Joseph D. Larson
231 Ave N., Hopkins, MN 55343
Objective To advance my career as an electrical & controls engineer in the HAC field. s
Controls Engineer II Innovent Air Handling Equipment 2013-
• Programed DDC controllers for the use in custom rooftop air handling equipment in Present
accordance with unit-specific requirements.
• Created electrical schematics and bill of materials for all electrical components.
• Maintained program templates to streamline the program creation process.
• Traveled to high profile job sites to address advanced controls issues post startup.
• Executed value engineering projects saving the company $30k+ annually by utilizing
more cost effective circuits and parts.
• Reviewed submittals to ensure all controls and electrical aspects of projects were in
line with company’s best practices.
Control Systems Engineer/Project Manager ICS Healy-Ruff 2011-2013
• Manage the design, production, test, and startup phases of projects up to $100K.
• Designed control systems based on consulting engineer’s specifications for the control
of water and waste water systems.
• Created CAD drawing templates to streamline the design process of standard
• Developed standard electrical back panel layouts and manufacturing processes to
streamline production of standard products
• Perform factory acceptance testing to ensure all hardware and software meet
• Ensure all control panels meet the requirements of NEC and UL508.
CAD Designer Mammoth, Inc. 2010-2011
• Created electrical drawings in AutoCAD for the production of rooftop heating,
ventilation and air conditioning units.
Worked with the factory floor to set up drawings that would streamline the production
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering Spring ‘10
University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Physics and Engineering Science Spring ‘10
Bethel University, St. Paul, MN
• Extensive use of AutoCAD Electrical for electrical design and creating Bills of
• Proficient in Carel’s 1Tool and C.Suite programming environments.
• Experience reviewing and troubleshooting code in Horner CScape.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access.
• Shortline slalom water skiing, fingerstyle acoustic guitar, home remodeling, cycling,
• References available upon request.
To contact this candidate email email@example.com