Houston, TX 77047
Application Support Specialist Nextgen Parking Houston, TX
January 2015 to June 2015
• Document requests for service & issue service dispatches
• Remote access customer systems using log me in to identify and diagnose problems in Scannet/EFMS
• Coordinate dispatch of technicians to meet service requirements
• Review service actions taken and service histories
• Approve service invoices generated by technicians
Application Support & Network Admin Associated Time Parking & Attendance
April 2014 to August 2014
• Monitor/install all functions around the network
• Responsible for alarm surveillance, event management and Tier 1 troubleshooting support.
• Assist field technicians in maintenance of software/equipment
• Trouble shoot software and hardware issues
• Provide application support for Amano McGann & Digital Payment Technology software for 120+ external clients
• Test applications, programming and enhancements so they can be successfully deployed and functioning in the new versions of software.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
• Managed merchant levels (1-4) according to Payment Card Industry security standards (PCI DSS) with focus on improving payment account security throughout the transaction process. Verified all servers are PNC compatible by the needs of the customer.
• Install POS (point of sale) software on computers and/or other devices. Update java scripts to interface with client websites. Support the device that are often combined with devices such as cash registers, barcode readers, printers, optical scanners and card readers.
Quality Assurance Specialist Land Works Inc Houston, TX
October 2013 to March 2014
• Document software defects, using a TTPro tracking system, and also report defects to software developers
• Monitor bug resolution efforts track successes
• Identify, analyze, and also document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content
• Document test procedures to make sure replicability compliance with standards
• Evaluate or recommend software for testing or bug tracking
• Create or maintain databases of known test defects
• Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
• Review software documentation to make sure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks
SLS Application/Operations Support Specialist Weatherford International Houston, TX
March 2010 to May 2013
• Debug software issues with the equipment, also provided 24hr software support to the muddloggers and data engineers
• Trained individuals on Annex software and the processes to update the shuttles and other equipment.
• Ensure all training computers are configured for our weekly trainings and make sure the training equipment is networked correctly.
• Maintain inventory of all equipment in the department using ERP software.
• Test/fix new and used equipment to make sure they are functional for upcoming jobs
• Configured shuttles (mini servers) using WITS and computers to particular specifications of the particular offshore and onshore jobs.
• Verified correct equipment/software was submitted to the techs for upcoming jobs and provide Quality assurance (QA) for each of those jobs. Track inventory on all the jobs in the region
• Created in depth manuals/S.O.P. (standard operation procedures) for software and equipment that was used on a daily basis.
• Review daily real-time operation logs to identify potential issues and proactively engage support personnel in diagnosis and resolution.
• Act as central point of contact for daily technical and operation issues with client
• Provide training to area managers and employees on how to operate our asset management software called WAM.
• Researched equipment that would give us the best possible data for each of the client’s needs.
• Manage daily resource allocation to ensure timely response and issue resolution.
• Worked with area managers to clarify what equipment and software needs to be transferred to what location to help complete jobs or to help the area save money.
• Evaluate, select and assign field instrumentation engineers for operational tasks
• Act as central point of contact for daily technical and operation issues with client, kept track of any calls in Remedy tracking system
• Act as after-hours escalation point for client issues
PC Deployment Technician CompuCom/Chevron Houston, TX
November 2008 to September 2009
• Received daily list for computers to be deployed for clients that upgraded their computers from a Gil 2(Windows XP) to a Gil 3(Windows Vista)
• Worked with client to define the files that were to be loaded to the user base’s computers.
• Staged and migrate the files from the users’ old machines to the new machines.
• Provided side-by-side training to individual users, walking them through the differences between the two operating systems and confirming the success of the migration.
• Provided migration support for the first 4days before transitioning the user to the helpdesk team for future support issue resolution.
Software Support Specialist Photon Factory Galveston, TX
February 2008 to July 2008
Client Software Support
• Operated a 3-dimensional software package that assists in the salvage of offshore oil rigs.
• Updated the 3D model in real time as pipe was cut or equipment removed.
• Captured underwater images and screenshots daily and posted these to the project website.
• Supported and streamed live video feed via satellite to lead managers onshore.
• Created a daily plan with screenshots for the project each morning.
• Provided computer and network support for over 30 clients.
Software Consultant GHG Corporation Webster, TX
February 2007 to January 2008
Application Support/Report Writer
• Received calls and emails from clients with inquiries about our time tracking software. I would then walked them through the process verbally or remote into their computer using bomgar.
• Helped with configuring of their website to fit their specific needs of that customer.
• Assisted customers with setup of leave
• Created custom reports in SQL server to load to customer’s sites.
• Created in depth manuals/S.O.P. (standard operation procedures) to provide a reference on daily operation of our software.
Information Systems Florida Institute of Technology
2015 to Present
Houston Community College
2014 to 2015
LaMarque High School
PC Anywhere, Active Directory, Active Sync, Fiberlink (GRA), Peregrine Ticketing Tracking System, SQL Server, Win SCP, WAM, WPTS, WITS, Annex Software, WellWizard, Open SAP/ERP (Inventory Management), Microsoft Sharepoint, MS Office 2013 and 2016, Windows 7, 8, 9, and 10, Petrolog, Mainlog, TTPro, Amano Mc Gann, Digital Payment Technology, PNC, SAP R/3ECC 6.0 Scannet, EFMS, Log Me In