Joseph Michael Oyer
713 E 145th Street, Burnsville, MN 55337
Phone: (218) 966-1449
Software and firmware developer working in diverse tasks with proven success in project outcomes. Highly proficient in hardware interfacing as well as end-user application software design.
Frontier Communications – Senior Developer September 2015 – present
• Develop ETL algorithms for geospatial feature translations.
• Design and employ web applications utilizing Google Maps and FME ETL software as backend.
Seagate Technology LLC. – Spinstand Tester Software/Firmware Engineer August 2011 – September 2015
• Design of embedded PID controller, including development of firmware for head servo control.
• Develop end-user electric test application software and user interface components.
University of Minnesota – Bachelor of Electrical Engineering B.E.E 2014
Studied control theory and digital signal processing, labs involving control of AC induction motors, design of micro-controllers, and PCB layout and manufacturing.
University of Minnesota – Bachelor of Computer Engineering B.Comp.E 2011
Studied digital logic, Verilog, computer architecture, operating systems, data structures, and algorithms.
Hibbing Community College – Pre-Engineering 2008
Studied physics, calculus, electronic circuit theory, and technical report writing.
• High proficiency in C, C++, and Python.
• Skilled in MATLAB/Simulink with control design and signal processing emphasis.
• Adept in Microsoft C#, .NET, and CLR.
• PostgreSQL/PostGIS for spatial applications.
• Microsoft Win32 API, COM, ActiveX.
• VHDL and Verilog.
Dual Actuator Servo
Designed head servo system utilizing course and fine actuator control resulting in greater than 35% increase in areal density for HGA test applications. Developed design software package in Python utilizing Qt windowing framework to evaluate and deploy control schemes.
Software Plugin Infrastructure
Served as lead project architect for developing a common platform for test algorithm implementations and data processing utilities.