Proj Manager / Process Engineer
Jeremy Leonhard 36 Palmer Drive
Phone: 717.574.1172 Camp Hill, PA 17011
SUMMARY: Experienced and dedicated process engineer & project manager with over 10 years of overall experience able to leverage extensive background in process design, unit operations, construction management in food manufacturing or related industries to streamline workflows and maximize profitability of operating assets.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
• Drexel University – Philadelphia, PA Class of 2005
A&B Process Systems, a business unit of JBT Corporation – Northeast RSM, May 2015-July 2016
• Remote regional sales manager responsible for developing and increasing sales revenue in the Northeast region to meet corporate sales targets in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
• Responsible for prospecting, scoping & closing a $10M+ pharmaceutical manufacturing project within the first 6 months of employment.
• Positioned as one of the few members of the sales team able to additionally act as a technical resource to potential & current customers, assisting with the design of projects up to and including execution/startup.
• Focus on providing value adding process solutions to our customers, not just an equipment sale, through development, design, and leveraging broad knowledge of customer base and company experience.
• Work to stay up-to-date with the changing industrial climate of Food, Beverage, Dairy & Pharmaceuticals.
GES Automation Technology – Harrisburg, PA Process Engineer, August 2010 – Present
• Project manager for projects in the Food & Beverage Industry ranging from $50,000 to $2.5M.
• Intimately involved in all aspects of projects from design phase, equipment selection, customer interaction & construction management.
• Designed large-scale food & beverage processing lines using AutoCAD & limited Inventor.
• Worked closely with customers in roles ranging from maintenance technicians to VP of Engineering to develop technical baselines and economic models in the early phases of projects to drive intelligent investment decisions.
• Gathered information to generate budget documentation for project feasibility studies.
• Provided field support for commissioning and start-up for new production line at Y&S Foods (The Hershey Company, Twizzler brands).
• Created comprehensive piping & instrumentation diagrams & building layouts in preparation for major curd rationalization project at Fleur de Lait (Alouette Cheese).
• Served as general contractor for the Line 1 Batch/Blend Project at Dr Pepper Snapple Group (Motts). Responsibilities included overall process design, project & budget management, direct supervisor for mechanical/electrical subcontractors.
• Integral member of small, focused team responsible for increasing yogurt separator capacity of approximately 30% and integrating new UV water sanitization equipment for Schreiber Foods.
Cognis Corporation – Kankakee, IL Team Leader, November ’08 – December ’09
• Responsible for “Care Unit” at Cognis Kankakee (now BASF) facility which includes but not limited to: design & implementation of projects focused on improving OEE, labor utilization, unit operations & maintenance, scheduling to meet shipment requirements, and discipline of union employees with assistance from steward.
• Trained as Incident Commander/HAZWOPR as per OSHA’s 29 CFR 1910.120. Member of the Emergency Response Team and trained in First Aid & CPR.
• Direct supervisor to approximately 15 union operators, exclusive to my shift, involved in the production, adjustment, packaging & shipment of surfactant products.
• Received introductory training for designing and integration of DeltaV distributed control systems.
• Trained to perform on-site spotter truck movements of tankwagons and box trailers on the off-shifts.
• Member of the Care Chemicals Continuous Improvement Team tasked with collecting data and samples in response to customer feedback and quality improvement opportunities.
• Worked closely with Master Planner to ensure timely production and delivery of shipments.
• Generated a daily “job plan” to be distributed to all operators and other Care personnel guaranteeing solid communication of expectations.
• Assisted in planning of maintenance work in the unit alongside the Production Superintendent and Maintenance Scheduler in weekly meetings. Also in charge of issuing all work permits to contractors in accordance with plant policy with regard to “hot work” and “safe work” requirements.
• Liaison between production and upper management at daily departmental meetings. Tasked with informing Department Manager, Master Planner, Quality & Technical Managers with current operations and how they pertain to the business plan.
• “First line of defense” for the department when process upsets occur, providing technical support and asset management to execute an effective plan for continuing operations.
• Lead on project to upgrade the materials of construction of the waste ester removal and storage systems. Worked with Quality department to research materials of construction & process optimization to reduce wear on vessels & piping, ending with decision to move to Hastelloy-C instead of 304-SS.
• Part of a team to investigate and isolate opportunities for improvement in the tankwagon loading system. Findings included sizing new pumps, repair and replacement of balance tanks and upgrading procedures in how to deal with unacceptable conditions of arriving tankwagons.
JSP Resins – Butler, PA Development Engineer, April ’07 – April ‘08
Johnson Matthey – Wayne, PA Batching Engineer, Sept ’06 – April ‘07
Johnson Matthey – Wayne, PA Process Control Engineer, Sept. ’05 – Sept. ‘06
RELEVANT COMPUTER SKILLS
• AutoCAD Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015
• Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, & Visio
• Limited knowledge of AutoCAD Inventor, RSLogix, HYSYS, Aspen, & SAP
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org