Sr.QA Analyst – Capital One
Sr.QA Analyst Capital One
February 2015 to Present
Client Capital One
Location Richmond, VA
Duration Feb 2015 – Till Date
Role Sr.QA Analyst
Capital One is a diversified financial services company that provides a broad range of services such as personal banking, business banking, investments and rapid loans. Involved in testing of the enhanced Online Personal Banking Module of the website where account holders can check their accounts and balances by entering their username and password. The website is also provided with various services including instant transfers of funds between checking and savings accounts, paying bills using online banking services, changing their profile etc. The fundamental goal of the project was to enhance the entire inside product line to be more robust in the current global segment.
• Analyze the business Requirements and closely work with the Business Team to get the clarifications addressed
• Run Defect Triaging and Review the Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Cases with Project Team
• Designed, executed and maintained automation Test Scripts in Selenium RC using JAVA framework- JUNIT, TESTNG for regression test cases.
• Developed Automation framework implementing Data Driven Framework, and Data Driven Test for certain Test Cases.
• Built Test Suite in XML for functional and regression test
• Execute the Test cases and review the results with Business to get the Business approval for UAT
• Co-ordination between Technology and Business to ensure all the outstanding issues are being addressed, fixed and retested
• Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG.
• Performed Selenium Synchronization using Explicit & Implicit waits.
• Worked in creation, preparation, and conduct of quality assurance reviews and contributed to the development and execution of test plans and test scripts.
• Prepared Test Cases and involved in the Test Data creation.
• Designed Test Suite, Test Cases, Test Scenarios for functional modules.
• Running shell scripts and command line programs for testing calls
• Performed browser compatibility testing.
• Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI
• Involved in the regression test planning for the project and identified the critical regression tests.
• Worked on BDD Cucumber/gherkin format for Test Scenarios Using Acceptance Test Criteria.
• Executed the automated regression test cases during every release and also executed the daily regression test suites.
• Involved in debugging of the existing automation script.
• Experience working in Agile/ Scrum methodology for SDLC and working on Test management tools like Quality center(QC)
• Executed some test cases using Test-NG parameters, data providers, suites, parallel suites and groups.
• Involved in the use of Cucumber Step Definition, Scenarios and Features.
• QA Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Test-NG, JDBC, Jenkins, SQL, Eclipse, CSS, HTML, Maven, SOAP UI, Cucumber, JUnit.
Project Title BankPro/Client Central
QA Analyst BB&T BANK Fall Church, VA
November 2013 to December 2014
The firm is a leader in small business lending; financial services for consumers and business, financial transaction processing, Mortgage, asset and wealth management. BB&T BankPro application allows day-to-day banking operations for personal accounts, mortgage, checking balances, account lists, account summery and account transaction for various accounts, and payments etc. Client Central is an online module that offers adding new clients, submitting a loan application and investments, and opening/closing accounts.
• Involved in gathering and analyzing user and functional requirements
• Involved in reviewing requirements, use cases, design documents, test case and test scripts
• Developed and design Test Scripts and Test cases using requirement and functional specification document
• Built and represented and directed fabrication and procurement of prototypes and test equipment
• Assisted in developing and creating test plans and related documents, test cases, and test schedules
• Executed test cases and test scenarios across development projects
• Involved in functionality, user interface, regression, security, and UAT
• Identified and tracked defects, issues, risks, and action items
• Worked on BDD Cucumber/gherkin format for Test Scenarios Using Acceptance Test Criteria.
• Validated requirements for system testing, report preparation, defect recording, and defect tracking
• Performed regression testing to validate the resolution of any software or system defects
• Used Quality Center a web-based test management tool for centralized control over the entire testing life cycle
• Wrote and executed SQL queries to interpret test results and create test data
• Executed written test case scenarios, including manual, automated, and data-driven regression testing, and GUI verification by using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
• Developed Keyword Driven and Data Driven Frameworks test scripts using VBScript
• Executed test cases and reported results using Quality Center
• Experience with testing at different levels such as functional, regression, integration, system, load and performance testing.
• Performed Manual testing for the Functionality, GUI of the Web application
• Performed database verification and validation for MS SQL Server
• Developed and executed SQL queries to perform back-end testing
• Communicated with different team members to establish and maintain a consistent test methodology and to resolve general question during the testing process
ENVIRONMENT: Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Java, Test-NG, Jira, XPath, CSS, Cucumber, Oracle, SQL, SVN
Project Title Clinical Management Software
QA Tester High Point Insurance Houston, TX
September 2012 to October 2013
Clinical Management Software is for private and public practices in a clinic/hospital, which can manage appointments, contacts, billing, tasks and callbacks, drugs and recipes. Connects the office through LAN and can also operate remotely by Internet. We customize the software with specially designed templates and on-demand features. Clinic Management System (CMS) is a web-based solution that helps family physician clinics streamline medical and administrative documentations efficiently resulting in higher efficiencies and faster patient turnaround time.
• Analyzed Business Requirement Document and involved in developing the test plan
• Developed test plan and test cases based on Business Line Functional Requirements.
• Reviewed Functional Requirement Specifications and created test cases based on test scenarios drawn from functional requirements using Test Director
• Performed functional, integration, system and data integrity testing
• Developed and executed SQL queries for backend testing
• Tested the application on various browsers and platforms
• Responsible for smoke testing
• Responsible for UAT testing
• Used Test director for writing test cases
• Effectively communicated with business users resulting in added functional requirements
• Involved in Preparation of Test Scenarios and Review of Test Cases.
• Involved in Regression testing using Selenium and Creation of automation scripts for desktop pages.
• Involved in testing of application using the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
• Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using Test-NG.
• Used Black Box Testing Techniques.
• Automated regression test cases using Selenium IDE and WebDriver.
• Experience in testing the application web services using Soap-UI.
• Well conversant with the implementation and practical hands on experience in different types of frameworks like Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid.
• Experience with Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
• Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the drop down menu using
Selenium Actions builder, mouse hover and synchronization.
• Involved in Requirement gathering and Preparation of Test cases based on Product Backlogs.
• Designed and Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations using various tools like Selenium, Test-NG and XPath.
• Involved in updating and execution of Test Cases according to the requirements.
• Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing features and step definitions using Gherkin. Developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber
• Performed GUI and functional testing for different modules of application
• Logged defects using Quality center and resolved issues with development team.
• Updated test data, created and generated reports using Jira.
• Reported daily status of data creation and sent weekly status reports.
• Worked with Business Customers, Business Analysts, Software Developers, QA team, and Project Leads to ensure successful roll out of high-quality application.
ENVIRONMENT: Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Java, Test-NG, Jira, XPath, CSS, Cucumber, Oracle, SQL, Java script, Html, MS-Excel
Associate Test Engineer Bayer Health Care
May 2010 to August 2012
Location New Jersey
Duration May 2010 to Aug 2012
Role Associate Test Engineer
Bay Health Direct is a portal that has information about specific healthcare products. This information can include product id, product names, product description, Quantity, Unit of Measure, Manufacturing date, Expiry date, Manufacture. The entire process between the acquisitions of documents to their ending database can be monitored on the Product Builder UI.
• Analyzed application business requirements, technical specification and INSTALLATION guidelines
• Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium Web Driver using Java programming language
• Designed, developed and delivered automated solutions to test API’s, web components, web applications.
• Wrote and executed test cases for major program modules as per Business Requirement Documents
• Designed, coded and executed automated tests using Java/Test-NG/XML/SQL based test frameworks.
• Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Test-NG.
• Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern and Selenium Web Driver.
• Performed Data driven testing using Selenium Web Driver, Test-NG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
• Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium Web Driver and Cucumber.
• Identified application defects to minimize number of steps to reproduce the problem
• Performed browser (IE, FIREFOX, Chrome, Safari) and platform (Windows 7/Vista/ XP) compatibility testing in virtual machine environment
• Worked on tools Fitness and Concordion for Testing the accepting test cases and specification by example.
• Interacted with the respective developers to explain the testing issues on behalf of the testing team and managed the entire testing effort. Identified and isolated software defects and reported them via TFS.
• Actively participated in QA team meetings and discussions. Participated in Sprint planning and Agile Scrum meeting on daily basis.
Manual Tester UniverCell Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
March 2008 to May 2010
Duration March 2008- May 2010
Role Manual Tester
TAFF is online Shop Application for UniverCell. Online store functionalities are selection of phones, plans, packages, Solutions and services. All the content information for online shopping is maintained and retrieved from content management system. The catalog related data is retrieved from the business. All the business rules surrounding devices, plans, services and accessories details are maintained in business control center.
• Executed Batch Suites in mainframe for migrating of various into Lloyds accounts.
• Prepared deliverables for the project like Functional Test Plan, Test Scripts, and End of Test Reports.
• Raised defects while doing System Integration Testing, defect tracking and regression testing.
• Involved in Unit Testing, Handled issues in System testing and UAT.
• Test and Run various APIs as part of System Integration Testing.
• Worked on Table bases and IMS database.
• Performed Sanity testing during code deployment after the fix to the code has been done and verification of proper code deployment.
Raised many Clear Quest request as part of code fix, issues in UAT
ENVIRONMENT: Java, Windows, Quality Center, MS Office.
Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Quick Test Pro, Cucumber, Test-NG, JUnit, Rally, Auto It and, Log4j , Soap-UI.
Artifacts Test Plan, Test Case, Test Data, RTM, Test Summary Report, Bug report
Bug Management Tools Quality Center, JIRA, ALM, Version One, Rally
Database/Database tools Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Toad, SQL
Development methodology Agile/ Scrum, Waterfall, Jenkins, Hudson, SVN, Cucumber
Framework Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Testing Frame work, Page Object Model.
Mobile testing Device Anywhere, Perfecto Mobiles
Programming Languages Java, Ruby, Java Script, VB Script, HTML, XPath, CSS, Soap, WSDL, Restful, PL/SQL, Excel Macros
Operating Systems Windows 07. XP, UNIX.
Functional Testing: Unit testing, Component testing, Integration testing, Component integration testing, System integration testing, System testing, Acceptance testing, Alpha testing, Beta testing.
Non-Functional Testing: Performance, Usability, Security and Portability Testing.
Test Documentation Test plan, Test Scenario, Test Case, Traceability Matrix.