Field Engineer, Fracturing & Stimulation
Houston, TX 77459 346.317.3890
PROJECT OPTIMIZATION ENGINEER & DATA SPECIALIST
Leverage Versatility and International Industry Experience to Optimize Results
Quick learner with robust problem-solving skills, strong technical foundation, and persevering work ethics. Industry
exposure signifies adaptability of evolving industry, team morals, and results-oriented attitude geared towards better
business results, and superior company reputation.
– Project Optimization Engineering – Pre-Project Planning (Well Placement)
– Post-Project Evaluation & Client Communication – Reservoir Characterization
– Project Operation Finances (AFE) & Tendering – Well Production Analysis
– Well Construction & Pumping Services – Data Modelling & Data Base Management
– Well Completions & Flow Simulations – Wellbore Geo-mechanics
– Drilling & Casing Centralization Programs – Field/Site Supervision & Crew Management
– Geosciences & Geo-statistics Interpretation – Formation Evaluation(Petro-physics)
– Hydraulics & Fluid Flow Efficiency – Software Expertise & Programming
BJ Services, Odessa, TX 2019 – 2020
Field Engineer, Fracturing & Stimulation, Odessa, TX
Managed well site/field operations supervising 10-15 crew members within crew resource management protocols and
critical completions operations with major clients in the Permian Basin and the Delaware Basin. Gained experience with
Unconventional well projects between 18K-22K ft MD and 10K to 12K ft of frac zone, as well as vertical wells.
• Worked on advanced completion methods using multiple types of diverters/flakes, proppants and treatment additives.
Analyzing pressure and making impromptu design adjustments to maximize fracture complexity and well production.
• Employed expertise in real time data monitoring and computer modeled downhole simulations, enabling educated
decisions for operational optimization decision making (Avoid Screen-outs, Breakouts or Equipment Failure).
• Liaised job parameters and technologies available to optimize operations with sales dept. and client.
• Performed successful jobs with average proppant of 18-20M lbs with 500K to 1M barrel of fluid-slick water per well.
HALLIBURTON Energy Services, Houston, TX 2018 – 2019
Optimization Specialist, Reservoir Navigation & Formation Evaluation.
Prepared reservoir models to simulate BHA configuration and M/LWD tool responses for optimized drilling BHA
configuration. Monitored real-time drilling data and communicated with drilling team (DD, Company Man, and Drilling
Engineer) to steer well based on 3D Reservoir models prepared from petro physical and seismic data.
• Communicated increased wellbore reservoir contact and added service value through post-well reports.
• Employed expertise in Reservoir 3D modelling, Geo-statistics, well planning (Landmark) and formation evaluation or
dip picking softwares, LWD tools (Resistivity, Sonic, Gamma, Neutron etc.), survey tools, telemetry tools and BHA or
bit vibrations dynamics specific for each project.
GEOLOG INTERNATIONAL & GEOLOG AMERICAS, Houston, TX / Milan, Italy 2017 – 2018
Data Engineer, Advance Services Specialist (Surface Logging & Drilling Optimization Services)
Interpreted RT drilling parameters (WOB, ROP, SPP, ECD, MSE, Active Flow, Pit volumes) and drilled gases to monitor
issues (kicks, losses, drilling break, hole cleaning) for efficient drilling; provided formation logs and maintained data base
servers; performed flow simulations (ECD, Torque & Drag, Surge & Swab) and monitored optimal flow conditions.
MANZOOR KHAN firstname.lastname@example.org
• Gained versatile drilling experience from geothermal projects in Germany, multi-pad oil and gas projects in India and
Turkey, horizontal drilling in Texas (Eagle Ford) and Oklahoma (SCOOP / STACK), deep injection wells in Permian.
• Established opportunities with clients under BDM by exploring business trend and requirements.
• Provided several advance drilling optimization and reservoir rock analysis solutions, tailored for client's requirements:
o Early kick, mud-loss detection and bit-burn analysis providing optimal drilling practices.
o Advanced gas chromatography of hydrocarbons, identifying target zones for maximum production.
o Borehole fractures and borehole stability, delivering reports on wellbore fractures and hole-cleaning conditions.
o TOC, pyrolysis, XRF, XRD for geochemistry evaluation, for geosteering and for reservoir characterization.
NATIONAL PETROLEUM SERVICES, Abu Dhabi, UAE 2015 – 2017
Field Engineer, Well Services (Cementing, Completion Tools, P&A and Coiled Tubing Services).
Managed 10 rigs as field Engineer, prepared job programs (simulated fluid pump rates, line pressure profiles, fluid
displacement efficiencies, casing centralization, pipe integrity analysis etc.), supervised pre-job requirements / jobs on
site, and monitored slurry quality in lab or rig site.
• Implemented VBA programmed sheets for service tickets to monitor revenue and equipment mobilization controls.
• Utilized cloud for enhanced QHSE protocol for equipment pressure testing and load certification procedures.
• Prepared technical tender documents (laboratory slurry designs and equipment specifications), service
pricing, and R&D for new contracts (ADMA, GASCO), and client communication or presentations.
• Executed various jobs such as cement plugs (balanced, side track and through coiled tubing), flexible liner, and
expandable cement jobs, fly or batch mix multi stage jobs, well intervention Jobs with retrievable packers and storm
valves for various operations, with 100% success rate.
• Bachelor of Science (BSc), Petroleum Engineering, Minor: Business and Economics, Colorado School of
Mines, Golden, CO, cum laude, dean's list and honor roll, GPA: 3.5
• Reservoir Geo-mechanics course, Stanford University
PROJECTS AND TRAININGS
• Engineering Projects:
o Designed unmanned asteroid drilling and exploration device to drill and collect mineral samples in zero gravity.
o Developed reserve estimation from decline curve analysis of production data and optimized enhanced oil recovery
plan for drilling and producing from field in Wyoming.
o Created and wrote workover procedure to replace gas lift to plunger system as production engineering consultant
o Field Session: Analyzed petroleum geology, unconventional reservoir, EOR methods (polymer, WAG, MWAG and
CO2 injection) and production logging concepts.
o Halliburton (Boot Camp): Trained on logging tool procedures and log interpretation basics.
• Teaching Assistant at Colorado School of Mines(2014-2015):
o Well Log Analysis and Formation Evaluation | Reservoir Rock Properties | Fluid Mechanics.
• Software Exposure:
o Cementing PVI cementing suite (@NPS): Cempro+, Centradesign, Cemlife, and Dr. De.
o Halliburton 3D modeling and reservoir navigation (Insight, RoXC, Stratasteer and Landmark).
o Formation Evaluation: Techlog and Dataview for log interpretation at CSM as TA.
o SGeMS (Performed several reservoir modelling simulations at CSM).
o Programming Languages: Won C++ Olympiad, Applied Visual Basic. Introductory Knowledge of Python.
o Drawing Softwares: Solid works exposure at university, prepare drawings/simulate conditions for design.
• Peer Mentor: Help freshmen transition into college; Mentor students and identify their learning styles, CSM.