Karega Mccollum | Page Two
KaregaK@gmail.com | 725.500.3635 | Henderson, Nevada
Results-oriented service and installation technician with 12+ years of progressive experience focused in Quality Assurance (QA), process improvement, customer service, maintenance, staff management, and training. Proven problem solver with solid track record in high-pressure, demanding, and diverse environments. Analytical, detail-oriented, and motivated, with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Key Values Offered:
• Quality Assurance (QA) • Leadership/Mentoring • Troubleshooting • Maintenance
• Customer Service • Problem Solving • HVAC Certified • Attention to Detail
• Training • Follow-through • EPA Certified • Fluent in Spanish/English
Switch Sep 2012 to Oct 2015
Critical Systems QA Supervisor • Las Vegas, Nevada • FEB 2014 to OCT 2015
Led a team of five personnel responsible, ensuring the completion of 15,000+ work orders across seven campuses whilst ensuring adherence to safety standards. Accountable for the maintenance on 115 Air Handler Units (AHU), 80 Liebert Air Condensing Units (ACU), 13 pump skids, 45 fluid coolers, 85 Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS); commissioned and powered on 500+ Power Distribution Units (PDU) and 1,500 Remote Power Panels (RPP) to establish communications and breaker settings; performed monthly/quarterly battery testing; and conducted top fan change outs and built transfers to generators to perform maintenance on power module fans/cards.
• Created 200+ policies and procedures focused on monitoring the progress of work orders across business locations and shifts, ensuring 100% completion.
• Developed a training program for 125 personnel supporting continuous process improvement and cultivating a better-equipped and effective work force.
• Analyzed data and developed management level reports, outlining efficiencies amongst campuses, shifts, and tasks—efforts advised overall labor hours and required personnel.
• Developed and implemented an AHU inspection checklist, PDU commissioning checklist, RPP commissioning checklist, fluid cooler checklist, pump skid checklist, task evaluations, and counseling forms permitting the ability to track performance—improving overall performance.
Critical Systems Lead Technician • Las Vegas, Nevada • MAR 2013 to FEB 2014
Supervised a team of two technicians and two apprentices responsible for planning and conducting preventative and corrective maintenance on pump skids, AHU cooling towers, RPPs, UPSs, PDUs; installing environmentals into Neuron IDs to monitor floor temperature; and monitoring and responding to alarm activity. Keen attention to detail and dedication to process improvement directly resulted in promotion to Critical Systems QA Supervisor.
Critical Systems Technician • Las Vegas, Nevada • SEP 2012 to MAR 2013
Responsible for conducting preventative and corrective maintenance on pump skids, AHU cooling towers, RPP, UPS, PDU; installing environmentals into Neuron IDs to monitor floor temperature. Outstanding efforts led to promotion to Lead Technician.
United States Navy SEP 2003 to SEP 2012
Work Center Supervisor/Lead Sonar Technician • San Diego, CA • SEP 2008 to SEP 2012
Supervised a work center of up to 30 personnel responsible for troubleshooting circuit cards and sensors; overseeing the corrective and preventive maintenance of three sonar sensors and onsite networks; developed, monitored, and maintained 100+ voice and teletype circuits.
• Managed and trained 100+ technicians on the repair maintenance, testing/calibration of micro-processing equipment, digital electronics, electro-mechanical and hydraulic equipment.
• Oversaw the completion phase of ~300 projects focused on on-time management, maintenance scheduling, and corrective maintenance. Implemented project management methodologies to ensure on-time completion.
• Calibrated, repaired, and inventoried 200+ pieces of electric test equipment, providing accurate measurement and testing capabilities for shipboard sonar, communication, and weapon systems.
• Proactively volunteered and served on an assessment team to review and analyze organizational survey results focused on topics related to sexual harassment, discrimination, and equal opportunity for advancement. Additionally, as a representative for the organization’s Drug and Alcohol Program, counseled and mentored 350+ personnel.
Sonar Technician • San Diego, CA and Mayport, FL • SEP 2003 to SEP 2008
Planned, scheduled, and maintained annual, quarterly, and monthly maintenance boards for preventative and corrective maintenance for sonar related gear and systems with a 100% completion rate; created, monitored, and maintained circuits (voice and teletype); and routed message traffic across systems.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with a Minor in Mathematics
Xavier University of Louisiana • New Orleans, LA
United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Certification FEB 2013
Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Certification JUN 2013
To contact this candidate email KaregaK@gmail.com