Finance Analyst I – SuperValu
Maplewood, MN 55119
email@example.com – (218) 232-1368
I am seeking a challenging opportunity in software development. I am currently working to expand my
knowledge in Node, Express, React, and MongoDB, and would love the opportunity to work in an environment
with these technologies. I have built custom WordPress themes for more than five years and am comfortable
with HTML, CSS, and PHP.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
SlatePeak, LLC – Maplewood, MN – August 2015 to Present
– Hire and manage independent contractors on investor relations work
– Write and edit press releases for public companies of varying sizes (average market capitalization around
– Design and optimize websites to meet client needs, including setting up landing pages, e-commerce, client
portals, booking functionality, and more
– Develop spreadsheets to help clients make capital budgeting decisions
Finance Analyst I
SuperValu – Eden Prairie, MN – July 2015 to Present
– Research tax rate updates across the U.S. and modify customer data to ensure each customer pays the
correct amount of tax.
– Develop dynamic spreadsheets to create an efficient platform for internal revenue recognition auditing.
– Work with business systems managers, accounting staff, and the business credit team to create a more
efficient billing and customer database system.
– Gather, analyze, and put together period-end Borrowing Base Certificate (Asset-Based Lending) reports
based on the company’s saleable accounts receivable, less specific reserves. This report directly affects the
company’s operating financing.
Director of Finance and Technology
Slate & Slate Construction, Inc – Salem, OR – June 2012 to July 2015
– Establish relationships with third-party financing companies to offer a variety of different financing options
to roofing and concrete customers.
– Work directly with customers to understand their financial situations and help them apply for the most
appropriate type of home improvement loan.
– Create and analyze financial models and forecasts in order to help with capital budgeting decisions regarding
equipment, training, and other investment decisions. Made clear recommendations to management based on
analysis of models.
– Designed Excel models, which utilize Solver and pivot tables, to perform break-even analysis for different
Bachelor of Sciences in Finance
Portland State University – Portland, OR
2010 to 2015
HTML (10+ years), CSS (7 years), Microsoft Office (10+ years), PHP (7 years), WordPress (7 years),
Goethe-Zertifikat B1 (German Fluency Certificate)
August 2015 to Present
I passed the B1 German fluency certification test issued by the Goethe-Institut.
Node/Express API Authentication Tutorial with JSON Web Tokens
February 17, 2016
I wrote a tutorial on building a Node/Express API authentication system using Passport and JSON Web Tokens
for statelessness, scalability, and added security.
Express, Mongo, React), Microsoft Office Suite (including Access and Excel), Adobe Creative Suite, Financial
Modeling and Forecasting
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org