Operations Manager, machine and tooling setup and operator
Richard P. Thompson
10520-37th Place North
Plymouth, MN 55441
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong mechanical and construction skills
• 8 years’ experience machining/tooling and fabrication
• 8 years’ experience machine and tooling set up, operation and maintenance
• Experienced in people and project management
• Excellent hands-on problem solving and trouble-shooting
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Owner residential drywall, taping and texturing business; 22 years experience in drywall business
• Experienced and highly competent residential and commercial construction estimator
• 9 years landscape design and wholesale/retail sales experience
• Strong focus on customer communications, and customer service
• Experienced in Windows, MS Word and Outlook
Operations Manager, machine and tooling setup and operator/fabricator, Primary Automation Systems, Ham Lake, MN 2007-present.
• 8 years Technical Operations Manager, supervising 10 employees
• Plastics thermoforming, machine operator
• Vertical hand mill/lathe operation
• CNC set-up/machine operator
• Thermoforming machine building and fabrication
• Machine set-up, tooling construction and general machine maintenance and repair
• Carpentry and skilled labor projects including building maintenance, remodel and repair
• Sales Representative and project estimator
Owner/Manager, Quality Service Construction, Plymouth, MN 1981-1987 and 1998-2007.
• Drywall installation, taping and texturing
• 100% of all estimating including new and remodel residential and light commercial
• Supervision of drywall, taping and texturing crews
• Responsible for estimating, purchasing, payroll, customer and crew communications, scheduling, quality control and accounting
Landscape Designer/Project Manager, Fair’s Garden Center, Osseo, MN, 1989-1998.
• Began as an intern and was hired as full-time designer in 6 months
• Project design and estimating for residential and commercial jobs
• Retail and wholesale sales for landscaping services and supplies
• Customer communications and relations
• Project estimator and manager for MN Dept. of Transportation jobs
Site Manger, Smith Woods Drywall, Chicago, IL 1987-1988. Carpenters/Joiners Union.
• Began as journeyman, promoted to site manager after 3 months of employment.
• Responsible for payroll, materials, communication with crew of 8-10 and contractors.
Associate of Arts, Landscape Design, Hennepin Technical College, Brooklyn Park, MN 1990. Focus of study: Landscape Design, construction and plan reading. Student of the quarter Fall, 1989.
Blueprint and Plan Reading Certificate, National Education Center, Oak Park, IL, 1988.
1 year computer repair coursework, Brown Institute, Minneapolis, MN, 1985-1986.
High School Diploma, Spring Lake Park High School, Spring Lake Park, MN, 1981.
Drywall Apprenticeship, TECO Construction, Spring Lake Park, MN, Summers 1976-1980.
Available upon request.
To contact this candidate email Q.S.C@comcast.net