902 Kent Drive, Champaign, Illinois 61821 • (305) 879-7468 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced Technician – Automation
Oil & Gas Industry ~ Team Leadership ~ Troubleshooting ~ Repairs ~ Upgrades
Electrical Systems ~ Instrumentation ~ Diagnostics ~ Total Plant Automation ~ Networking
• Excel at spearheading electrical, instrumentation and controls troubleshooting, upgrades and repairs on sophisticated automated platforms.
• Proficient user of Rockwell software (especially RSLogix 5, RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, Panel Builder 32, RSLynx, FactoryTalk) and Wonderware HMI software.
• Significant skills in Wonderware including scripting, screen development, DA server set-up, communications configuration, trending and more.
• Consummate strengths in using volt/ohmmeters, 4-20ma loop calibrators, oscilloscope, and most other electrical test and measurement tools.
• Exceptional networking expertise spanning Ethernet, Allen-Bradley, TCP/IP, Modbus, foundation field bus, OSI model, switches, routers and Rosemount wireless networks.
• Substantial experience installing, setting up and configuring Ethernet radios.
• Well-versed in Rockwell’s Device Net and Control Net as well as legacy communications products such as Data Highway Plus and Data Highway 485.
• Expertly installed, configured and programmed several operator stations using Rockwell’s FactoryTalk M.E. and used S.E. version for an operator station running on a PC.
Wood Group Production Services, Lafayette, LA, 2013 to Present
Lead I & E Technician
• Apply dynamic leadership talents toward directing team of qualified I&E Technicians on a deep-water oil and gas production platform.
• Extensively use RSLogix 5000 for PLC programming and Wonderware 2012 for SCADA.
• Selected and awarded as Employee of the Month in October 2015.
• Use FactoryTalk software for local control terminals on Panelview Plus terminals.
Sirius Controls Inc., Eunice, LA, 2011 to 2013
• Troubleshot and efficiently repaired automated oil and gas pumping and compressing equipment using cutting-edge PLC and HMI software.
• Chosen and awarded as Employee of the Year in 2013 and as Employee of the Month on several occasions.
• Installed and configured Wonderware software to gather critical data for management offices and production control rooms.
Continued … ►
Professional Experience continued … Ray Guthrie – Page 2 of 2
• Resourcefully introduced Wonderware Galaxy solution to rectify several control issues and enable remote access to PLCs.
• Set up Wonderware to use ArchestrA interactive 3D animated graphics, providing a more realistic representation of equipment and operations.
Moly Corp. Minerals Inc., Mountain Pass, CA, 2009 to 2011
• Examined and repaired electrical and instrumentation of systems spanning ph., level, conductivity and pressure transmitters.
• Operated DCS (distributed control system) to achieve and sustain process automation.
Nucor Steel Inc. Memphis, TN, 2008 to 2009
• Leveraged outstanding critical thinking abilities to analyze and repair state-of-the-art steel production equipment.
Florida Keys Electric Inc., Key West, FL, 2000 to 2008
• Directed all facets of construction projects from the initial phases through to successful, timely, and budget-compliant completion.
Kraft Foods Inc., Champaign, IL, 1989 to 2000
• Serviced and maintained food production equipment through extensive use of multimeters, amp clamps, oscilloscope and other test and measurement tools.
Candidate, Certified Control Systems Technician (CCST) Level III Certification, ISA
A.A.S., Engineering Technology, Parkland College, Champaign, IL
Certifications & Licensure:
Licensed Master Electrician, State of Florida
Certified Rockwell Programmer
30-hour OSHA Certification
Wonderware, Lock Out/Tag Out, Confined Spaces, Fall Protection, CPR First Aid, Logical Troubleshooting,
Honeywell TrueLine Chart Recorders, Rockwell RSLogix 5/500/5000/PLC5/Compact/ControlLogix PLC