Elk River, MN
firstname.lastname@example.org – (612) 751-0549
To obtain a challenging position in a mechanical engineering career. Where I can apply my innovative ideas,
skills and creativity for accomplishing projects that add value to the overall company profitability.
✓ Experienced in Mechanical Drafting & Design Technology.
✓ Self-motivated and willing to take on anything for the challenge.
✓ Enjoy accomplishing things that contribute to company profitability. Well-liked and very outgoing active team
Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Sportech Inc – Elk River, MN – April 2015 to November 2015
Worked with Solid Works 2014.
• Worked with plastic thermoforming parts to create: windshields, doors, roofs and whole cab enclosures.
• Specialize in the design and development of parts for on/off road sporting good market.
• Designed and detailed quality products and accessories for numerous markets including the recreational
and utility vehicle product industry.
Design Drafter/Custom Layout
Pentair Technical Products – Anoka, MN – June 2014 to April 2015
See previous employment with Pentair.
ATK Sporting Group – Anoka, MN – September 2012 to April 2014
Worked with Solid Works 2014.
• Designed and detailed scope crosshair drawings based off bullet ballistic drop calculations for all scopes.
• Worked directly with scope manufactures engineers on new designs and current product lines.
• Worked closely with the marketing group to created instruction sheets for scopes, binoculars, red dot sights
• Managed all working projects to insure they stayed on track and the manufactures had all necessary
• Aided in establishing standardized work procedures.
• Created spread sheets of manufactures specification for all products.
• Worked with other team members on new sporting good accessories.
• Worked closely with suppliers and sales team to ensure that the product meets the needs of the consumer.
• Work in a fast paced environment while working on several projects at once.
Pentair Technical Products – Anoka, MN – March 2006 to August 2012
Anoka, MN 3/06 to 8/30/12
• Worked with Solid Works 2010 and Matrix software.
• Designed and detailed sheet metal enclosures using mild steel, aluminum and stainless steel.
• Designed Air Conditioning units for enclosures using mild steel, galvanized steel and stainless steel.
• Built several prototypes to create new product lines and to help improve production flow.
• Worked closely with suppliers and sales team to ensure the customer’s needs were met on custom orders.
• Worked with customer’s prints to create custom enclosures to their specifications.
• Worked closely with other Engineers on improvements and assisted with engineering on their assigned
• Worked on (PDP’s) Product Development Process and (PDM’s) Product Data Management.
• Processed documents such as Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) and Bills of Material (BOM’s).
• Implemented performance metrics for lean processes in the support of the overall business strategies and
• Assisted with developing and implementing current and future state value stream maps and continuous
improvement plans. Supported new process and product development and implementation.
Walgreen’s – November 2002 to June 2006
Started as a floor employee and received a promotion up to assistant manager.
Edina Technical Products – Plymouth, MN – May 1999 to September 2002
Edina Technical Products affiliate: Brainerd Technical Design, Brainerd MN
• Worked with AutoCAD 14 and AS3OOO software.
• Designed and detailed vending machines out of sheet metal, A.B.S. plastics and medium density fiber board
• Redesigned parts that achieved faster cycle times for production and lower costs in machine fabrication.
• Built several prototypes to produce new machine lines, resulting in higher quality machines and improved
production rates and assembly flow.
• Imported drawings from AutoCAD in to AS3OOO to create router programs under customer/manufacturer
specifications and downloaded data for machine codes on to router.
• Utilized inspection instruments to design or redesign vending machine piece parts.
• Processed documents such as Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) and Bills of Material.
Hennepin Technical College – Eden Prairie, MN
January 2015 to May 2015
Dunwoody College of Technology – Minneapolis, MN
September 2004 to June 2006
Mechanical Drafting Design Technology
Anoka-Hennepin Technical College – Anoka, MN
1997 to 1999
Solidworks (10+ years), Pro-Engineer (Less than 1 year), Microsoft Office (10+ years)
To contact this candidate email email@example.com