Global Product Manager
Waterloo, NY 13165
Global Product Manager ITT Corp. (Goulds Pumps, Inc) Seneca Falls, NY
January 2011 to January 2016
• Increased success and growth of a global product line to $17M worth of electronic rotating pumping controls and complex packaged product. Pressure and Flow Control of systems.
• Manager and direct supervisor of Applications engineering/ technical product support.
• Drove product development and maintenance of marketing/sales literature and pricing tools
• Project management of complex electro-mechanical systems and energy savings electronic equipment. Variable Frequency Drives for Low and Medium Voltage systems.
• Engaged (VBPD) Value Based Product Development tools used for developing and managing product life cycles. Strategically set pricing levels for all responsible products.
• Increased product awareness through development of marketing materials and training
• Conducted and lead instructor. Classroom and field product training for sales, management and distribution channel partners
• Created and developed product portfolio, business plans, roadmaps and regional review materials
• Drove leadership and engaged cross functional global matrix teams to better target product/ customer requirements for global regions
• Voice of Customer advocate for new product development and existing product enhancements.
1540 Shannon Dr.
Waterloo, NY 13165
Applications Engineer/Sales Engineer ABB Inc. – Baldor Electric
August 2010 to January 2011
• Low voltage/Medium Voltage AC motor Product Specialist. Low Voltage Drives product support
• Direct contact with distributors and OEM’s for developing technical quotations
• Reviews customers technical and complex inquiries and provides solutions which meet customer and company guidelines and targets
• Primary contact for warranty claims, technical troubleshooting and problem resolution
• Review and analyze customer specifications and technical data to prepare proposals and customer documents
• In depth understanding of AC and DC circuits
• Evaluate warranty claims and provide direction to customer and factory for resolution
• SAP Business System Understanding and Knowledge. Account maintenance for Accounts Receivables, shipping documents and Credit Limits
Product Line Manager/Applications Engineer, Commercial Pumping Systems and Controls ITT Corp
May 1997 to October 2009
• Provide technical, sales and troubleshooting assistance to the existing distributor/engineering firms and regional outside sales.
• Support new products and portfolio development. Primary support for applications, sales literature, customer relations and technical questions about rotating centrifugal products.
• Coordinate with outside sales personnel for onsite customer training of new or existing products. Travel to specific regions for training or seminars.
• Development of factory training schools.
• Initiate technical articles regarding new and existing products. Prepare detailed papers that provide a better understanding about products, and assist with field installations.
Masters of Business Administration Management/Marketing Syracuse University
Bachelor of Science Engineering Clarkson University
Associates in Applied Science Communications Electrical Engineering Tech
State University of New York, College of Technology
MS Office (10+ years), Six Sigma Green Belt (2 years), Value Based Product Development (10+ years)
ITT Engineered Excellence Award
Parent company of Goulds Pumps, Inc ( ITT Corp) holds an annual Engineered Excellence Award for all value centers. I was on the group which won for best new engineered product within our Industrial Product value center.
it was awarded for a pump control system using PLC’s, HMI’s and VFD’s for Medium voltage pump controllers and electrical motors.
Plant Engineering Product of the year 2014
Plant Engineering’s 2014 Product of the Year, http://www.plantengineering.com/events-and-awards/product-of-the-year/2014/2014-product-of-the-year-winners.html
program consisted of 14 categories with 48 winners. The awards were presented to the winners at the 2015 Engineering Awards in Manufacturing dinner hosted by both Plant Engineering and Control Engineering.
The 27th annual Plant Engineering Product of the Year competition is a celebration of all that is new and innovative in product development. It is also a time to evaluate your own needs within the plant to see what areas of your operation need improvement.
Operations/ Sales Finance Technology
—� Technical Product Planning —� P&L Product Management —� Design & Development
—� VBPD Project Management —� Product Forecasting —� Testing & Implementation
—� Supply Contract Negotiation —� Operational Budgeting —� Change Control / LCC
—� Sub-contract Management —� Financial Reporting —� Rotating Equipment
—� Portfolio Management —� Pricing, Margins, OI —� Fluid Management
To contact this candidate email email@example.com