Project Manager – FLOOR STORE INC
Vadnais Heights, MN 55127
Project Manager FLOOR STORE INC
August 2011 to Present
Performing take-offs on building plans, calculating floor coverings, wall tile, granite counters, etc needed.
• Putting together a bid to the General Contractor from pricing I obtained from various vendors.
• If we win the contract, I purchase all the materials needed, manage lead times, notify our installers when the materials arrive, manage the job VERY closely monitoring our job costs and making sure the end user and the GC is happy with our performance of the contract.
• Dealing with problem invoices, pricing issues, paying our sub-contractors, looking for new installers in different areas of the country, locating machinery needed for jobs we’ve bid on and won around the country. Pricing negotiating is an important part of my job.
Planner/Buyer PRECISION COATINGS
September 2010 to July 2011
Support the Production Dept by organizing, planning, and monitoring customer orders.
• Provide customer service support by processing customer orders and notifying the sales staff and customers of the order status.
• Arrange and prepare documentation for shipments.
• Assist in production planning, monitor due dates to customers, monitor and update Production Schedule in Excel, prepare all reports and forms for weekly meeting, file completed job packets after shipment.
• Establish due dates and monitor inventory levels of all materials, enter purchase orders on JobBoss, place orders with vendors, and file hard copies according to ISO procedures. Expedite orders, receive in materials in system, monitor and adjust min/max levels, monthly inventory.
Project Manager NAPCO INTERNATIONAL
November 2005 to September 2010
Going through 800+ government solicitations for defense projects looking for assemblies and kits each day.
• Have the ones selected downloaded and then sorting through all the drawings to figure out just how the part goes together and what is needed.
• Building a bill of materials using reverse engineering then go about finding machine shops, casting and forging vendors, and finishing shops to make the parts needed for the job.
• Using vendors all over the country, then calling on all the quotes and make sure there’s pricing on everything needed, then adding everything up, calculating lead times, and marking up the project accordingly
• Then submitting my pricing to the government.
• When the job is won, cutting all the PO’s using the BOM created, and expediting orders as needed
• Once all parts are in, notifying assembly team to put the project together.
• Also dealing with all claims, defective and lost parts, and any contract modifications or problems that arise.
Purchasing Manager SVT ASSOCIATES
June 2004 to November 2005
Called on quotes each day, monitored stock levels of commonly used parts and bought office supplies, sought out new vendors and machine shops to keep cost down and lead time short.
• Cut PO’s and followed up with vendors to make sure they were received and would arrive on time.
• Also bought raw materials such as exotic metals, sheet metals and tubing.
• Set up SKU numbers and managed the buying process including invoices, found new vendors, and managed the vendor relationships already established.
• Did all accounts receivables and all the shipping and receiving, pulled parts for the assembly line to put together.
• Kept accurate inventory of stocked items.
Purchasing Agent DIVERSIFIED DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS
September 2002 to June 2004
to make sure each shipment had what it needed to leave.
• Sought out new vendors to keep costs down and lead times short.
• Cut purchase orders and expedited PO’s to assure proper stock levels.
• Managed inventories in 7 distribution centers.
• Provided bid pricing for current and potential customers.
• Met with vendors and negotiated vendor seasonal pricing, payment terms, and inbound freight.
• Managed slow moving or obsolete SKU’s.
• Set up SKU numbers.
• Created product projections for customers and vendors.
• Managed PO releases and expedited overdue PO’s
• Managed vendor performance.
• Resolved problems with paperwork.
Purchasing Rep. and Project Manager TARGET CORPORATION
January 1998 to September 2002
Saved the company nearly $2 million the first year
• Ordered floor coverings, security systems, paint, 2 way radios, and construction equipment for Marshall Fields, Mervyns, and Target stores.
• Obtained the best price possible from vendors by negotiation and reverse auctions.
• Worked with the General Contractor, on site Project Manager, and various vendors to make sure our materials arrived on the job site on time and made sure the vendors each came in at or under their purchase order.
• Made sure that product arrives on time and dealt with any delivery or install problems.
• Managed our inventories and warehouse stock with vendors, purchased printed materials, and secured bids.
• Developed new products and worked with vendors and internal teams with research and development to make current products perform better for less.
• Found new vendors and worked with them to bring them up to speed and be a more effective vendor for Target.
International Business Management Metropolitan State University
Living Word Bible Institute
Brooklyn Park, MN
2001 to 2005
Inver Hills College
Inver Grove Heights, MN
1992 to 1994
Business Management Century College
White Bear, MO
1987 to 1989
Extensively used for over the past 10 years in purchasing:
Oracle 10.7 and Oracle 11i, Peachtree, PACMAN accounting, MS Project, MS Access, Raven, Hedberg, One World, MAGIC, Ariba Buyer, ASI, RockySoft, Pentagon, Ashlar Vellum, various Pull, ERP, MRO, and MRP systems, Word, Excel 2000, Works, Outlook, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, MS Office, JobBoss
To contact this candidate email email@example.com