primary knowledge expert
This resume has been forwarded to you at the request of Monster User xnerx03
pulled for Daikin
Jimmie Winbush Last updated: 06/10/15
Job Title: no specified
Company: no specified
Rating: no specified
Screening score: no specified
Status: no specified
Ashburn, VA 20147
Quick View Links:
Resume Headline: Jimmie Winbush – Mechanical Engineer Resume Value: infbeb9xqd39s3w4
JIMMIE L. WINBUSH
Highly experienced and results-oriented engineering professional with proven ability to lead and manage all aspects of highly technical and diverse projects. Demonstrated record of success driving the planning, scheduling, and execution of mission-critical projects and services. Adept at identifying and allocating resources, communicating with project stakeholders, optimizing processes, and creating efficiencies for time and cost savings. Comfortable working in a high-stress, fast-paced environment with shifting priorities. Broad understanding of various building systems with recognized expertise in HVAC systems. Demonstrated expertise in utilizing current engineering design software, including Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D. Able to effectively author and edit design specifications, incorporating complex information from project documents, specifications sheets, shop drawings, and design criteria. Top Secret security clearance from DHS/FEMA.
Lord Fairfax Community College, Middletown, VA
A.A.S., Civil Engineering Technology, 2014
A.A.S., General Engineering, Computer-Aided Drafting, 2014
A.A.S., Mechanical Engineering Technology, 2013
Certificate, Computer Aided Design/Drafting
Certificate, Industrial Design
Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA
B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering Technology (Minor, Engineering Management), expected 2016
Defense Acquisition University Courses
FAC-Contracting Officer Representative Level II
• Cost Estimating (CLM 016; 8CLP)
• Ethics Training (Knowledge Center)
• Contracting Officer’s Representative Online Training (CLC 222; 32CLP)
• Market Research and Commercial Item Acquisitions (CLC 004; 7.5CLP)
• Federal Contracting Basics (CON 100; 30.5CLP)
• Federal COTR Training Program (CLM 024; 30CLP)
• Project Management (HBS 435; 2CLP)
• Risk Management (CLM 017; 8CLP)
• Medical Gas Services Certification, Certified Medical Gas Services, Boston, MA (ASSE) 6005, 6020, and 6040, 2013
• Carrier Heat Pump Tech 2, 2011
• 1st Class Steam Operator Engineer, License #M0800122, 2010
• LG Electronics Certificate of Completion, Multi V Systems Training Installation/Start Up Basics, 2010
• UA HVAC Journeyman, 2007
• 2nd Place Statewide Apprentice Competition, TN, 2007
• Steamfitters Local Union 614 Apprenticeship Training, Memphis, TN, 2002-2007
• EPA-608 CFC Certification; Type I,II,III and Universal 2004
• AutoCAD 2013
• Revit 2013
• Inventor 2013
• MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
• Honeywell DDC Systems
• Liebert Precision Cooling Units
• Johnson Controls Metasys Systems
• Variable Frequency Drives
• Siemens Apogee Systems
• Pneumatic Controls Systems
• Boiler Flame Safeguard Systems
• Building Management Systems
• CAD Sketching & Drawing
• 2D, 3D Solid Modeling
• Safety Regulations
• Energy Conversion
• Research, Design & Development of Mechanics
• Design Procedures; Theories of Failure & Material Selection
• Heat Transfer/Thermodynamic Technologies
Amazon Web Services Ashburn, VAMar 2014 to Present
• Operates, monitors, maintains, and responds to abnormal conditions in facilities systems; areas include electrical, mechanical, building monitoring, and control.
• Tracks and trends operational characteristics.
• Provides feedback to Data Center Operations Engineering on the effectiveness of existing standards and processes.
• Manage contractors and consultants for all system expansions, corrections, and upgrades.
• Follows and tracks annual budgets.
• Tracks and completes an aggressive preventive and predicative maintenance schedule.
• Ensures data center operates at maximum operational efficiency.
• Analyzes heat loads from existing thermodynamic analysis of operating conditions, recommends new technologies, and improves overall efficiency and cost reduction.
• Manages systems to avoid unplanned, customer-impacting outages.
• Determines maintenance requirements for mechanical and electrical systems.
• Manages the data floor and back of house mechanical loading capacity, thereby ensuring that the cooling system is operating at its highest efficiency.
• Manages day-to-day operations.
• Provides applied mechanical and integrated control expertise for the entire data center.
• Works as a primary knowledge expert in regard to fire and electrical codes.
• Serves in a technical writing capacity in regard to the derivation of procedures for preventative or corrective maintenance activities.
• Exercises understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including, but not limited to, electrical distribution and layout, transformers, PLC’s, generators, switchgears, UPS systems, STSs, ATSs PDUs, chilled water systems, CRAC/CRAHs, and pre-action sprinkler systems.
• Exercises knowledge in industrial safety best practices (e.g., lockout/tag out, arc flash protection, OSHA and state regulations).
• Proficient and experienced with data trending/tracking and analysis, and able to rapidly learn and use PC-based integrated critical monitoring systems.
• Installs, maintains, and/or troubleshoots large commercial and industrial systems including: chilled water systems, large centrifugal chillers, cooling towers, heat exchangers, water treatment systems, VFDs and pumps, HVAC equipment such as package units and intake/exhaust vents, CRAC/CRAHs, humidification systems, BMS and PLC controls, emergency standby diesel generator systems, fuel/oil systems, 480/277 and 208/120 electrical generation and distribution, static UPS systems, and double interlock pre-action systems.
Department of Homeland Security/FEMA Blue mount, VAMay 2011 to Feb 2014
Air Conditioning Equipment Mechanic, Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center
• Provided day-to-day preventive maintenance, repairs, testing, modifications, and efficient operations on commercial air conditioning, ventilation, and refrigeration systems.
• Utilized architectural/engineering software (Auto Desk AutoCAD, Revit, and Solid Modeling in Inventor) to update equipment schematics and mechanical parts.
• Led installation, maintenance, repair, testing, and adjustment of electrical wiring systems, related switching equipment, fans, heating appliances, thermostats, electrical drills, and grinders.
• Estimated to repair or replace equipment/system shortcomings via on-the-spot assessments utilizing knowledge of engineering design to maintain secure work environment.
• Utilized measuring/metering instruments and tools to recognize the cause of faulty equipment while ensuring work meets building blueprints and drawings to plan.
• Coordinated with other individuals and organizations as needed, such as building engineers, construction staff, telecommunications staff, maintenance and cleaning staff, and outside vendors.
• Communicated and coordinated between on-site staff, off-site employees and contractors, representatives of the buildings’ owner, and the building management company.
• Collaborated with building property managers on specific projects (e.g., disassembling/ assembling/installing systems for building renovation, surveying, identifying equipment replacement/reconditioning) to ensure technical aspects of project were well defined and understood.
• Led technical collaborative meetings with recommendations to management on ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of facilities operation according to ASHRAE standards.
EMCOR Government Services/World Bank Data Center, Chantilly, VAAug 2011 to Nov 2012
Building Engineer (Part time)
• Performed independent oversight of Data Center building operations and critical space.
• Performed daily operation, inspection, maintenance, and repairs of energy management system and building automated system (Johnsons Metasys and Siemens Apogee), fire safety system, two Daikin/Mcquay 400-ton screw air cooled chillers w/VFDs distributed to fifteen Liebert Precision Cooling units, and two 2000-kw Caterpillar generators for back up or emergency power via JDC Power systems automatic switching gear station.
• Coordinated routine Data Center schedules and estimates with chief building engineer, Data Center clients, and other contractors conducting work on site.
• Responded to tenant request (normal, unscheduled, and emergency) for building service calls utilizing shop radio and work order tracking system. Maintained clear understanding of functionality of Data Center environment systems, BMS protocols and procedures, and knowledge of raised-floor Data Center environment.
• Planned and created cost analysis to provide technical support for projects and knowledge of IT programming when needed.
• Served as a technical resource person to other EMCOR team members.
• Reviewed blueprints, job work orders, project construction, emails, and paperwork from management regarding suggestions for improvements and upgrades to modernize the data center.
Local Union 614 – URS Prime Contractor, Brownsville, TNJan 2010 to May 2010
Tennessee Valley Authority-Lagoon Creek Combustion Turbine Plant
• Member of team responsible for installing power plant service and instrument air systems.
• Performed basic and complex piping system install via review and interpretation of blueprints, codes, drawings, and specifications. Piping systems are used to carry steam, water, air, gases, chemicals, solids, and fuel in industrial and manufacturing plants and in water purification and water treatment systems.
• Utilized blueprints/submittals to create detailed sketches for pipe and equipment fabrication and installation.
• Conducted post-installation tests of piping system to ensure quality control checks were performed and system operated according to specifications, project requirements, and safety standards.
Gipson Mechanical Contractors, Memphis, TNJun 2008 to Jan 2010; May 2010 to May 2011
Commercial Journeyman, Service Technician
• Performed repairs, modifications, commissioning, testing, and preventive maintenance on commercial air conditioning, ventilation, heating, refrigeration, and automation systems (Johnson Controls Metasys, Honeywell DDC systems).
• Utilized measuring/metering instruments and tools to recognize the cause of faulty equipment while ensuring work was performed according to plan.
• Coordinated service meetings and worked with other tradesmen within the company on special projects.
• Utilized architectural/engineering software (AutoCAD/Inventor/Revit).
• Utilized principals and theories of air conditioning and refrigeration to restore and regulate climate control.
Walker-J-Walker Mechanical Contractors, Memphis, TNApril 2003 to June 2008
Apprentice, Commercial Service Technician
• Performed repairs and preventive maintenance on commercial heating, ventilation, and air conditioning units and some refrigeration systems and building automation systems (Novar/Honeywell DDC systems).
• Utilized basic knowledge of pneumatic controls and pneumatic controls systems on heating, ventilating, and air conditional units.
• Fabricated metal ducts during shutdowns and full operations in a steel mill.
Civil/Mechanical Notable Projects
Construction of 117’L x 48’W x 26’H cooler and 7’x 14’ x 8 freezer
Customer: Baxter Corporation
• Determined dimensions of placement area and assisted with steel framing for cooler and placed walls.
• Hung evaporator coils and drain lines with proper fall; mounted emergency drain pans under evaporator.
• Brazed and mounted liquid and suction copper piping to condensing unit outside building.
• Insulated suction lines and set outside condensing unit; terminated controls and electrical wiring.
• Pulled vacuum to 400 microns on system and charged with proper refrigerant—R-22 for cooler and 404a for freezer; purged nitrogen through system while piping, and used nitrogen for leak testing.
Emergency maintenance and repair of hurricane-damaged warehouse air-conditioning systems
Customer: IDEXX and various others companies
• Reclaimed and recovered refrigerant.
• Cut out damaged condenser coils and replaced with new condenser coils.
• Fitted and brazed new condenser coils.
• Installed liquid line dryers to catch any debris in system.
• Pulled vacuum of 400 microns and weighed in refrigerant charge to manufacturer’s specifications.
Equipment maintenance during Charleston, SC plant shutdown
Customer: Nucor Industrial Steel Mill
• Performed maintenance on crane operators’ cabin A/C systems during vital shutdown and after plant was back online utilizing safety harnesses and lanyards to work on equipment suspended in the air.
• Mounted and assembled 6-foot exhaust duct work for ventilation inside the mill.
• Replaced and mounted various-ton air conditioning split systems and packaged units.
Assembly of 6 Trane air rotations and condensing units
Customer: Cingular Wireless
• Assisted crane operator with the unloading and rigging of six 125-ton condensing units.
• Assembled and stacked air rotation units, with each leveled compartment to manufacturer’s specifications.
• Ran copper liquid and suction lines, terminated electrical wiring, and fitted coils to outside condensing units and coils to evaporator section.
• Used heavy-duty power equipment to lift and install units with proper personal protection equipment.
• American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), 2013-Present
• National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE), 2013-Present
• International Association of Engineers (IAENG), 2013-Present
• American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), 2013-Present
Winbush Resume | 1
Experience BACK TO TOP
Job Title Company Experience
Mechanical Engineering Technician DHS/FEMA – Present
Additional Info BACK TO TOP
Current Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Work Status: US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Target Job: Target Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Target Company: Company Size:
Target Locations: Selected Locations: US-VA-Northern
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org