Name: Michael Sparks Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 740 772-5976 Location: US-OH-Chillicothe-45601 (US Citizen)
Total years experience: 25 Years Job Categories: Engineering (25 Years experience)
University of Dayton Major:
Chemical Engineering Degree:
Bachelor’s Degree Graduation Date:
Additional Skills And Qualifications
Recent Job Title: Recent Wage: 98,000 USD per year
Managed Others: No Languages Spoken: English
Security Clearance: No
Desired Wage: 80.00 USD per hour Desired Employment Type: Contractor
Desired Travel: Road Warrior Desired Commute:
Desired Relocation: US (Citizen)
My interests lie in DCS systems work including system design,
configuration, upgrades and improvements, start up and maintenance.
2003 – Present MDSparks Process Control LLC Chillicothe, OH
* DuPont – Configured, installed and started up 5 ABB Process Portal
B HMI systems.
* East Kentucky Power Cooperative – Performed HMI Systems upgrade
project at Cooper Station plant.
* Ameren Energy Generating – Consultant and team leader of
Ameren employees in developing a corporate alarm system
and management policy.
* Performed alarm system redesign for Ameren’s Meredosia Station
* Assisted Ameren’s Newton and Coffeen Station employees in
implementing the new alarm management policy.
1985 – 2003 Bailey Controls (ABB Automation) Wickliffe, OH
Senior Systems/Field Engineer
* DCS system design, configuration, and start up. Specializing in
power generation and polymerization processes.
* Assigned to assist project teams on troublesome projects to get
project back on track.
* Assist customers with project development .
* Develop console graphics, database, navigation and alarm
* Coordinate and perform system checkout and loop checks.
1984 – 1985 Mead Paper Co. Chillicothe, OH
Senior Technical Services Engineer
* Recovery and power boiler performance improvement via testing,
inspection, and installation of new equipment to improve boiler
* Work with operators to identify performance problems and resolve
1980 – 1984 Babcock & Wilcox Co. Barberton, OH
Field Service Engineer
* Start up, inspection, and performance testing of boilers, with
specialty in recovery and power boilers.
* Designed and built 5 real time process simulators for DuPont’s Mylar
Continuous Polymerization process using C language and Bailey DCS
Function blocks. Used by customer to train operators, test control
logic, improve product quality and reduce down time.
* Designed and built real time process simulator for DuPont’s new
Warner-Pfleighter Twin Screw Extruder using C language and Bailey
DCS Function blocks. Used by customer to train operators and test
* Designed and built a custom foreign device interface to interface a
Bailey MFP03 with Kaye Systems Netpac thermocouple data logger.
Saved DuPont approximately $250K and reduced system transition form
Kaye to Bailey from 3 years to 5 months. Interface code was written
in C language and loaded into MFP03.
* Designed and wrote code for several engineering tools software used
to aid in development and management of console databases.
* Designed and wrote engineering tools software used by customers to
aid in managing Conductor NT console configuration.
* Designed and wrote engineering tools software to aid engineers with
managing Composer projects.
* Wrote a Visual Basic program used by customers to improve the
audible alarm capabilities of Conductor NT consoles.
* Starting in 1999 to present job duties have been refocused by
employer as field specialist dedicated to advising and assisting
project management in getting troublesome projects back on track.
Success rate is 100% with very satisfied customers to date.
* Specializing in following ABB (Bailey) Hardware, MFC0X, MFP0X, BRC,
HAC, Conductor NT, Proces Portal B, MCS, MCS+, OIS20, OIS25, OIS4X,
FDI, Remote I/O, Sequence Of Events, and Infinet Communications.
* Specializing in following Bailey Software, Composer, CADEWS, SLDG,
CUP, WinTools, Engineering Tools, with experience in BATCH 90, SPC,
and Expert 90.
* Building and managing PC (Windows) networks.
* Experienced C programmer.
* Visual Basic programming.
* Visual C++ programming.
* Visual Foxpro programming.
* dBase programming.
* MS Office.
* Instrument Society of America (ISA)
* Attended and completed all Bailey training classes to date.
* Attended and completed GE Turbine performance Class.
* Completed Bailey Controls’ Advanced Serial Communications course.
* Completed NRI Correspondence course in computer programming.
* Attended and completed Advanced Control Algorithm Seminar presented
by Bailey Controls.
* Completed MCSE Core Technologies course.
* Nominated by DuPont for “Engineering Excellence” Award, an award
usually reserved for DuPont Engineers corporate wide.
* Elsag Bailey “Outstanding Achievement Award”.
* Inaugural member of Bailey Controls “Customer Satisfaction Club”,
reserved for top 10% of Field personnel receiving accolades from
* Bailey Controls “Wall of Fame Award”, received by those field
personnel receiving outstanding customer recognition.
* ABB Quality Award for outstanding performance in project teamwork
and customer satisfaction.
1975 – 1980 University of Dayton Dayton, OH
Degree: BS Chemical Engineering
* 3.3 GPA
* Member Tau Alpha Pi Engineering Honor Society