MATTHEW J. HOLLOMAN
369 Fox Ridge Lane
Moncks Corner, SC 29461
A Production and Quality professional with over 12 years of solid experience in both the automotive and general industrial markets, offering both technical innovation and progressive management experience, while utilizing 5S, Kaizen and Kanban improvement tools.
Terex AWP – Rock Hill, SC 2011 – Present
Plans and assigns work, ensure a safe workplace for all team members, implements and enforces policies / procedures, recommends, and implements improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions to assure optimal use of available capacity.
• Increased production on 2nd shift by 25% without increasing manpower
• Decreased accidents, near misses and OSHA recordable on 2nd shift by 50%
• 50% influx in the number of team members crossed trained per department in 2011-2014
• Implemented daily turnover reports to resolve conflict resolution and achieve harmony between 1st and 2nd shifts
• Improved FPY and Direct Run in Paint Department by 20%
• Reduced incidental overtime by 20% on 2nd shift
Force Protection Industries – Ladson, SC 2007 – 2010
Provided quality and safety monitoring of all welders and painters assigned to production area, inspected the quality of all assigned work orders. Insured that all welding procedures were being followed and that all parts were being installed using engineering’s updated blueprint diagrams. Responsible for employee’s disciplinary actions involving attendance and conduct related issues. Reviewed waste reduction procedures to control risks of accident or injuries, insured proper use of all required PPE.
• Facilitated the department’s daily production objectives
• Improved communication barriers between key influencers involved in the manufacturing process
• 10% increase in production standards by identifying proper utilization of resources. ( i.e. personnel, equipment, & time management) monitored attendance and administered disciplinary actions
• Decreased incidental overtime through continuous team building and positive coaching
• Led monthly Quality Assurance meetings with all departments. Set and reviewed monthly key performance issues for quality improvement across the company
Peterbilt Motor Company – Nashville, TN 2004 – 2007
Assigned job duties and supervised teams of associates within the paint department. Verified colors with standard color panels, Inspected the quality of work prior to entering the final stages of the paint process, recommended continuous improvement measures to decrease defects while sustaining quality and safety standards.
• Eliminated driving cost by implementing a grid that showed specific areas of paint defects: which decreased repair time by 15%, reduced supply cost for repairs by 10%, and decreased labor cost in the touch-up unit by 25%
• Used robotic and manual paint processes to continuously improve quality and eliminate defects
• Improved paint quality by: using alcohol wipes on units to be painted, encouraged the use of visual aids on “How to properly use Tack Rags”, and reiterated the importance of wearing proper garments in restricted areas.
• Assembled and installed cross members to frame, moreover welded tailgates to frame using FCAW process
• Installed air and fuel tank brackets, operated over head cranes to position frames, forklift operator
• Operated and programmed Fanuc Robotics Paint System
• Worked in a Lean Manufacturing environment, ISO9000 certified facility
• Kaizen approach practiced for productivity improvement
Southeastern Express – Florence, SC 2000-2004
Quality Assurance Manager
Responsible for assuring the quality of Honda’s All-Terrain Vehicle parts, required associates to inspect all parts being shipped and received prior to assembly to guarantee a defective-free product.
• Trained all quality personnel on TQM, forklift and crane safety, how to use various measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers and steel rules
• Implemented a quality assurance program to educated team members on “how to offer defective-free products”; as a result, shipping cost was reduced by 50%
• Developed monthly supplier audits: This decreased defective parts by supplier, and increased our company’s productivity targets
Roses Department Store – Orangeburg, SC 1995-1999
District Loss Prevention Manager
• Planned, instructed, and streamlined compliance with company policy. Implemented new procedures and processes to better manage internal surveillance equipment, criminal activities related to theft, and shrinkage control
• Increased internal/external apprehensions and product recovery which decreased shrinkage to 1%
• Developed preventive measures to reduce worker’s compensation liabilities
• Scheduled and coordinated monthly management/employee safety prevention courses
• Selected, trained, and supervised other loss prevention managers within the district
• Conducted all internal investigations for Roses Department Stores
South Carolina State University – Orangeburg, SC
B.S. in Criminal Justice – 1990
• Flux- Cored Arc Welder, Metal Inert Gas and Shielded Metal Arc Welder
• Oxygen/Acetylene cutting and burning techniques, Arc Air-Carbon Arc-gouging techniques Oxygen/Acetylene track torch, cutting, burning and grinding techniques.
• Working knowledge and ability to use a wide range of precision measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers, gage blocks, bore scopes, torque wrenches, etc.) perform filing, trimming, drilling, reaming, bolting, cementing, clamping, hole inspection, fastener installation, wiring installation, basic blueprint reading, work from installation plans(IPs)
MILITARY TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
Certificate of Completion, – Air Base Ground Defense School- San Antonio, TX
Certificate of Completion, – Security Police Academy-Lackland Air Force Base, TX
To contact this candidate email Matthewholloman55@gmail.com