This resume has been forwarded to you at the request of Monster User xnerx03
pulled, emailed l3 me
Joseph Lutian Last updated: 01/06/14
Job Title: no specified
Company: no specified
Rating: no specified
Screening score: no specified
Status: no specified
Arnold, MD 21012
Mobile: 410 570-5911
Contact Preference: Telephone
Quick View Links:
Resume Headline: Joseph Lutian – Electro-Mechanical Engineer Resume Value: rg65bmcrv7quqn4b
Joseph J. Lutian page 1 of 2
525 Bay Dale Court, Arnold, Maryland 21012 (410) 570-5911 email: email@example.com
SUMMARY: Seeking a Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Management position within the areas of Product Development and Manufacturing requiring an experienced, self-directed, motivated individual with excellent technical and communication skills. Mr. Lutian carries over 20 years of Engineering experience in the areas of Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, and Pneumatic/Hydraulic Design, Structural Design, Transducer and Sensor Design, Static/Dynamic Testing, Extreme Environment and Acoustic Testing, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Support, and Aftermarket Support applied to Aerospace, Marine, and Medical Device industries.
3/11-10/13 TCOM, L. P.; Columbia, Maryland www.tcomlp.com
Electro Mechanical Design Engineer (Contractor)
• Electro-Mechanical Design of Aerostat Electric Power and Control System Components: Responsible for electro-mechanical and packaging design of Aerostat System high voltage (~10kV) transformer units (airborne and ground based), power slip ring assembly, and avionics power distribution/control units. Designed to strict space, weight, high voltage (~10kV), and EMI requirements. Created solid model conceptual layouts (SolidWorks), performed thermal and FEA structural analysis of custom enclosure and rack designs. Prepared design review presentation packages demonstrating compliance of electro-mechanical designs with thermal, structural, environmental, EMI, producibility, and maintainability requirements. Prepared SolidWorks assembly/detail drawings and as needed with support of CAD designers and created/maintained Engineering BOM’s using SolidWorks EPDM and Agile PLM database platforms.
3/09-3/11 Sikorsky Aircraft Corp.; Stratford, Connecticut www.sikorsk.com
• Qualification Testing of Helicopter Dynamic Components and Systems: Ground Test Engineer responsible for FAA Airworthiness Testing of Helicopter Tail Drive and Main Rotor Driveshafts, Couplings, Bearing Assemblies and Seals. Responsible for correct setup, data acquisition, instrumentation, and calibration of Dynamic Test Facilities for parameters of speed, torque, vibration, temperature, and strain – and accurate application of aircraft loads on test specimen. Testing determined component durability and temperature/vibration threshold limits for aircraft bearing health and usage monitoring system (HUMS). Also responsible for post test teardown inspection / failure analysis of bearing components, gears, seals, and shaft coupling test specimens, vibration and modal analysis of test data, and test documentation including formal test plans and test reports.
• Qualification of Supplier Manufactured Parts: Responsible for coordination of supplier parts qualification testing per Federal Airworthiness (FAR 27, FAR 29) and MIL-STD-810 environmental requirements.
11/96-3/09 Active Signal Technologies, Inc.; Linthicum Heights, Maryland www.activesignaltech.com
Senior Mechanical Engineer, Product Development Team
• Lead Design/Project Engineer: Responsible for mechanical design, solid modeling, FEA structural/modal and thermal analysis, CAD drawings, machining, assembly, and testing of piezoelectric and magnetostrictive driven sonar transducers, sensors, and solid state actuators .
• First Stage Digital Control Pilot Valve: DARPA sponsored project – Piezoelectric type solid actuator used to drive a high frequency response fluid control mechanism to effectively meet performance spec for first stage aerospace hydraulic control valve using direct digital power input. Responsible for electro-mechanical design of valve, prototype manufacturing, hydraulic test stand construction, integration, instrumentation, and testing.
• Brain Acoustic Monitor: Acoustic based system for identification of Traumatic Brain Injuries. Responsible for electro-acoustic sensor design, signal conditioning electronics packaging, and human/sensor interface.
• Noise Immune Stethoscope: Electronic Stethoscope capable of hearing lung and heart sounds in high noise environments. Responsible for low frequency and ultrasonic transducer design, electro-mechanical packaging, ruggedization design, and overall mechanical layout.
•Facilities Manager: Responsible for facility selection and build-out, procurement of machine tools, set up of machine/model shop including heat treat, electrical and mechanical fabrication/assembly stations. Set up and programmed heat treat oven to produce high strength alloy steel and beryllium copper parts. Responsible for daily operation of engineering lab and fully tooled prototype machine/model shop with in house heat treating capability.
Joseph J. Lutian____________________________________________________________________________page 2 of 2
3/87-11/96 Lockheed Martin Aero & Naval Systems; Baltimore, Maryland
Staff Engineer, Aeromechanical Engineering,
• Jet Engine Thrust Reverser Aftermarket Support: Internal Customer Support Engineer responsible for coordination of aftermarket services for PW4168 Thrust Reversers used by Malaysia Airlines, Thai Airways, and LTU (Düsseldorf, Germany). Responsible for hydraulic and structural component spare parts flow and configuration upgrades, tracking of rotable repair units, and engineering support for the creation of maintenance manual documentation for newly introduced jet engine thrust reverser.
• Manufacturing Liaison Engineering: Created MRB and standard repair procedures for large nacelle BMI/Graphite/honeycomb bondments.
•Hydraulic Systems: Created functional interface control documents for hydraulic Thrust Reverser Actuation System used on Pratt & Whitney 4168 jet engine thrust reverser (Airbus A330 aircraft).
•Sonar Transducer Design: Lead mechanical design engineer responsible for structural and electro-mechanical design, fabrication, and functional testing of many electro-acoustic transducers applied to sonar and oceanographic tomography systems, and active vibration cancellation systems.
• Project Management: Managed hardware development phase of numerous sonar and vibration cancellation projects for both company funded and contract research and development projects. Supervised laboratory staff of engineers and technicians; coordinated sub-contracts, materials procurement, schedule, cost and quality control.
EDUCATION: University of Connecticut; Storrs, Connecticut
B.S. Mechanical Engineering and Materials Engineering,
COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN AND ANALYSIS:
•SolidWorks CAD System and Simulation FEA: 6000+ hours
•AutoDesk Inventor CAD System: 8000+ hours
•Ansys DesignSpace FEA Stress/Thermal/Modal Analysis: 3000+ hours
•CATIA V4: 2000 + hours
•AutoCAD Release R12, R13, R14: 4000+ hours
MANUFACTURING SKILLS: Includes proficiency in manual mill and lathe machining, surface grinding, precision mechanical assembly, adhesive bonding (including bonding tool design), electrical soldering, cable harness fabrication and connectorization, polyurethane and silicone vacuum molding and encapsulation, circuit board assembly and packaging.
ELECTRICAL TESTING SKILLS: Includes proficiency in signal analysis using oscilloscope and spectrum/impedance analyzer, sensor signal conditioning electronics troubleshooting, operation of Labview and Dataq data acquisition systems, high voltage dielectric strength and corona testing.
• ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence) Sikorsky Ground Test internal training for standard work with emphasis on 5S and 6S principles, and FMEA methods.
• TQM (Total Quality Management) and Concurrent Engineering. Lockheed Martin internal training for manufacturing and engineering practices/ procedures.
•High Sensitivity Noise Immune Stethoscope, Patent App. No. 2007/0165872; July 19, 2007
•Brain Assessment Monitor, Patent No. 6,887,199; June 3, 2005
•Compact Hybrid Actuator, Patent No.6,751,954; June 22, 2004
•Physiological Sensing Device, Patent No. 6,491,647; December 10, 2002
•Method for Measurement of Intracranial Pressure, Patent No. 5,919,144; July 6, 1999
REFERENCES: Available upon request
Experience BACK TO TOP
Job Title Company Experience
Electro-Mechanical Engineer TCOM, L. P. – Present
Additional Info BACK TO TOP
Current Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Years of relevant work experience: More than 15 Years
Date of Availability: Immediately
Work Status: US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Active Security Clearance: None
US Military Service:
Target Job: Target Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Target Company: Company Size:
• Mechanical Engineering
Target Locations: Selected Locations: US-MD-Anne Arundel County
Willingness to travel: Up to 25% travel
Languages: Languages Proficiency Level
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org