This resume has been forwarded to you at the request of Monster User xnerx03 pulled for daikin
Last updated: 08/20/13
Job Title: no specified
Company: no specified
Rating: no specified
Screening score: no specified
Status: no specified
Reston, VA 20191
Quick View Links:
Resume Headline: Olga Given – Project Engineer Resume Value: dgtieynav3drgqdi
Olga F. Given
1915 A Villaridge Drive ? Reston, VA 20191 ? 703.554.4365 ? firstname.lastname@example.org
Self-motivated and results-driven chemical engineer with experience in project management including planning, scheduling, coordination of activities, quality verification, monitoring and execution of engineering projects seeking a full time career opportunity focused on project development, negotiation and implementation in the industrial environment. Possess strong work ethic and leadership capability, high level of professionalism and integrity, as well as conflict resolution, and team building skills.
M.S in Engineering Management, George Washington University GPA 3.85
Washington, DC – July 2006
– Program & Project Management
-Management of Research and Development,
-Elements of Problem Solving & Decision Making for Managers
-Technology Issue Analysis
-Crisis and Emergency Management
-Finance for Engineers
-Survey of Finance and Engineering Economics
Final project: Fuel cell technology analysis – Problems in Eng. Mgt
B.S in Chemical Engineering, Universidad de America GPA 3.0
Bogotá – Colombia – July 1994
Thesis: Obtaining salts of magnesium, potassium, calcium and bromine from residual salt water
Project Engineer – 2009 to Present
General Service Administration (GSA) – Central Heating and Refrigeration Plant (CHRP)
Experience as Project Manager:
• Provided engineering support to optimize steam generation process and to ensure product quality including performing process monitoring, identifying equipment deficiencies, detailing specific corrective actions and minimizing product loss. Performed quality monitoring at various points during the manufacturing process to ensure final product quality.
• Evaluated and measured energy cost savings associated with boiler operation and steam transmission lines to various customer buildings
• Minimized environmental impacts by implementing energy efficient products and design considerations
• Served as project manager, directed requirements analyses to determine project scope details and oversaw facilities project construction and implementation
• Developed contract packages complying with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) regulations, and GSA requirements
• Developed procurement packages including assessing the needs, developing the scope of work, acquisition plan, work requests, participating in source selection, conducting contract negotiation and contract execution
• Developed cost estimate, perform cost benefit analysis and documented with Independent Government Estimates
• Planned and assigned work to be accomplished, and reviewed completed work for technical adequacy and documented in inspection reports
• Followed up with project members to assure timeliness in meeting milestones
• Resolved conflicts, differences or problems
• Evaluated the effectiveness of completed and in-progress projects, and provided input for performance evaluations
Engineering & Energy Branch – 2012 to Present
Relevant Projects include:
• Identified life safety concern with an inoperable refrigerant monitor and evacuation system. Developed test procedure for the system including identifying and researching equipment, investigating system operation, exercising/running system to determine current condition and performing test. Established periodic testing to ensure system operability.
• Oversaw calibration of refrigerant monitoring system and performance of manufacturer’s periodic maintenance requirements.
• Performed project management responsibilities (including problem identification/troubleshooting, evaluation and selection of most appropriate solution, development of scope of work, cost estimation and procurement package and project implementation) for the following projects:
– Moat Roofing System Repair
– Fire Suppression System Repair
– Water Treatment System Automation Upgrade
– Resin Traps installation
– Valves and Actuators Replacement
Facilities & Engineering Branch – 2009 to 2012
Relevant Projects include:
• Provided leadership and expert technical advice for safety, security and implementation of office space improvement projects at Central Heating Plant
• Lead, conduct, coordinate with contractors, and participate in evaluation of two design projects: NFPA 101 Life Safety Code Fire Rated Emergency Exit Stairs and Replacement of Passenger Elevator
• Monitoring and coordination of construction projects: Structural Catwalk & Grating System, Asphalt Pavement project, and creating new offices for employees in existing building spaces.
• Advise senior management on a full and open competition contract regarding plumbing services to the power plant.
• Create portfolios of potential contracting firms to assist in future facilities issues.
• Conduct pilot fleet program to organize and monitor company’s vehicles usage.
• Oversee Vehicle Fleet preventative maintenance program
• Coordinate Medical Surveillance Exams project for the Central Heating Plant employees
• Researched portable water quality issues by conducting interviews with personnel at the CHRP; developed study and analyzed findings to advise senior management on implementing a corrective action plan which was executed and verified for effectiveness
• Oversee the installation/relocation of all necessary sprinkle head and all fire protection devices and bring building offices up to code.
Salt Refining Process Engineer
Redondo y Compañía, Ltda., Cartagena, Colombia
• Supported operators of a salt refinery plant in the steam generation, treatment and demineralization of water, purification of brine and crystallization of salt processes.
• Experience in start up, normal operation, shut down and casualty control operations of industrial plants
• Meet required salt and steam demands and specifications by monitoring meters, pressure and temperature instrumentation
• Supervised laboratory work by making appropriate corrections to ensure a cost effective and reliable product
• Provided engineering support for the refining process through vacuum evaporation
• Responsible for Quality Assessment and Quality Control of salt production and storage by monitoring processes and equipment.
• Performed engineering calculations to monitor losses of raw material, brine and final product and developed special projects such as: recuperation and recycling of salt contaminated by rain water and technical research on softener resins
• Solved daily process problems
Chemistry and Spanish Tutor
Northern Virginia Community College, Annandale, VA
• Provided academic assistance with chemistry courses to college students at Northern Virginia Community College. Courses include General Chemistry CHM 101 and CHM 102 that emphasize experimental and theoretical aspects of inorganic, organic, and biological chemistry.
• Assisted college students to become more proficient in speaking and understanding Spanish in a greater variety of situations. Courses include Beginning SPA 101 SPA 102.
Office Manager, Legal Translator and Interpreter
Martin, Arif, Petrovich and Walsh, Attorneys – Springfield, VA
• Prepared documentation and gathered required information from lenders, brokers and clients on real estate settlements.
• Assisted attorneys with Spanish speaking clients and translation of letters and documentation.
Customer Service Representative
Barnes & Noble College Bookstore – Annandale, VA
• Provided bookkeeping responsibilities including cash reconciliations, payout processes, verification of the operating funds, and recording the daily sales reports using Lotus Notes
• Managed contracts and financial aid programs. Trained over one hundred seasonal employees. Ensured a superior operation in customer service.
• In charge of store in Washington D.C area (Trinity College Bookstore) which included shutting-down the operations of the store. Responsibilities included; mark downs, closed contracts, financial aid programs, store inventory management and security.
Interlibrary Loan Document Service Specialist
Jacob Burns Law Library – The George Washington University
• Supervised students identifying, locating and obtaining requested materials
• Provided fee-based Dispatch Services using PDF for requested articles.
• In charge of digitization program (scanning rare books) and document the progress in spreadsheets
Contract Administrative Specialist
• Maintained and administrated the Central Contracts Database for all Government Solution Group Contracts (GSG)
• Responded daily to requests for special reports from all organizations in the GSG and Corporate
• Responded to requests from Headquarters for updates to special reports submitted to ACS Senior Management
• Ran special reports and performed data mining in support of the Procurement Cost Reductions Initiatives
• Interfaced with the Finance Department to extract data from the accounting systems for data in support of cost reductions efforts
Associate Applied Science Degree in Marketing and International Marketing GPA 3.53
Northern Virginia Community College – Annandale VA, 2000
Associate Applied Science Degree in E-Commerce GPA 3.5
Northern Virginia Community College – Annandale VA, 2003
Certifications and Training
Master’s Certificate in Project Management
Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPC) Workshop sponsored by DOE
Certified Energy Manager’s Training
Hazardous Waste Management for Building Managers
Certified Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR)
GSA CHRP Engineering and Energy Branch Employee of the Quarter 2013
AED Employee of the month 2012
GSA NCR PBS Quarterly Employee Recognition Award
GSA Employee Appreciation Award
Member of Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society, Alpha Beta Rho Chapter, VA
Outstanding Student of the Year, Marketing and Business Department
Who’s Who Among American Junior Colleges Student Award
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Access and Project Management tools.
• Thorough understanding of Government contracting and FAR; trained Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR)
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Good people skills, able to work with tight time schedules, handle large amounts of detailed data electronically and have firm appreciation and work habits for quality of work product.
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills, analytical and detail oriented person.
Experience BACK TO TOP
Job Title Company Experience
Project Engineer General Service Administration (GSA) – Present
Additional Info BACK TO TOP
Current Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Date of Availability: Within one month
Work Status: US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Target Job: Target Job Title: Project Engineer – August 2013
Desired Job Type: Employee
Desired Status: Full-Time
Target Company: Company Size:
Target Locations: Selected Locations: US-VA-Fairfax/Manassas/Reston
Willingness to travel: Up to 25% travel
Languages: Languages Proficiency Level