Jessica M. McKeith
Saginaw, MI 48603
Process Controls Engineer
ABOUT: A Process Controls Engineer proficient in designing, programming, and maintaining DCS systems to meet
functional safety requirements with areas of strength in system architecture and hardware and depth of knowledge
in Batch Programming and Development in ABB 800xA.
Quality Control & Systems Analysis
Complex Problem Solver
Attention to Detail
SAGINAW VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY
Bachelors of Electrical Engineering
Certificates of Completion
Engineering and Control Builder
Engineering and Operations
SIS Triconex System
ABS Root Cause Analysis
Matrikon Alarm Database
Microsoft Office Proficient
• Continuous improve and maintain efforts on the existing distributed
control system, which included over 150 controllers.
• Managed, designed, and programmed the conversion of 25 DCU
systems to ABB 800xA.
• Created new aspect system from the ground up to split an overloaded
• Coordinate with the Maintenance and Operations departments to
plan and schedule work.
• Lead and conduct Root Cause Analysis.
• Inspect, simulate, and test new systems to ensure they conform with
operational and safety standards.
• Implemented a Hardware Alarming System on the 150 DCS controllers
that detects hardware malfunctions before affecting the running
• Interact with PLC communication disseminating information to and
from the DCS system.
• Design, program, and maintain Batch processes.
• Write functional requirement specifications for all process areas.
• Operate and maintain Process Safety Logic for entire system.
• Manage and perform firmware upgrades on existing control system.
• Teamed with control system provider on case studies to resolve issues
in current system.
• Acted as Lead Instrumentation Engineer for capital projects.
• Perform Functional Acceptance Testing on new process areas.
• Field verified instrumentation installations to ensure they were
constructed as designed.
• Manage third party vendors to meet construction deadlines.
Hemlock Semiconductor, Hemlock, MI
Process Controls Engineer July 2012 – Present
Instrumentation Engineer August 2011 – July 2012
RELEVANT JOB SKILLS
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org