build/release Management, Utilization of cloud resources, Infrastructure Automation.
• Experienced in Amazon Web Services like
S3, ELB, EBS, VPC, Security Groups, Route53,
CloudFront, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, SQS, SNS, Cloud Trail, RDS
• Experienced in assisting Application Teams in creating complex IAM policies for administration within AWS.
• Working on multiple AWS instances, setting security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling
to design cost-effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
• Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Services(PaaS & IaaS) – Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud
Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateway,
• Created scripts using Azure PowerShell for automation and build process.
• Managing and Hosting plans for
implementing and deploying workloads on
Azure virtual machines(VMs).
• Implementing various resources in
Azure using Azure Portal,
on Azure Resource Manager
deployment models. Experience deploying Infrastructure as Code(IoC) applications using ARM Templates
• Great Knowledge in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Services like Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud
Storage and Cloud
PaaS and IaaS concepts
Computing and Implementation using GCP.
• Experience in writing Infrastructure as a code(IaC) in Terraform, Azure resource management, AWS Cloud
formation. Created reusable Terraform modules in both Azure and AWS cloud environments.
• Written Templates for Azure
code using Terraform to
environments. Integrated Azure Log Analytics with Azure VMs for monitoring the log files, store them and
used Terraform as
tool, Managed different
resources Cloud, VMware,
and Docker containers.
• Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers
and managing infrastructure.
CloudFormation and Elastic Beanstalk.
• Developed automation scripts in
Ansible to deploy and manage Java applications across
• Expertise on Development and version control, testing of
Cookbooks using FoodCritic and Test Kitchen,
running recipes on nodes managed by on-premise Chef Server and automating infrastructure.
• Able to write manifests and Ruby scripts to customize the Puppet as per requirement configuration.
Docker Images using a
docker file, worked on
Docker Container Snapshots, removing
and managing Docker Volumes.
• Virtualized the servers using
environments and dev-environments needs and also
configuring automation using Docker containers.
• Writing playbooks for ansible and deploying applications using Ansible.
• Worked with
system using Kubernetes and Helm package manager for Kubernetes.
• Worked on orchestration tools like Kubernetes for Docker images to spin up containers.
environments using version control tools like Git, Subversion (SVN), Bit Bucket.
Jenkins CI/CD pipeline from scratch and automating manual tasks wherever possible in the
• Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, JFrog, Puppet and Maven and Automated
Jenkins jobs to manage, build, test and deploy code and applications.
• Expertise in using build tools like Maven and Ant for building of deployable artifacts like War and Jar from
Git and deployed
artifacts and dependencies in Artifactory and Nexus.
• Worked on monitoring
check the various
resources and services.
• Experienced in Installing and configuring Splunk to monitor applications deployed on application server, by
analyzing the application and server log files.
• Developed and Implemented Kubernetes manifests for deployment of
microservices and installation of
Prometheus, Grafana monitoring pods into Kubernetes.
• Experience in setting up Application Metrics dashboards using tools such as Elastic – search, Kibana and
• Designed a new monitoring and alerting system by integrating Pingdom, Pager duty and Status page.
• Relied upon as SME for (Splunk, Datadog, Grafana) monitors.
Scripts used to automate day to day administrative tasks and automation of the build and release process.
Skilled in working as a Linux/Unix system administrator on RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS.
• Experienced with Install,
configure, modify, test with Junit,
and Deploy applications using
Server, Nginx, Tomcat and JBoss Application servers.
• Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in
Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall methodologies.
• Experienced with issue management tools like JIRA, Confluence, Rally.
Cloud computing AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
Automation Tools Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack
Scripting Languages Python, Perl, Shell, Bash, Ruby
RedHat 5.X 6.X,7.X Linux administration, Solaris 10 Administration
Web/AppServers Apache, Nginx, Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, Jboss, WebSphere
Networking DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMTP, LDAP
Build Tools ANT, Maven, Jenkins, UDeploy
Operating Systems RHEL/CentOS 5.x,6.X,7, Ubuntu 10.x, Solaris 10, Windows 2K, XP, 2003,
NT, 2008, 2012
Database Servers MYSQL Server, Oracle, MONGODB, PostgreSQL
Monitoring Tools Nagios, Splunk, Grafana, Kibana, Prometheus
Version control tools Git, GitHub, Subversion, SVN
Virtualization/Container Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Vagrant
Client: Bennett International Group, McDonough, GA
2019 – Till Date
Role: Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
• Designed, configured and managed public cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS)
high-availability, fault tolerance, in launching EC2 instances,
CodeBuild, Elastic Beanstalk,
Glacier, cloud Front, RDS,
Route53, cloud Watch, cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
• Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS,
Security Group, Auto
Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
• Created S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and using them for storage, backup and
archived in AWS and worked on AWS LAMBDA which runs the code with a response of events.
Maintained DNS records using Route53. Used Amazon route53 to manage DNS zones and give public
DNS names to elastic load balancer IPs.
• Created and managed IT infrastructure and application stack using AWS CloudFormation and writing the
files in JSON.
• Created CloudFormation templates to
automate the provisioning of AWS resources like IAM, EC2, S3,
Route 53, SNS, RDS, ELB and Auto Scaling and make calls to
Ansible Playbooks that provisioning /
configuration of servers on the instances.
• Created CloudFormation Templates for different environments(DEV/stage/prod) to automate infrastructure
(ELB, CloudWatch alarms, ASGs, SNS, RDS etc.) on click of a button.
• Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack
monitoring using Ansible playbooks and on Integrating Ansible with Jenkins.
• Developed automation scripts in YAML using
to deploy and manage Java applications across
• Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly
deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
• Worked on container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker HUB, and
Docker registries to provide data to registries according to the situation.
• Worked on installation of Docker using toolbox & creation of custom Docker container images, tagging,
and pushing the images.
• Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
• Add required images to Vagrant and create servers out of Images for testing.
• Working with Kubernetes deployments, Kubernetes volumes, Kubernetes network policy, command line
utilities of Kubernetes Kubectl.
• Used Kubernetes, to orchestrate the deployment, scaling, and management of Docker containers.
configures pod, service, and replication controller in Kubernetes.
• Maintained and
Designed of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies
• Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins and Maven in Linux environment.
• Managed CI/CD pipeline managed through Jenkins and GitHub and bug tracking using JIRA.
• Used JFrog Artifactory Repository Managers for builds and storing of Docker images.
• Set up and monitored logs using Splunk to create search queries, dashboards, and reports for multiple
applications on both Windows and Linux environments.
• Integrated Amazon Cloud Watch with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and
• Created and maintained built wrapper scripts using Python and Unix Shell script.
• Writing Bash/Shell scripts for automating Back-ups and setting up CRON jobs.
• Production support of Apache, Jboss, My SQL, Tomcat including installation, configuration, management,
• Worked with tools such as
Methodology with short sprint cycle to release product,
used JIRA for making projects, created mail handlers and notice schemes for JIRA and documented the
Maven, Jenkins, AWS Cloud, Ansible, Shell, Python, JIRA, Apache tomcat, IAM, VPC, Load
balancer, Route 53, VPC, Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, Cloud Watch, CodeBuild, GIT, GitHub, Docker,
Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant, Grafana, Splunk, CloudFormation, JSON, YAML, Apache, Jboss, JFrog, Agile,
MYSQL, Linux and Windows environments.
Client: Cognition Financials, Boston, MA
Sep 2018 – June 2019
Role: Azure DevOps Engineer
directory, Azure DNS, Azure Application Insights and created
Azure Virtual Networks, subnets, Azure
network settings and Azure cloud.
• Worked on Active Directory (AD) Domain consolidation. Service delivery of the Azure active directory
and the identify management team within Azure platform. Designed and Implemented a new Role Based
admin model with development of Quest roles.
• Created Azure apps using in-app service by different type of languages like Python, Visual Studio, and
Stored data on Azure Virtual machine, used azure containers to save images for feature use.
• Created scripts using Azure PowerShell for automation and build process also managed and Hosted
Azure Resource Manager Template and extensive experience in designing custom build
steps using PowerShell.
• Extensively worked on Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize during deployments to
machines, DNS, Virtual Networks, subnets and docker containers using Terraform.
• Written Templates for Azure
code using Terraform to
environments. Integrated Azure Log Analytics with Azure VMs for monitoring the log files, store them and
• Written new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform and Setting up the build and deployment
automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins.
• Worked with chef data bags, attributes, cookbooks, recipes, and templates in chef. And created cron
jobs for chef client to interact with chef server on time period basis.
• Worked on creating the docker containers and docker consoles for managing the application life cycle
and also wrote Python to view and connect the Apache Spark instance.
• Worked on creation of custom Docker images, tagging, and pushing the images, Docker containers
and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
• Used Azure Kubernetes Services to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps,
replica sets, selector, Services and managed using Azure Kubernetes service.
• Deployed and configured Git repositories with branching, forks, tagging, and notifications. Experienced
and proficient deploying and administering GitHub.
• Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process. Used
for automating Builds and
software using Jenkins, Chef and Docker.
Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Git and JIRA.
• Build and defined dependencies to build artifacts using the build automation tools Maven.
scripts used for the build process and created configuration files using the
POM.xml files and published those artifacts into NEXUS repository as part of continuous integration.
• Developed and implemented Kubernetes manifests, helm charts for deployment of microservices and
installation of Prometheus , Grafana monitoring pods into Kubernetes cluster.
monitored the performance of
on the production
Nagios and also Written new plug-ins in Nagios to monitor resources.
• Developed automation scripting in Python (core) to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux
servers. Worked on customization of existing Python scripts of some of the internal applications.
patches, packages for Red Hat Linux Servers.
• Worked closely with Agile Teams in Enhancing work Efficiency and Team Collaboration
GitHub, Jenkins, Chef Workstation, Shell, JIRA, Apache tomcat, Docker, Docker Containers, Maven, Nexus,
Kubernetes, Grafana, Prometheus, Terraform, Nagios, Apache, Jboss, Agile, CentOS, Ubuntu and Red Hat
Client: Aetna Inc, Hartford, CT
May 2016 – July 2018
Role: DevOps Engineer
• Worked on setting up a
Virtual Private cloud (VPC),
Network ACLs, Security groups and route tables
Network and Auto Scaling for high availability.
drastically improving user experience and latency.
• Perform the creation of Flow logs on VPC for monitoring of built VPCs, created IAMs and build
instances and assigned
required firewalls using
security group (SG) and Network Access Control List
• Created S3 buckets in the AWS environment to store files, sometimes which are required to serve static
content for a web application.
AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java,
Python and Ruby on Apache servers.
• Created function in Lambda that aggregates the data from incoming events, then stored result data in
Amazon Dynamo DB and S3.
building production infrastructure using the code and repeatable designs using Terraform.
• Converted existing AWS infrastructure to AWS Lambda deployed via Terraform and AWS CloudFormation.
integration tools and configuration Management tools such as Puppet.
modules and manifest
existing Puppet manifests and automated manual installation processes using Puppet.
using Docker ,
with Docker images, Docker Hub
• Used Docker to contain a lot of HTTP servers. Using Docker as a new level of simplicity to define and create
applications or services by encapsulating them in
containers for eliminating a source of friction between
development and operations.
• Experience in creating Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to
creating Docker Containers from scratch.
• Worked with SVN for source/version control to save and manage the revisions in a repository as well as to
manage the source code.
• Automated the Build and Deployment environment end to end using Jenkins and also configured it to
Java builds and Plugins to automate continuous builds and publishing artifacts to the
requirements and used for building of deployable Artifacts from source code. Installing and deployment
Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they effect
critical process and worked on Nagios event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications
• Designed an ELK Kibana (Elastic Log Stash) system to monitor and search enterprise alerts.
• Deployed applications like WAR, JAR and, EAR on multiple clustered JBoss Servers.
automated scripts to suit the requirements.
• Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects and
created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
AWS, Amazon Virtual private clouds, Load Balancers, S3, Beanstalk, lambda, Cloud Front,
Jenkins, SVN, Nexus, Maven, Ant, Docker, Ruby, Puppet, Terraform, Python, Nagios, Kibana, JBoss, Shell,
Perl, JIRA, Agile, Linux and Windows Environments.
April 2015 – March 2016
Role: Build and Release Engineer
• Maintaining code repository, code Integration and release-based branching in Git, Code Building using
Jenkins and Maven tools for JAVA based applications.
• Branching and merging code lines in the Git, adding revision lines and resolving all the conflicts rose
during the merges while performing Integration.
• Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments and performed all necessary day-to-
day Git support for different projects.
using Maven as build
in Jenkins to
move from one
environment to other environments.
• Used Maven as a build tool on Java Projects for the development of build Artifacts on the source code
and Integrated with Jenkins for the builds as a Continuous Integration Process.
and modified the
targets for multiple environments.
• Designed and developed scripts using Batch, Shell, and Perl for automating the build activities.
implementing Build/Release solutions.
• Managed Nexus Maven repositories to download the artifacts during the build.
• Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Jboss.
• Resolved build and release dependencies in collaboration with other departments and Managed the
source code to have latest version of code available from the production releases.
• Worked with different environments like Red Hat Linux, Sun Solaris and, Windows.
• Installation and configuration of VM's with Redhat LINUX servers running on Confidential.
Redhat/CentOS Linux environments.
• Debugged day to day issues and problem relating to systems, software, and servers.
• Worked on redhat 4.x and performed daily tasks using CRON scheduler and automated it.
accordingly to the Agile process, weekly release meetings with technology stakeholders to identify and
mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
Maven, Jenkins, GIT, Nexus, Ant, Batch, Shell, Perl, JBoss, JIRA, MS SQL server, Oracle, Red
Hat Linux, Sun Solaris, Windows, Unix, Linux environments.
May 2014- April 2015
Role: Python Developer
• Participated in requirement gathering and worked closely with the architect in designing and modeling
also wrote Python scripts to parse XML documents and load the data in database.
• Generated property list for every application dynamically using Python
• Responsible for search engine optimization to improve the visibility of the website
• Performed testing
to manage URLs
• Written Python scripts to deploy applications from Jenkins to remote server.
• Used python libraries like Beautiful Soap, NumPy and SQL Alchemy.
• Worked on Python APIs and used NumPy for Numerical analysis.
• Created a Git repository and added the project to GitHub also Implemented Git for Branching, Merging,
Tagging and maintaining the version across the environment.
• Managed production
services like Elastic Cloud Compute, Simple Storage Service, Security groups.
• Developed a fully automated continuous integration system using Git, Jenkins, MySQL and custom tools
developed in Python and Bash.
• Creating unit test/regression test framework for working/new code and Performed testing using Django's
• Rreviewed python code for running the troubleshooting test-cases and bug issues.
• Worked closely with team members in developing the
PowerShell scripts for automating the several
steps in Microsoft HDInsight environment.
• Reported the issues and resolve the issues that arise out of the testing process with different type of
• Used Python to extract information from XML files.
• Developed and designed automation framework using Python and Shell scripting.
• Created a sentiment analysis script with Python that displays customer location and sentiment based off
of tweets mentioning Nordstrom.
GitHub, CI/CD, Elastic Cloud Compute, Simple Storage Service, Security groups, MySQL, Bash, PowerShell,
Microsoft HDInsight, Shell, Nordstrom.