Mike Shijie Wang
18703 Pelham Grove Ln.
Richmond, TX 77407
Ph.D. Department of Precision Instrument
Tianjin University, Tianjin, PRC, 1996 Studied Precision Measurement Technology
M.S. Department of Electrical Engineering and Automation
Tianjin University, Tianjin, PRC, 1987, Studied Self-tuning PID controller
B.S., Department of Electrical Engineering and Automation
Tianjin University, Tianjin, PRC, 1984, Studied Industrial Automation Instruments including, sensors, control valves, and controllers.
Certificate of Achievement in Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from Villanova University
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification by ASQ
Certified Ovation DCS configuration by Emerson.
Knowledge and Skill:
Knowledge and Skill:
DCS, PLC, Profibus, Foundation Field Bus, Device Net, Remote IO, MODBUS, DNP 3, OPC, SCADA, Fiber, ELC, HMI, KVM, HART
Emerson Power and Water Solution, Houston, TX Apr. 2015 – Dec. 2019
Senior Field Engineer
• Attended extensive Ovation DCS training including DCS network architecture, Graphic builder, Control Sheet builder, Machine Health Monitor, Digital Excitation Controller.
• Upgraded Ovation DCS, Installed Windows Operating System, Ovation DCS, Loaded DCS network switches, wired DCS cabinets, tested redundant DCS control system including local and remote IO, Installed and tested DCS system on customer sites including Profibus DP and Foundation Field bus commissioning.
• Created IO graphic using DCS database backup file. Digital, Analog Thermocouple and RTD FAT Test.
• IO card selection and DCS Cabinet Design according to IO list.
• Installed Windows and Windows Server for DCS Domain Controller, Operator Station, Historian, etc
• Using IO connection drawing to create Digital and Analog signal tables. Using DBID tools checking duplicate name and PVR (Point Verification), convert to DCS database IO input file.
• Configured DCS for Annunciator, Air Compressor control, Ball Mill lubrication automatic control, RLC and ELC for data link using Modbus Protocol.
• Configured DCS controller to communicate with Weidmueller Modbus Coupler UR20-FBC-MOD-TCP-V2.
• Cyber Security Assets walked down for Duke Energy.
• PacifiCorp Cyber Security System installation: Imported OVF templates to create Cyber Security Server modules using VMware vSphere Client; Installed and Configured Tripwire, Solarwind, Nexpose, SBR and McAfee.
• Walked on DCS project proposals. Digested customer requirement. Retrofitted PLC to DCS workstations and controllers and I/O layout for Chillers, BMS, Gas Compressor, Gas Yard, Water Treatement, etc. Built Bill of Materials (BOM) and estimated price. After management approval of the BOM, generated offers and reviewed offers with sales. Submitted offers to customers.
WBS, Houston, TX June 2013 – Jan. 2015
Instrumentation and Automation Engineer
• Coordinate and check engineering deliverables from third party engineering companies including Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC hardware, HMI, Motor Drives.
• Work with local engineering firm, the Vendor and construction firms to manage all aspects of programming design and installation, schedules, quality assurance, safety, and cost control and startup.
• Work with local SH&E government bodies to comply with applicable local laws and requirements.
• Provide updates to the project director regarding electricity distribution, control panel layout, lighting and emergency light, fire alarm and sprinklers system, instrumentation and automation projects.
• Participate in vendor meetings. Assist with plant wide activities.
Micron, Manassas, VA May 2006 – Aug. 2013
Process Control Engineer
• Worked with process engineers, equipment engineers and facility engineers to determine projects and control requirements. Took part in E3 batch processing fault detection process control project, in Siemens PLC continuous processing control projects for facility chemical supply pressure, temperature, tank level, etc.
• Developed user requirement specification for the systems using company document template.
• Created the process control overview for projects.
• Estimated the process control cost and schedule for projects.
• Developed functional requirement specification for control systems.
• Determined the type of process control equipment and configuration to be used. Took part in vendor products evaluation in batch processing fault detection process control project. Choose AMAT E3 running on UNIX server, using function lock for control strategies configuration and using HSMS communication protocol to collect batch manufacturing equipment data.
• Created detailed requirement specifications.
• Developed control software using Siemens SIMATIC Step 7 (ladder logic, statement list and functional block) and operator graphics using WinCC explore to create a communication Channel to the automation system, to configure the Process Screens, to define Runtime Properties, to archive and display values, to output values from the process archive, to configure Alarm messages and to send command to process control systems.
• Configured Tag simulation software to checkout graphics and complete the manufacturing acceptance test.
• Documented implementation and startup plan for the control strategy and specific hardware.
• Worked with process and facility teams to complete control loop checks.
• Provided process control system coverage during startup and manufacturing.
SiAutomation, Richmond, VA April 2005 – April 2006
• Worked at customer site to configure first kind of process control strategies in Maestria system.
• Performed Maestria system software upgrades.
• Conducted customer training.
SMIC, Shanghai and Tianjin, China Jan. 2002 – April 2005
• Built an excellent total customer satisfaction automation team for fab7. Deployed 220 equipment interfaces and kept the auto rate to 98%.
• Attended production meeting representing IT. Followed up IT related production issues promptly with root cause analysis and preventive action plans.
• Performed MCS integration tests for AMHS (automatic material handling system) with Brooks Automation team.
• Supported Allen Bradley Logix5000 PLC control system for facility chemical supply pressure, temperature and flow control.
• Configured HMI using FactoryTalk.
STMicroelectronics, Inc., Ottawa, Canada Oct. 2000 – Dec. 2001
• Developed and deployed equipment automation interfaces using Brooks Automation's GraphEQ and Cellworks.
• Supported Delta V DCS control system using Delta V Explore and Control Studio for facility chemical supply pressure, temperature and flow control using foundation field bus communication. Performed system trouble shooting, upgrade and configuration.
• Supported plant automation system 7X24.
Motorola, Tianjin, China/Phoenix and Austin, USA Sep. 1996 – Aug. 2000
Senior CIM Engineer
• Programmed Equipment Interface to select/download recipes according to MES.
• Manufacturing automation system support.
• Experienced in documentation for user requirement, code, testing reports.
Tianjin Alkali Plant, Tianjin, China July 1987 – Aug. 1993
Instrumentation and Process Control Engineer
• Programmed Siemens PLC for coal conveyor belt transportation systems. Developed user requirement with process engineers. Developed functional requirement specification for the system. Selected PLC CUP model, I/O models. Created detailed requirement specifications. Configured PLC using ladder logic and statement list. Developed system acceptance test procedures. Installed PLC onsite and connected wires for I/O ports. Performed integration test with relay driver system of AC motors of the conveyor belts.
• Worked with EPC firm to upgrade process control systems from digital controllers to ABB DCS for Heat Exchanger, Tank Level, Reactor, Blender Tank, etc. Provided control system requirement to EPC firm. Took part in factory acceptance test and commissioning. Conducted operator training and tuned control loops.
• Provided daily support for process instruments, safety instrumented systems, process control systems to avoid or minimize production downtime.
• Performed preventive maintenance for Control Valve (ball, globe, butterfly and plug), Flow meters (Differential Pressure, Vortex, Electromagnetic, Ultrasonic, Coriolis Mass meters, etc.), Level meters (Guided Wave Radar, No-contacting Radar, Ultrasonic, Pressure Transmitters, etc.) and Temperature (RTD and TC).