PRATEEK REDDY MADINI
1199 Murfreesboro Pike, Nashville TN 37217
An enthusiastic engineering graduate & dedicated professional having capability to work under minimal supervision.
Works with great desire of progress, skilled problem solver with ability to adapt organization values, situation and work
Technical Experience areas include:
• Automotive part design and modification using SOLIDWORKS, CATIA V5.
• Benchmarking and design optimization for new product design and development
• Engineering component drawings with GD&T
• Design and release using Product Life Cycle Management (PLM)
• Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis(DFMEA)
• Design verification plan and report (DVP&R)
Jaguar Instruments Houston, Texas
Description: Jaguar Instruments serves the process industry with an extensive line of products that meet or exceed industry
standards for precision and reliability. There products such as RTD’s, Thermocouples, Thermowells, Gauges, Thermometers,
Switches, and Subsea transmitters have wide variety of application.
Solidworks Engineer, Dec 2014 – Sep 2015
• Created 3D models and 2D models in Solidworks.
• Generated ideas and concepts for new products.
• Designed 19”, 30” and 33” subsea transmitters.
• Designed Cooler concept with various mountings like 3 way valve, 2 way valve spring return handle and coolers on it.
• Stress Analysis on a sample cylinder.
• Designed C-Type W sight gage 5 way Selector.
• Prepared and maintained design standard.
• Prepared project documentation involving design parameters and stress analysis results on the product.
• Verified drawings before manufacturing.
• Worked closely with design team and manufacturing team and assisted them at every stage.
• Assembly and testing of Products.
• Created BOM for all the products.
• Revised existing designs for better product and application.
• Accurate dimensioning and tolerance using Solidworks drawing
University of Houston Houston, Texas
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Dec 2014 – Dec 2015
• Taught Plant Design Management System.
• Involved Multi Discipline 3D Modelling System.
• Piping Assembly – creating Plant layout.
• Project designing using PTC Creo 3.0.
• Solidworks Tutor.
• Helped students creating 3D objects and piping in Solidworks
Defense Research and Development Laboratory Hyderabad, A.P, India
Description: Defense Research and Development Laboratory is a multi-disciplinary Missile System laboratory with thrust on
design, development and flight evaluation of various types of Missile Systems for armed forces. Right form conceptualization
of the weapon system to production and induction into services, the laboratory has capabilities and the state of art
infrastructure in terms of facilities and human resource.
Co-op, July 2013 – Mar 2014
• Designed a Titanium block of required dimensions.
• Studied the effect of input parameters on machinability of super alloys in wire EDM process.
• Tested the parameters and measured surface roughness, cutting speed.
• Created 3D models of titanium blocks in Solidworks.
• Stress analysis in Solidworks.
• Testing of various parameters in Solidworks
• Accurately performed analysis on Minitab.
• Research and analyze design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine time and cost feasibility to complete
• Prepared documentation of all the results covering analysis and testing.
MIDHANI Hyderabad, A.P, India
Description: MIDHANI has been handling challenging tasks of developing alloys, taking a lead position in indigenization of
critical technologies and products to render support to several programmes of National importance and hi-techsegments
of India industry.
Summer Intern, May 2013 – July 2013
• Undergone industrial training.
• Exposed to various manufacturing processes.
• Prepared a report on the manufacturing processes.
• Recognized by supervisor for successful completion of the report.
Undergraduate Research Assistant Hyderabad, A.P, India
Dec 2012- Dec 2013
• Performed Destructive and Non – Destructive Testing.
• Studied material properties and researched on structural change using optical microscope.
• Actively participated workshop and learnt about manufacturing techniques, CNC programming and automobile
• Used Pro E, and CATIA V5 to create detailed designs and specifications.
• Successfully completed study of fluid flow over backward facing step using Ansys – Fluent.
• Successfully designed Integrated MEMS Energy scavenger which was designed using Creo-parametric and structurally
analysed using Ansys, thermal verification using COMSOL.
• Conducted a strength and hanging weight analysis of a riser system using DeepRiser.
• Prepared a Report on “Li-S Battery using Graphene wrapped sulfur/metal Organic Framework”.
• Finite Element Analysis (FEA) on electromagnetic quadrupole using COMSOL.
• Project on “Transportation of Satellite and Lander on Europa (Jupiter’s Moon) to investigate science parameters and
know the existence of life over there. .
National Go-kart Championship
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, India
• Designed a Kart ergonomically using CATIA, and tested for its structural stability using ANSYS.
• It was custom fabricated.
• Petrol engine, custom made transmission system and light weight are its key features.
University of Houston, Houston, TX Dec 2015
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering June 2014
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
• Design : AutoCAD (certified by Autodesk), Creo Parametric, Solid Works, CATIA V5, Autodesk, Pro-E Mechanica.
• Analysis : Fluent, ANSYS, Abacus, DeepRiser, PDMS.
• MasterCam Softwares: CNC programming using G& M coding and Tool path simulation.
• Programming Software: C, C++, Dos – Prompt.
• GUI Software : Excel Solver, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Visual Studio.
• Flowchart softwares : LibreOffice Draw, Visio 2013, DIA, yEd.