3500 Grand Canyon Dr.
Norman, OK 73026
Phone: 580-695-4298 Email: email@example.com
10 years of experience in the petrochemical refining industry as a Process Controls, Instrument, and Electrical Engineer.
Feb. 2013 – Present Leidos – Oil, Gas, and Chemicals Division Oklahoma City, OK
Senior Instrument and Electrical Engineering Specialist
• Lead Instrument and Electrical Engineer for multiple EPC projects. Projects Include: LSB Ammonia Plant, El Dorado, AR; Northern Tier Energy DDS and DU Units, St. Paul, MN; ONEOK Fractionator Expansion, Hutchinson, KS; Cabot Fire Detection System, Pampa, TX; Plains Lightning Protection, Schaefferstown, PA; Chesapeake Energy Central Oil Production Facilities, Peeler, JJ Henry, and JEA Ranches.
• Primary Functions Include:
o Instrument and Electrical Equipment Specifications and Quote Development: DCS, SIS, BMS, Control Valves, Shutdown Valves, Regulators, Transmitters, Switches, Gauges, UPS, MCCs, Cable, Tubing, Conduit and Fittings
o Instrument Index and I/O Lists
o Control Narratives and Cause and Effect Diagrams
o Vendor and Skid Package Control System Integration
o Construction Drawings: Plot Plans and Layouts, Junction Box and Marshalling Panel Wiring Diagrams, Motor Controls and Oneline Diagrams, Cable Schedules, Installation Details, Loop Diagrams
o Construction Coordination, Startup, and Commissioning
o Proposal Development: Scope of Work and Responsibility Documents, Material and Man-hour Estimates
Jan. 2006 – Feb. 2013 Valero Energy Corporation – McKee Refinery Sunray, TX
Process Controls Engineer
• Design and implement control strategies and graphics on the DCS and PLCs.
• Develop and maintain P&IDs, Cause & Effects, Critical Instrument Lists, and I/O lists.
• Project management for Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) according to company standards ($2.6MM), DCS cutover from pneumatic controls to Honeywell Experion C300 platform ($0.6MM), installation of CEMS and analyzer shelters for environmental compliance on heaters and boilers ($4.2MM).
• Specification and ordering of instrumentation and control hardware including: PLCs, DCS, HMIs, power supplies, cabinet purge and temperature controls, network infrastructure, transmitters, control valves, analyzers, solenoid valves, and signal transducers.
• Maintain equipment and support plant operations. Including troubleshooting instrumentation, controls, motor controls, unit startup and shutdown.
• Participate on project team as lead controls engineer on major capital projects. Interface with engineering firms to design, implement, and approve control strategies. Approve construction packages including instrumentation specifications, control narratives, I/O lists. Lead signoff on loopchecks, and site acceptance testing. Lead controls engineer on unit startups.
• Participate as lead controls engineer in factory acceptance testing of software and hardware for new DCS, PLC, and analyzer shelter applications.
• Participate in unit PHAs and alarm rationalizations.
• Participation on incident investigation teams to identify cause and recommendations of appropriate hazard mitigation.
• Participate as lead controls engineer for major unit turnarounds from planning and scope definition stage through unit startup.
Skills and Qualifications:
DCS: Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Yokogawa CS3000, Honeywell (Experion C200 and C300, TDC3000, OneWireless, HC900)
PLC: Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Allen-Bradley (ControlLogix, SLC 500, RSLinx), Triconex (Trident, Tristation 1131, Diagnostic Monitor), Bently Nevada 3500 Racks, Compressor Controls Corporation (CCC) Series 3 Controllers
HMI/SCADA: Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Aspentech (IP.21, AspenCalc, Administrator), Wonderware (Intouch, Windowmaker)
B.S. Electrical Engineering – Dec. 2005, Oklahoma State University
Additional Skills/Training: Microsoft Office, Triconex Trident Training, Honeywell Experion and TDC3000 Training, ISA Member since 2006