1335 S. W. Rose, Des Moines, IA 50315
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Exceptional knowledge and skill in the areas of vibration analysis and ultrasonics, machinery and general mechanical fundamentals, condition monitoring technologies and program development, including oil analysis, thermography, motor current analysis, and their integration; and spectral, time waveform and phase analysis.
• 20 years’ experience on predictive maintenance teams
• 7 years as a millwright planner, 11 years’ experience in machine repair
• Skilled in RBMware and Ascent Vibration Programs
• CMRP designation since 2008
• Certified Level 3 vibration analyst
• Certified Level 1 in UE
• IR Level 1 Training
• Established numerous vibration programs, developed oil program using CSI 5100 oil analyzer
• Preformed PM Optimization
• Asset verification and walk down
• Trained craftsmen in laser alignment
• Presenter and instructor at NORIA Conferences
• Current member of Nebraska / Iowa SMRP chapter
April 2014 to Present
CBM Regional Analyst ALLIED, DES MOINES, IA
Returned to work as a regional analyst when the MEDCOM project was dropped. Provide vibration analysis and other technology services, support as needed and working as a thermography apprentice. Working with different customers coaching and mentoring their employees in the use of different technologies and techniques as needed for their current business and program needs. Preforming equipment assessments as needed for different customers.
April 2012-April 2014
Subject Matter Expert ALLIED RELIABILITY, DES MOINES, IA
Worked with customers to evaluate their maintenance programs and procedures and find ways to help improve their programs with the use of predictive maintenance technologies and improved PM procedures.
• Preformed Asset Verification; developed a comprehensive list of currently installed assets then cataloging their component and attribute data.
• Involved with Criticality Ranking process to identify the impact assets have on the overall operation of a facility and ranking them accordingly.
• Involved with developing the Enhanced Maintenance Plan for the facility as far as what technologies could be effectively applied to different assets to monitor appropriate failure modes within the facility based on criticality ranking and appropriate quartile coverage.
• Preformed PM Optimization; reviewed PM’s to determine if steps in the task addressed likely failure modes. Then determined if the tasks or the whole PM could be replaced with applied technologies when necessary rewriting them to make better use of the maintenance departments time.
• Preformed commissioning base line vibration testing and motor MCA testing.
• Attended Allied Reliability training classes; Developing Effective Work Procedures, The Art of Consulting, Soft Skills training
April 2000-April 2012
Lead Analyst IVC/ALLIED, DES MOINES, IA
Using vibration data, oil sampling data, electrical testing and IR testing, make recommendations for repairs and modifications for machines.
• Independently coordinate activities, schedule work, and prepare necessary reports.
• Accountable for the overall safety of the work environment for the crew, including ensuring compliance with Allied, Client, OSHA, and all other applicable standards.
• Perform and oversee specific projects and programs as assigned.
• Act as technical resource to the client and employees in the troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical equipment. Provide training of individuals as required.
• Communicate the Allied Reliability deliverables to the Client and to the employees under my direct supervision.
• Conduct Technology Awareness Sessions.
• Submit documented case studies for customer/employee use.
• Presenter at NORIA Lubrication Excellence Conference in 2006.
• Co-instructor at NORIA Workshop on Integrating Oil Analysis and Vibration Analysis in a Predictive Program 2007.
April 1999-April 2000
Field Service Technician HUPP ELECTRIC, CEDAR RAPIDS, IA
Field service work in vibration analysis, balancing, laser alignment and general millwright work.
• Worked independently, setting own schedule to ensure objectives were accomplished.
• Established vibration programs for customers to evaluate the performance of their equipment for predictive maintenance.
• Performed exception testing on large, re-built electric motors.
• Balanced small-to-medium fans.
• Performed laser alignment and trained internal employees to operate laser alignment systems.
• Changed-out motors and gear boxes as needed.
November 1988-April 1999
Machine Repairman BRIDGESTONE FIRESTONE, DES MOINES, IA
Machine repair, modification, and installation; millwright planner; member of the predictive maintenance team conducting vibration analysis, laser alignment and balancing.
• Set up and oversaw outside contractors to work on major machine rebuilds and improvements.
• Responsible for processing fund requests for equipment repair.
• Performed inspection and acceptance testing on repairs made outside the plant.
• Maintained spare parts inventory for area of responsibility, ordered parts and worked with vendors to develop quotes for purchasing department.
Various Positions AMERICAN FRIEGHT SYSTEMS; HYPERFORMANCE;
OPERATING ENGINEERS LOCAL 234, DES MOINES, IA
Various duties including rebuilding motors, general machine work, general office work; (payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable management). Operated and maintained heavy equipment. Worked as crane operator, oiler, and rigger; operated various types of heavy equipment; drove dump trucks, truck cranes, and tractor-trailers.
Level 1 Thermography
Arc Flash Training
Developing Effective Work Procedures
DES MOINES AREA COMMUNITY COLLEGE:
Basic Electricity, Motor Control 1, Basic Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Machine Shop 1 (Lathe Operation)
COMPUTATIONAL SYSTEMS INCORPORATED:
Vibration Analysis 1, Intermediate Vibration Analysis, Basic Mastertrend, Mastertrend Database Management, 2120 Machinery Analyzer, Ultraspec Alignment, Balancing Theory and Application, Electric Motor Diagnostic
Vibration Analysis 3
Vibration Analysis 1, Vibration Analysis 2
LOCAL 234 OPERATING ENGINEERS
4 Year Apprenticeship–Operation and Repair of Heavy Equipment