Rene silva brito
1423 sacramento Portland tx 78374
Phone: (361) 9451244 • E-mail: Rbrito1282@yahoo.com
PERSONAL OBJECTIVE: To secure a position as Certified Welding Inspector and assure that proper quality systems are in place in order to deliver conforming products to clientele efficiently as possible.
AWS Certified Welding Inspector CWI# 15090221
Current TWIC & Basic Plus Training Cards
Bilingual in English/Spanish
CAREER HISTORY AND RESPONSIBLITIES
Mechanical Inspector (CWI- Ohmstede), Texas City, TX October 2015 – January 2016 (turnaround)
• Performed mechanical inspections on the heat exchangers during shut down periods
• Completed quality reports for site QC Lead
• Assisted lower level QC/QA staff in determining acceptable quality standards
Welding Inspector (CWI), Fulkrum Technical Resources (EMAS), Ingleside, TX May 2015 – October 2015
• Monitor weld procedure qualifications and welder performance qualifications.
• Record all weld data as required for weld procedures and welders performance qualifications.
• Populate and issue NDE request forms and insure that NDE is performed as per the approved project NDE procedures.
• Track material, material test reports, NDE reports and insure that all are in compliance with project procedures and are recorded for as-build records.
• Monitor welding and verify compliance with approved welding procedures.
• Work various weld stations on the pipeline, record pipe numbers, welder stencils, and pre-heat maximum weld interpass temperatures for the weld.
• Visual weld inspections
• Dimensional control measurements
• Perform weld audits and record weld parameters.
1st Class Welder, Gulf Island Fabrications, Aransas Pass, TX February 2014 – May 2015
• Perform all types of welding to include GMAW, FCAW and SMAW
• No personal repairs
• Assisted lower level welders trouble shoot problems with different welding techniques
Welding Leadman, Kiewit Offshore Services – Ingleside TX June 2011-February 2014
• Participate in daily safety meetings with the craft to communicate safety expectations and address any safety concerns the welders vocalize
• Coordinate with the fitting supervision to ensure adequate personnel to maintain a consistent fits made/welds made number which meets the schedule needs
• Monitor individual welder qualifications for compliance with specific project specifications and fabrication codes such as ASME Section IX
• Work with the Quality Department to appropriately assign Welding Procedure Specifications to specific field welds which conform to line class specifications and utilize the most productive WPS possible
• Audit current practices and research new technologies to identify possible productivity improving implementations
• Review NDE rejections to verify NDE technician evaluations
• Perform visual inspections of welds, fit-ups, and material preparation to verify drawings are being followed correctly
• Instruct craft of acceptable workmanship and welding practices
• Tracked welding consumable usage and procured as needed
• Provided hands-on technical knowledge of GTAW, FCAW, SMAW, GMAW and well as support for SAW-1 and SAW-2 applications.
1st Class Welder, Kiewit Offshore Services – Ingleside TX June 2005-June 2011
• Was involved with any productivity improvements surrounding welding
• Projects included : Big Foot, Tamar, Cobra Castor, Who Dat Topsides, Peregrino, Delta House & Olympus
• Experienced in various types of mechanical welding practices
• Base Line Data, Portland, TX 2015
AWS CWI Courses
• South Texas Specialty Welding, Ingleside, TX 2014
Additional hours to enhance GTAW and SMAW welding techniques
• Kiewit Tech, Ingleside, TX 2013
Additional leadership courses to enhance interaction
REFERENCES PROVIDED UPON REQUEST
To contact this candidate email Rbrito1282@yahoo.com