2506 Knollbrook Ln. – Spring, Texas 77373
OBJECTIVE To expand career within the Energy Industry using 25 years of expertise in Management, Welding, Inspection, Auditing and Fabrication.
SUMMARY WELDING, FABRICATION, INSPECTION & MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
• Hands-On experience in various welding processes, NDT and procedures for the fabrications of vessels, towers, heat exchangers, piping, skids, subsea equipment, drilling systems, BOP’s, and accessory components.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, SAP and Word.
• Review and write specifications, ITP’s, FAT’s and QC Plans for fabrication acceptance criteria in compliance with API, ASME and AWS codes.
• Monitor & Record welding parameters to qualify the WPS & establish PQR.
• Evaluate welding discontinuities to resolve problems creating them.
• Monitor and maintain adherence to tolerances and quality control standards.
• Review work orders to coordinate with the shop in production scheduling.
• Deformation Shaping, Machining, Heat-Treating, Coating & Assembly expertise.
• Administer safety, welding, fabricating and NDT level I & II training in MT & PT.
• Valid Passport & TWIC Card for International Assignments.
• Generate NCR’s, procedures, inspection reports, spreadsheets, project tracking charts, corrective/preventative action plans, and NDT procedures.
• Interface & conduct meetings with clients and vendors.
• Surveillance & lead auditor expertise.
• Reactive Metals experience: Titanium, Zirconium, Tantalum.
• Super Alloys experience: Hastelloy, Duplex and Super Duplex Stainless.
CERTIFICATION AWS-CWI # 04060591 Expires 2016
ASNT ACCP VT level II # 140263 Expires 2016
AWS-Radiographic Interpreter # 0604002N Expires 2018
ASNT NDT Level III MT & PT # 140263 Expires 2017
API Source Inspector # 54596 Expires 2017
EDUCATION North Harris College Houston, TX
Inspection Technology Certificate.
American Society for Non-Destructive Testing (Certificates of Completion)
• SNT-TC-1A for Level II Ultrasonic Testing (Intermediate and Advanced)
• SNT-TC-1A for Level II Liquid Penetrant and Magnetic Particle Testing
American Welding Society (Continuing Education)
• Testing & Inspection Systems, Quality Control Standards, Establishing a Weld Procedure. ISO 9000, AWS, ASME, API, ASTM, ASM, ANSI.
• Fracture Mechanics, Terms & Weld Symbols.
• Metallurgy for the Non-Metallurgist (Cy-Fair College)
• Pipeline Construction, Inspection & Testing
American Welding society
• “Certified Welding Inspector of the Year” 2006
• “District 18 Scholarship” 2005
American Welding Society Board of Directors
Membership/Sponsorship Committee Vice Chair 2006-2007
Cameron Lead Auditor/ Level II
Cameron Six Sigma Greenbelt Level III
SAP 4.6 Navigation Course
Extensive Safety Training
ISO 9001 & API Q1 Overview
DNV-Veritas Qualification Scheme Class
Drilling Inspection Industry Services Houston, TX 01/14-12/15
Resident inspector at GE O & G on behalf of Transocean
Witness inspection and testing, manufacturing of Oil
& Gas subsea/drilling related equipment. Generate inspection reports.
Review MRB’s. Liaison between Transocean and GE regarding
quality processes and controls.
DNV Katy, TX
Surveyor, Lead Auditor 07/08-12/13
Audit and survey various service suppliers and survey of
welding, mechanical, NDT, heat treating, FAT’s, hydrostatic
testing and machining operations of Oil & Gas related equipment.
Quality Technician, Lead Auditor Houston, TX
Coordinate inspection activities with clients/vendors 10/05-07/08
domestically & internationally within the Drilling Systems
division for deep water riser systems. Ensure adherence
to customer specifications during all manufacturing
& inspection processes from ingots to the drilling platform.
Projects include “BP TH II”, “Stena-Drill Max 1”and“West
E- Drill” to name a few. QA functions, surveillance, train Cameron
sub-contractors & source inspectors in proper fabrication techniques and
proper interpretation of Cameron specifications. Conduct vendor and
internal audits to ensure ISO 9001 & API Q1compliance. Conduct
level II NDT training.
Materials Consulting Services Inc. Houston, TX
Sr. Q.A. Specialist 07-05-10/05
Ensured compliance of testing, inspections, manufacturing operations,
qualification of WPS, establish PQR’s, qualify material for Exxon/Mobil,
Willbros for retrofit of offshore platforms. Witnessed all NDE,
Welding, Fabrication, Material verification, Heat Treat,
CTOD’s, & HAZ’s. Reviewed documentation, generated project
Tracking tools, NCR’s and other QA functions.
MTB Quality Consultants Baytown, TX
QC Representative (Cameron) 10/04 – 07/05
Witness Inspecting, Testing and Manufacturing operations
on Cameron/BP/Thunder Horse from initial stages to final shipment
of Drilling Riser Assembly (AUT, UT, MT, RT, PT, VT)
welding, fabricating, coating, forging, machining, heat treating,
hydrostatic testing and report writing) to ensure compliance
with API, ASTM and Customer Specifications.
BUTCHER’S WELDING & FABRICATING SERVICE Houston, TX
Inspector/Welder/Fitter 7/03 -10/04
Perform N.D.E, Weld, and Fabricate, on various ASME
Code vessels, process piping, filters, skids, scrubbers. Carbon,
stainless steel vessels ranging from: 0.5” to 12’ diameter.
Implemented several fabrication techniques for the reduction of
manufacturing cost by optimizing the process and ensuring continual
improvement in quality.
Customers: Chevron, Cameron, Universal Compression.
PHOENIX METALLURGICAL Houston, TX
Pipe/Vessel Fitter / Night Foreman 1997 – 2000 & 2003
Fabricated & supervised 8’×10’×135′ long zirconium tray tower
for B.P. Manufactured heat exchangers, high pressure piping
from titanium, zirconium, super duplex stainless, as well as many
other special metals. Train new employees for similar activities.
Chemical Plant experience: Shutdown work in Rohm & Hauss
Sterling Chemical Repair & Replace exotic metal piping. NDE.
TEXAS SYSTEM & CONTROLS Tomball, TX
Welding / Production Team Leader 2002 – 2003
Coordinated shop, assign task, monitored production & quality
of work on pressure vessels & skid packaging units.
Supervised 8 fabrication personnel and instructed resolution
of problems. Interview and performance evaluation of employees.
INDUSTRIAL ALLOY FABRICATION Houston, TX
Duties included supervision of 6 welders, production, quality
control, order supplies and equipment, interface with customers,
for fabrication of alloyed internal components for pressure vessels
and tray towers. Train and evaluate employees.
SOILMEC BRANHAN Conroe, TX
Structural Fitter / Welder 2000 -2001
Fit and weld all structural components on new construction of oil
derricks and other supporting structures for the oil & gas industry.
Trial assembly of all components fabricated. Advise engineering
in modification of design for continual improvement of structures.
SRS PRODUCTS Tomball, TX
Pipe / Vessel Fitter 1996 – 1997
Fabricated tray towers up to 100′ long. Assembled skids, valves,
instrumentation, piping, in accordance with ASME & AWS codes.
This includes lay-out, burning, fit-up and hydrostatic testing. Train
employees with time saving techniques to reduce fabrication cost.
GENERAL WELDING Houston, TX
Assistant Foreman – Pipe/ Vessel Fitter 1991 – 1996
Supervise 20 employees. Fabricated large tray towers (20’ O.D.
300’ in length) from initial stages to final shipment. Materials were
carbon, stainless steels, nickel based alloys and clad. Ensured quality
products were shipped on promised delivery dates in compliance
with ASME and API codes. Tracked project status, issued consumables,
operated welding, fabricating, machining and heavy lifting equipment.
MUNDY Houston, TX
Pipe / Vessel Fitter Trainee 1990 – 1991
On the job training. Worked with various craftsmen in
vessel/pipe shop. Performed various welding and cutting
operations. Aggressively sought to learn many processes.