MATTHEW L. MATTESON
19683 Auburn Circle NW
Elk River, MN 55330
Operations/Maintenance/Technical Manager with extensive experience in the planning, installation and maintenance of plant equipment. Provided high level training for operators and maintenance personnel. Consistently delivered product on-time according to production schedules. Produced outstanding results regarding equipment up-time. Extensively experienced with personalization equipment, software and labor/parts/supplies cost reduction. Produced lean labor, production and maintenance schedules. Outstanding leadership and team building ability. Very proactive foresight of potential production and safety issues, creating and implementing solutions.
HIGHLIGHTS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
– Managed the installation and operations of a direct mail plant producing 2 million pieces/week within 3 months.
– Created all maintenance procedures, production and QC processes, personnel scheduling and parts ordering.
– Hired, trained and scheduled operators and maintenance technicians.
– Performed installs, maintenance and comprehensive training of:
> Ricoh and Océ continuous form laser printers, plus pre/post equipment.
> Kodak Digimaster and Canon iPR C7010VP printers.
> MBO folders with gluers, B & H and CMC inserters, MCS Inkjet systems with tabbers.
– Proficient with image/data programming software from GMC, Printsoft, Adobe and other manufacturers.
– Managed the production of 35 Digital Printers and 24 employees.
– Decreased production errors to near zero percent through implementation of QC strategies I introduced.
– Implemented cutting edge technologies that decreased personnel and increased production capacity 30%.
– Results-oriented. Safety-oriented. Quality control conscience.
– Over 97% up-time of production systems including routine cleaning and maintenance.
REDSTONE PRINT AND MAIL, INC.
Operations Manager West Sacramento, CA 11/2015 to 02/2017
– Managed and/or performed the installation, operations and maintenance of plant equipment, including numerous
digital black/white and color printers, MBO continuous folders, CMC and B & H inserters and MCS inkjet systems.
– Created the maintenance schedules, labor schedules and twice daily imaging schedules
– Set up parts and consumables inventory systems and minimal stocking levels.
– Hired and trained personnel for operating or maintaining the production equipment.
– Created QC procedures resulting in near zero error rates in the personalization department.
– Defined and implemented image file creation standards allowing all printers to rip print files at rated speed.
CAPITAL MAILING SERVICES, INC.
Digital Production Manager West Sacramento, CA 01/2013 to 10/2015
– Managed 24 B&W production cut-sheet printers, 9 color production laser printers, 2 HP Indigo printers and 24
employees across 3 shifts.
– Restructured operator and CSR tasks reducing late mailings from 30% to under 5% in 6 months.
– Introduced Kodak Digimaster and IBM Infoprint 4000 ID5/6 laser printers into production allowing for more diverse
print substrates and drastically increasing daily output.
– Managed the restructuring of all IT Infrastructure from VM Ware to redundant standalone systems with offsite backup to maximize IT infrastructure up-time, reliability and drastically reduce IT outsourcing costs.
– Performed maintenance and trained personnel on all digital production equipment.
*The minority owner of CMS started Redstone 5 months prior to CMS’s closure; 4/5/2016.
SUMMIT BOOK AND PRINT
Owner Elk River, MN 04/2011 TO 06/2012
– Managed all aspects of Perfect Bound book production.
– Specify, source and acquire plant equipment within a small budget.
– Maintained, train and operate: Kodak Printers, Konica Minolta C6500 color printer, Perfect. Binder, Paper Cutter, Print-Servers, Laminator and UV Coating.
– Precise Quality Control in: formatting book text, book covers, image and process quality control and final
BETHANY PRESS INTERNATIONAL
Bookmaker/Technician Bloomington, MN 10/2009 to 10/2010
– Performed all processes of Digital Book Making.
– Maintained Kodak Digimaster printer, Polar paper cutter, Horizon perfect-binder.
– Provided technical support and information to management.
GENESIS LASER SYSTEMS, INC.
Owner Elk River,MN 11/2002 to 09/2009
– Managed large accounts in sales and service including contract negotiation.
– Perform maintenance on Océ , Infoprint Systems(IBM), Nipson Continuous Form, and Kodak Digimaster Cut
– Refurbished printers and other equipment for resale and re-installation.
– Provided On-site installation and maintenance/operator training of customer personnel.
– Sold equipment and trained customers internationally.
– Established high quality standards while minimizing costs.
VARILEASE TECHNOLOGY GROUP
Sales/Service Manager Minneapolis, MN 3/1999 TO 9/2002
– Sold triple quota in my second year, awarded trip to Disney World for outstanding performance.
– Managed 6 service technicians.
– Negotiated and Closed a $2,000,000 per year service contract.
* Out of business in 2002.
– Recent on the job experience with Matsuura Vertical CNC Mills including modifying G-code and D/T parameters.
– Very proficient in Microsoft products.
– Desktop administration and troubleshooting including networking.
– Network and machine connectivity including wireless, SCSI, RS232 and Ethernet.
– Modest programming experience.
– Strong mechanical and electronic diagnostic skills.
– Quickly self trained on all of the equipment I maintained.
Mathematics, currently enrolled, on-line
Western Governor’s University, Salt Lake City, Utah
Applied Statistics, Psychology – 2+ years, no degree
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
To contact this candidate email email@example.com