MICHAEL J. HIEBEL
16860 Creek Ridge Trail • Minnetonka, Minnesota 55345
(612) 306-1110 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Management Executive with Strong Program, Engineering, and Operations Experience
Management executive with successful track record of product innovation, meeting cost and
schedule targets, and managing large technical teams and organizations. Deep background in
Engineering Management and Operations. Skilled in developing product line strategies, identifying
new product concepts to meet customer needs, and generating winning proposals. Engineering and
MBA degrees, PMP certification, Top Secret clearance, hold Patent #6,720,567.
P&L • Customer Relationships • Strategic Planning • Risk Management • International Business
Team Leadership • Staff Development • Cost Reduction • Sales Growth
ORBITAL ATK, Plymouth, Minnesota • 2002-Present
Fortune 500 company focused on design and manufacture of defense and aerospace products.
Senior Director, Program Management (2015-Present)
Program Director (2009-2015)
Senior Program Manager (2007-2009)
Direct complex product development programs for Department of Defense customers. Manage and
grow customer relationships. Mentor project and program managers.
• Full P&L responsibility on contracts ranging from $2M-$50M.
• Surpass top line revenue goals by 5-10% annually.
• Developed product line strategy for new market, strategy generating contract wins.
• Managed remote development and production teams, improving performance to meet
• Led successful development of rocket boosted artillery rounds and guided sniper bullets.
• Developed best practices in program management.
Market Segment Director (2005-2007)
Managed $16M market segment and six program managers.
• Exceeded financial goals, generating 10% greater revenue and higher profits.
• Developed strategies to capture new business and establish customer pricing.
• Turned around troubled program, meeting customer requirements within budget.
• Managed international product development team.
Operations and Engineering Director (2003-2005)
Led seven departments, managing staff of 140 and cost center budgets of $35M.
Engineering Manager (2002-2003)
Directed engineering activities and staff of 16 supporting a $7M electro-mechanical product line.
MICHAEL J. HIEBEL • Page 2 • email@example.com
LASERDYNE PRIMA, INC., Maple Grove, Minnesota • 1991-2002
International company focused on design and manufacture of CNC laser machine tools and
engineered-to-order capital equipment for factory automation.
Engineering Manager (2001-2002)
Directed engineering and service personnel staff of 42 in a $50M division. Ensured products
complied with NEC, UL, and CE standards.
• Led technical due diligence in acquisition of company by an international firm.
• Cut product cost 20%, exceeding cost reduction needed for profitability.
• Protected intellectual property through patents and IP portfolio management.
Electrical Engineering Manager (1997-2000)
Project Manager (1995-1997)
Lead Project Engineer (1992-1995)
Manufacturing Engineer (1991-1992)
KURT MANUFACTURING CO, Minneapolis, Minnesota • 1983-1991
Privately held manufacturing company. Designed control systems and automated gaging systems.
President, Twin Cities Youth Rowing Club • 2012-2015
Managed a $500k youth sports business. Led the Board of Directors. Supervised paid staff.
• Increased club membership and top line revenue by adding junior high programs.
• Restructured coaching staff to improve accountability and communications.
• Developed and deployed digital strategy to expand on-line presence and social media reach.
• Implemented policies and procedures for improved business operations and athlete safety.
Master of Business Administration, with Honors (#1 in Class)
Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
Institute of Technology, University of Minnesota
Project Management Professional
Project Management Institute, PMP Certification #1654494