Ken R. Phelps
4738 N. Cashel Circle
Houston, Texas 77069
Experienced technical individual with a strong background in both field instrumentation and digital control systems. Analytical and particularly adept at implementation as well as fault diagnosis and resolution. A Dale Carnegie graduate assistant with very effective communication, organization, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Strong history of interfacing with personnel at all organizational levels and cultural backgrounds. Work history includes multiple projects conducted at both domestic and international sites. Very knowledgeable of Microsoft Office applications.
Areas of Expertise
Digital Control Systems
• Implementation, configuration, upgrade, backup, and maintenance of the Honeywell TPS Distributed Control System.
• Successful completions of new control system installations as well as on-line upgrades of existing systems.
• Development and implementation of Process Control I/O Point configuration and HMI schematics.
• Design and implementation of an off-line Process Control Development System.
• Application administrator of system hardware and software configuration using such tools as PAS’s DOC 3000.
• Developed and maintained data base for hard I/O point assignments ensuring unit segregation.
• Developed and maintained documentation on power distribution, network topographies, fiber optic topographies, elevation and plot plans, and spare parts acquisition.
• Routinely assisted maintenance and operation personnel in problem isolation and resolution.
Alarm Management and High Performance HMI
• Alarm Philosophy Development
• Alarm System Performance Analysis
• Alarm Rationalization and Implementation
• Real Time Alarm Management Development and Implementation
• Alarm Management Workshop Development and Presentation
• Software and Hardware installation
• Application and Methodology Training
• Extensive knowledge of PAS, Inc. Plant State Suite Alarm Management Software
• High Performance HMI Workshop Presentation
• HMI Development
• Extensive experience in all aspects of process control instrumentation including selection, implementation, and maintenance
• Dale Carnegie Graduate and Graduate Assistant.
• Trainer, team problem solving.
• Regional Sales Manager, Instrumentation sales.
• Customer Service Manager, Instrumentation sales.
Plant Automation Services (PAS) 2006 – Present
• Senior Applications Consultant
Solvay Polymers, BP Solvay Polyethylene, Innovene, Ineos 1990 – 2006
• Control Systems Specialist, 1995 – 2006
• Instrumentation Technician, 1990 – 1995
Waterfield Mortgage Corp. 1988 – 1990
• Residential Loan Officer
Shearson Lehman Mortgage Corp. 1985 – 1990
• Residential Loan Officer
ITT Hildenbrandt Engineering 1981 – 1985
• Regional Sales Manager, 1984 – 1985
• Customer Service Manager, 1983 – 1984
• Engineering Associate, 1981 – 1983
Mobay Chemical Corp. 1979 – 1981
• Instrumentation Technician
Associates of Applied Science – Instrumentation Technology
Texas State Technical College
Associates of Applied Science – Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
North Harris Community College
Associates of Arts
McLennan Community College
United States Navy – Petty Officer Second Class, Communications Technician
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org