Karthik A. Hegde
520 W Franklin St, Apt # 1509, Richmond, VA 23220
Phone: (408) 508-8892 Email: email@example.com
Creative, goal-oriented and strong work ethic seeking an entry level position related to Automotive, Manufacturing,
Design, Quality Control and Process Engineering Position.
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), Richmond, VA December 2015
Master of Science in Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering GPA: 3.33
Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore, India May 2014
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering GPA: 3.58
Skills and Abilities:
Technical Skills: Competent User in ANSYS, Catia V5, UG NX6, Solid edge, Mastercam, CAM and CAD
Computer Skills: Proficient User in Microsoft: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Areas of Focus: Manufacturing, Design and Automotive.
Intern MICO BOSCH- Manufacturing Process (MFP) Division, Bangalore, IN Feb 2014- May 2014
• Study and Development of fuel injection pump for CUMMINS Ltd
• Received and relayed orders for pilot pumps
• Oversaw production; validated standards; met order deadlines
• Catia V5 was used to complete a term project for designing laptop mountable office chair.
• ANSYS is used to do an impact problem/project during masters. It was used to observe the waves
generated due to the impact, which leads to stress and may lead to fracture of impactor, the target or the
Other Work Experience:
Teaching Assistant, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA Jan 2015 – May 2015
• Graded the papers of undergraduate students
• Other assigned work related to Mechanics of Materials
Research Assistant, Materials Characterization Lab, VCU, Richmond, VA. Summer 2015
• Prepared Standard Operating Procedures for different instruments.
• Help set up a new lab
Teaching Assistant, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA. Aug 2015 – Dec 2015
• Grading the papers of undergraduate students
• Clarifying doubts on their given homework on CAE Design.
• Basic Course in Automobile Technology on VE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES: VOLVO GROUP AND
• Workshop on Design, simulation and Analysis of Commercial Car Organized by SGT-International,
Wiziq, Steinbichler-Germany, CIS India, Wikipedia & Metawing Technologies.
• Attended a workshop on Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing Technologies organized by
RAPITECH SOLUTIONS INC.
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org