PHALGUNI SUHAS RAUT
Personal Website: http://phalguni-raut.branded.me/
Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org Phone no.: 573-612-8714
To work in the field of Image Processing/Computer Vision/Software Engineering/Graphics, which offers growth while being
resourceful, innovative and competitive.
• Missouri University of Science and Technology December 2015
M.S. Electrical Engineering GPA: 3.6/4.0
• Research in Pill Recognition
Missouri University of Science and Technology (Rolla, MO, USA) February 2016 – Present
Currently working on the Pill recognition project on Segmentation, Color matching and Pattern Recognition using MATLAB.
• Image Processing Engineering Intern
Omnibond System LLC(Anderson, SC, USA) January 2015-July 2015
Worked on a project in Traffic Vision using MATLAB, C++ and Python. Also, worked on Background Subtraction.
Tools used – FFMPEG, Mercurial, Wireshark, BitBucket.
• Mobile Applications Intern
ATOM technologies (Financial Technologies)(Mumbai,India) June 2012–July 2012
Exercised a project based on J2ME for mobile application for Symbian operating systems.
• Traffic Vision – Background Subtraction – Mean, Median, Gaussian, codebook, Edges, Morphological operations
• Hiding Message in an Image using the technique of Diamond Encoding – This project proposes a method of implementing
steganography using the technique of Diamond Encoding in MATLAB.
• Image Indexing Based on Human Perceptual Color Clustering – This Project demonstrated a method for Image indexing based on
color clustering carried out according to human vision in MATLAB.
• Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering – In this project, each data point is considered and clusters are formed using the distance
measures agglomerating the data points.
• Environment Monitoring using Wireless Sensor Network – This Project presented the process of environment monitoring along
with the factors that need to be taken into consideration, using WSN.
• Final Year Project (Undergraduate Studies): Bilge Oil and Water Separator – This project showcased a way to extricate water from its
immiscible mixture with oil which is present in the bilge, while retaining oil for further usage.
• Water Level Controller – Hardware project using BJT and LED panel.
• Gates Emulator – Hardware projects using LED panel, microprocessor.
• Traffic Light Controller – A VHDL project demonstrated on FPGA kit.
• Voters Counter – This project is carried out using FPGA kit and VHDL programming language.
• GUI – Created a Graphical User Interface for a DMD based project
Volunteer Work and Activities:
• NGO (Aakanksha Foundation) – taught underprivileged children.
• Geothermal Project Management workshop – Missouri University of S&T
• Retail Management at Missouri University of Science and Technology.
MATLAB C++ FFMPEG JAVA PYTHON
J2ME VHDL AutoCAD Eagle
Phalguni Raut, Sanket Deshmukh, Anushka Chandra and Pooja Jagdeesan, “Bilge Oil-Water Separator” IJERT, Volume 2,
Issue 70 (July 2013).