This resume has been forwarded to you at the request of Monster User xnerx03
pulled, emailed l3 me
mita patel Last updated: 08/26/15
Job Title: no specified
Company: no specified
Rating: no specified
Screening score: no specified
Status: no specified
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Contact Preference: Telephone
Quick View Links:
Resume Headline: Mita_Patel_ME_2015 Resume Value: hvb9ugw5me5ybnuy
1100 Parsippany Blvd # 107
Parsippany NJ 07054
(973).335.3841 (H) (973).931.3707 (C)
Objective: To obtain a challenging position as a Mechanical Design Engineer where I can contribute as individual design engineer as well as team member.
Sea Tel, Cobham located in Concord, CA
Title: Mechanical Design Engineer (Contract) Working Duration: June 14 – Present
• Designed piece parts and assemblies to ASME Y 14.5-2009 standards to meet customer defined/derived functional requirements using Solid works 2014. Designed 1U rack mount (Fiber) enclosure and ICU.
• Designed systems using sheet metal, welding, machining and various off the shelf components.
• Created electro-mechanical boxes for various electronics and controllers.
• Minimized assembly time and increased production consistency/quality with production fixtures and assembly tools.
• Worked with various internal groups including production floor to get fast pace design feedback and incorporated changes on the fly to support DFX.
• Supported new product introduction (NPI) and new model release (NMR) per company processes which included design reviews, progress meetings and working with project managers.
• Basic knowledge of various processes like castings, weld-ments, extrusions, machining, spinning, sheet metal. Successfully used 3D printer to create complicated assemblies to communicate concepts and verify designs.
• Worked with Agile and LN6 ERP system while company was in middle of transitioning from Point man ERP system. Gained experience with both ERP systems.
Trac Star, Cobham located in Orlando, FL
Working Duration: 1 Month, Temporary assignment during Cobham Contract
• Worked on systems to prepare/collect documentation from TracStar products to transfer product portfolio over to SeaTel, Concord facility.
• Successfully worked on ERP data migration from M2M to Point man.
• Made documentation of instructions how to assemble BUC, LNB and other necessary electro-mechanical hardware on land base antenna which did no exist before. To accomplish this I worked with assemblers and used tools to measure various assemblies/parts. This helped me developed hands on skills.
Crane Aerospace and Electronics located in West Caldwell, NJ
Title: Mechanical Engineer II, Working Duration: July 07- February 14
• Designed PCB and their Electronic Components for Space and Defense industries as per Customer requirements using Auto Cad soft ware.
• Worked on projects from scratch or existing, to design Electronic components, prepare basic layout for customers to assure to meet their requirements.
• Generated 3-D models using Solid Works and conducted FEA (Heat Transfer, Vibration and Structural Design) on various modules that are in compliance with customer requirements. Performed compression analysis as per customer need.
• Worked closely with electrical and manufacturing engineers to insure that designs meet customer’s electrical, mechanical, environmental as well as internal manufacturing quality standards. Updated manufacturing process as needed for soldering, curing, baking, sealing and conductive and non-conductive epoxy.
• Applied fundamental engineering concept such as Statics & Dynamics, Design of Mechanical Components, Vibration, Stress & Strain, Plating, Coating, & Heat Treating, Strength of Materials, Drawing Layout/ Stack-ups Geometric, Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD & T).
• Generated and reviewed drawings related to product development; Prepared technical reports and documentation necessary to satisfy customer and program requirements, including proposals, procedures, and reports.
• Documented new design per established guidelines including but not limited to simulations & tolerance stack – up analysis. Interacted with customer regarding technical reports and design.
• Developed Engineering Change Notifications (ECN) for several projects.
• Gained experience as project manager that included schedule management, tracking budgeted hours, electrical/mechanical analysis, drafting, and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) during temporary assignment as PM.
Anup Steel Engineering located in Gujarat, India
Title: Design Engineer, Working Duration: March 02 thru January 03
• Managed and executed a variety of designs, developments, and an application project that involves Heat exchanger, Turbine, and various kind of spring.
• Participated in design projects that includes 3D design and 2D drafting that uses AutoCAD
• Calculations of tolerance stack-up along with the production of prototypes and finished products.
• Upon need, managed project schedule, oversees internal production and customer installations.
Education:BS in Mechanical Engineering (2001)
Government Engineering College, India
MS in Mechanical Engineering (2007)
Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ USA
Software: SolidWorks (latest using since 2006), AUTOCAD 2011, Autodesk, Algor
Simulation, ANSYS, Solid Work Simulation, GD&T Y14.5M, MS Project
Courses: Six Sigma Green Belt Trained
Reference: Will be provided upon request.
Experience BACK TO TOP
Job Title Company Experience
Mechanical Design Engineer Merrimac Industries – Present
Additional Info BACK TO TOP
Current Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Years of relevant work experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Date of Availability: Within 2 weeks
Work Status: US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Active Security Clearance: None
US Military Service:
Target Job: Target Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Target Company: Company Size:
• Mechanical Engineering
Target Locations: Selected Locations: US-NJ-Northern