, Structural Fitter Certification January 2010 – April 2010
GTAW and SMAW Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminum, August 2012 – December 2012
Copper Nickel Certification in the 6GR
FCAW, SMAW, GMAW, GTAW Carbon Plate and Pipe Certification February 2013 – August 2013
CWI Prep Class Ed Norman LLC – New Orleans, LA April 2015
Sandy High School – Sandy, OR 2002