Ned D. Kubisiak
5021 Prairie View Dr. • Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494 • (715) 423-9491 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Sales Support / Engineering Professional experienced in fast-paced, demanding, and rapidly changing manufacturing environments. Extensive customer service background including sales, trade shows, logistics, and troubleshooting. Skilled at effectively coordinating critical production activities and processes to achieve timely and accurate results. Respected for building and maintaining positive working relationships. Possess solid organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Recognized for strengths in improving efficiency through effective planning, forecasting, scheduling and analysis.
• Inside Sales / Customer Service • Mechanical Aptitude • SAP / J.D. Edwards
• Operations Management (GMP) • Logistics Management • Waste Management
• Lean / Six Sigma • Quality Control • Maintenance Management
• Vendor Management • Product Testing / R & D • Staff Supervision
CATALYST PAPER (BIRON MILL) – Wisconsin Rapids, WI 2014 to 2015
(Originally hired at NewPage and Catalyst Paper purchased the Biron Mill in January 2015.)
Order Management Lead
• Optimized orders to maximize production runs and reduce inventory levels while ensuring customers received correct quantities and on-time deliveries.
• Coordinated with trucking and railroad companies to ensure equipment was available to meet customer demand while maximizing shipments utilizing lowest cost per ton.
• Partnered with production and quality departments to ensure quantity and quality of production run.
• Provided support for planned/unplanned maintenance including communications with impacted departments.
• Supervised up to five union employees per shift. Provided management coverage throughout mill on off shift and weekends. Served as safety champion and conducted department safety meetings. Ensured FDA compliance under HACCP program.
PRINCIPLE SOLUTIONS/PRODUCE PROCESSORS – Plover, WI 2013 to 2014
Assistant Plant Manager
• Provided a safe, positive, and stable production platform for a new production facility. Managed up to 14 people on a 24/7 schedule.
• Served as HACCP coordinator for facility and responsible of GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices). Managed Maintenance Department and trained employees in RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance).
• Dealt with vendors in designing and layout new equipment, purchasing of parts, and services.
• Started weekly sanitation as well as quarterly analytical sanitation. Created equipment layout and identification for use in documenting equipment failures. Troubleshot and replaced VFD’s, starters, and three-phase motors.
G3 INDUSTRIES – Mosinee, WI 2013
• Utilized Lean Six Sigma throughout plant, performing 6-S on work areas. Worked on reliability of equipment and how to predict/prevent failures. Standardized new methods, workstations, set ups, and worker positioning.
NED KUBISIAK – Page 2
• Started Preventive Maintenance for the plant. Implemented CMMS for the maintenance department.
• Performing time studies, proposed/coordinated new workstations layouts to reduce ergonomic issues and material waste.
• Designed, planned, justified and built mobile material handling equipment as well as fixed or purchased new tooling fixtures. Solved problems of design flaws in fixtures and dies.
NEWPAGE CORPORATION (f/k/a Stora Enso/Consolidated Paper) – WI Rapids, WI 1997 to 2013
Order Management Scheduling Specialist (2008 to 2013)
Managed scheduling of paper machine based on sales orders and available resources.
• Planned operations to maximize financials of paper machine.
• Determined building-specific inventory levels, recycling, or sending product to a secondary market.
• Planned product shipping methods and timing. Coordinated with maintenance to schedule around preventive maintenance.
• Partnered with outside warehouse facility and coordinated shipping products in and out.
• Worked closely with technical staff and assisted with return of defective product.
• Provided relief for shipping supervisor (responsible for four union employees), ensured duties were completed and products were shipped per customer specification.
Inside Sales (2000 to 2008)
Served as first contact with the customer providing sales, customer service, and product support.
• Handled quotes from customers and coordinated paper machine schedules with printer schedules. Promoted sale of select paper products to reduce inventories. Coordinated with outside sales to determine paper and pricing for printing customers.
• Performed advanced services for customers including inventory monitoring, customer order pattern reports, and forecasts. Coordinated transportation to ensure on-time delivery.
• Handled and resolved customer complaints through research, troubleshooting, and pricing adjustments. Used information to improve quality in manufacturing process.
• Updated select pricing for merchants as well as writing up orders, resolving credits and tracing loads shipped to customers.
Outbound Logistic Manager (Relief) (2005 to 2008) / in conjunction with Inside Sales role
Oversaw shipping process and equipment needs to deliver products to customers.
• Supervised 3 union staff handling paperwork and engagement of trucking firms for product delivery.
• Maintained and coordinated OTR, LTL, piggyback, and containers. Worked with outside contractors to secure equipment.
• Coordinated shipments into 4 distribution centers in PA, CA, IL, and FL. Maximized use of pool trucks and identified most logical routes for drivers.
• Partnered with customer service in coordinating on-time deliveries and resolving delay issues.
Research & Development (Relief Technician) (1998 to 2000)
Performed hand tests to evaluate ours and competitor’s pulp. Ran optical tests on paper. Ran strength tests for paper and tested to breakdown make-up of competitor’s paper. Ran analysis to find statistics of paper.
• Calculated, ran, and applied coating formulations and applied formulations to paper.
• Worked on Black Liquor projects at Kraft mill.
• Performed statistical analysis at various mills and ran corrosion studies on boilers to predict failures.
WRIV PM 64 & 63 (4th and 5th hand) (1997 to 1998)
Ran paper machine rewinder, inspecting paper for defects, and splicing when needed. Assisted with preventive maintenance on the paper machines along with changing wires and felts.
NED KUBISIAK – Page 3
GENERAC CORPORATION – Waukesha, WI 1995 to 1997
• Performed time studies, standardizing and improving workstations through implementing new tooling, work methods, and worker positioning. Proposed and coordinated new workstations layouts. Justified and purchased new equipment, solving problems of design flaws, maintaining various machines, designing and building new tooling fixtures.
• In charge of maintenance staff to build new tooling, change layouts, and fix equipment. Wrote Capital Expenditures and updated engineering prints for production.
• Participated in company safety and quality, writing capital expenses, and updating engineering prints for production.
• Partnered with Design Engineers in coordinating new product introductions to the manufacturing floor.
CLOPAY BUILDING PRODUCTS – IDEAL DOOR DIV. – Baldwin, WI 1994 to 1995
• Developed capital expense requests, purchased new equipment and/or services, and issued/ maintained contracts with vendors.
• Performed studies to provide ergonomic solutions for insurance purposes and improve workstations.
• Performed time studies, proposed new layouts for assembly lines, line balancing, and designed drawings for new equipment, modified drawings of existing equipment, and coordinated repairs.
• Implemented and tested new or improved methods and product designs.
• Ensured compliance with WI DNR and OSHA regulations, studies, and reports.
B.S. – Industrial Technology; University of Wisconsin – Stout
Concentration: Manufacturing Engineering
Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Access • SAP • J. D. Edwards • ERP Systems
Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
To contact this candidate email email@example.com