RUBEN S. CONANAN
345 Winnebago St.
Park Forest, Illinois 60466
Unites States of America
Tel No. 1-240-751-8805
To be able to acquire a job in the field of Industrial Instrumentation and Control Systems as an Instrument Specialist / Sr. Instrument technician or any other positions related to my field of experience.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE:
Local employment with mining company in the Philippines was been assigned in preventive maintenance of heavy mobile equipment operating in the mine site. It involved preparation of maintenance scheduling and spare parts requirement for each job scheduled.
Overseas employment with petrochemical company in Saudi Arabia has been widely exposed to control systems and instrumentation. Assigned in the installation, calibration, loop check, logic check and pre-start up and commissioning of plant instruments and control of equipment’s for Owner’s acceptance. Assigned to accept instrument and control loops in behalf of the Owner.
As an instrument technician in a petrochemical plant, I am involved in the repair and maintenance of plant instruments such as transmitters, transducer, switches, control valves, on-off valves and other instrument related equipment. Also involved in trouble shooting of loops in the DCS / ESD whenever plant operation is having some problems.
Assigned in technical evaluation of instrument spare parts submitted by the buyer for end user’s acceptance. Recommend to update obsoleted type / models of instruments and control valves to enhance the operation of the plant.
Involves in preparing Spare parts list and Work Scheduling for plant Annual-Turn-Around (ATA) activities and coordinates with other departments to complete the activities. Lead group of technicians assigned during annual turn around shutdown such as pipe fitters, instrument technicians and prepare daily accomplishment reports submitted to the management.
Also involved in the upgrading of DCS for PVC Train A, B, C and Paste Plant. The job requires listing of instrument cable scheduling and termination to avoid confusion during demolition and reconnection of field instruments. Make loop testing on every field instruments affected in the up grading of DCS. Update P & ID, Instrument Loop Diagrams and other related documents.
SEPT. 2013 – DEC. 2015
Advance Instrument Technician, Al- Hugayet Gen. Contracting Company, with Global Contract to Saudi Basic Industries, Arabian Petrochemical Co. (A SABIC Affiliates), Jubail Industrial City, Saudi Arabia.
• Support current instrument technicians in doing maintenance work on field instruments such as transmitters, control valves and other related plant instruments.
• Prepare spare parts require for each Work Order issued to Instrument section for day to day maintenance job activities.
• Assist instrument technicians on some complicated loop, which has a chronic problem.
• Inspect all instrument and parts related to Control systems as requested by the receiving section of the Warehouse for our acceptance or rejection.
• Prepared a comprehensive list of all instruments installed in PVC plant and linked instrument tag numbers to the bill of materials in the SAP system.
SEPT. 1985 – AUG. 2013
Advance Instrument Technician, Arabian Petrochemical Co. (PETROKEMYA), Jubail Industrial City, Saudi Arabia.
• Involved in the pre-start up, start up and commission activities of PVC /VCM plants in 1986.
• The job requires and involved in maintaining plant equipment integrity, doing repairs, and calibrating transmitters, switches, overhauling of control valves and other field instruments.
• Carries out modification of plant controls in DCS/PLC systems and field instruments for control loops or additional instruments as required by Operations.
• Functions as Area Control System Supervisor (A), and effectively handles all plant jobs, whenever the regular CS Supervisor goes on vacation/assignments/training.
• Had been a member of RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) study in order to mitigate unplanned failures of plant equipment thus it will increase reliability of the equipment.
• Also had been a regular member of HAZOP review committee in PVC plants, review Piping and Instrument Diagram (P & ID) to identify possible hazards and recommend or suggesting additional protection for the safe operation of the plants.
• Evaluate material / spare parts requirement for the assigned plant area and review and recommend optimum spare inventory. Carries out technical evaluation on materials being submitted by GPS (Global Procurement Services) and recommends replacement for field instruments, which are declared obsolete.
• Support the area Control systems supervisor on day-to-day basis by carrying out routine plant maintenance activities, provide technical inputs in solving plant problems or planning activities, execute complex jobs and conduct training to technicians and newly hired trainees.
• Had been a team member, which successfully completed DCS upgrade for PVC Trains A / B / C and Polystyrene plants. The job involved searching for missing information’s, and updating the drawings, instrument data sheets and related documents. Also involved in reviewing new instrument loop diagrams, cabinet lay out drawings, cable scheduling, etc. for the new DCS system.
• Has been a Team member, which carried out implementation of PVC Train-C DCS systems upgrading from Fisher-Rosemount Provox to Yokogawa Centum 3000 RS in 2008, and completed it in record time with complete the loop checking for 3000 input/output signals within 32 hours.
• Member of the team, which is upgrading PVC Paste plant DCS system and was, involved in DCS hardware Pre-Factory-Acceptance-Testing (Pre-FAT) in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates and an Integrated Factory Acceptant Testing (IFAT) in Bahrain.
• Prepare job list, materials, support equipment and man power requirement during plant Annual Turn Around activities. The work requires the details of each individual scheduled job such as job cards, spare parts, number man-hours of various discipline and coordinate with other departments to complete the activities.
1983 – 1985
Associate Engineer, Control systems Department, FLUOR Arabia Limited / Petrochemical Engineering Ltd., Saudi Petrochemical Co. (SADAF) Project, Jubail Industrial City, Saudi Arabia.
• The work was to represent the contractor, FLUOR / PEL, in pre-start up and commissioning of the plant instruments for Owner’s acceptance. Perform and lead loop check crews in calibration, loop check, logic check and demonstrate instrument and control loops for Owner’s acceptance.
• Interface with Owner’s technical personnel and discuss problems involving instrument specifications, piping and instrument diagrams, and electrical ladder diagrams.
• Had worked with Bently Nevada technical representative / engineers in setting up and calibration of vibration monitors in equipment such as refrigeration compressors, turbine compressors, etc.
• Had been working with ECA Burner Management engineers in checking out and simulations of signals from five boiler units to ECA control panel and to DCS.
• Exposed to computerized / microprocessed instrumentation when assigned to work with Honeywell engineers for instrument check out from field to Honeywell TDC 2000 (DCS) and Modicon Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) in the control room.
1979 – 1983
Maintenance Supervisor, Western Minolco Corporation, Boneng Mines Group, Atok, Benguet, Philippines.
• Responsible in planning and scheduling of repairs and maintenance of heavy equipment.
• Prepare purchase requisitions of all heavy equipment spare parts, and communicate with the buyer in the main office for follow up.
• Prepare estimate cost for reconditioning and rehabilitation of all heavy equipment such as bulldozers, loaders, electric shovels, dumptrucks, etc.
• Assisted factory engineers in erecting ten units of 120 tonners WABCO motorized wheel dumptrucks, Marion 191M electric shovel.
Considerable experience in repair, calibration or use of the following instruments and / or test equipment:
• Yokogawa CENTUM 3000 R3
• Yokogawa Prosafe RS
• Rosemount Smart transmitters
• Foxboro Intelligent transmitters
• Magnetrol Guided Wave Radar-based Level transmitters, Eclipse 705
• Druck DPI 601 Pneumatic Indicator
• Altek Loop Calibrator Model 334A
• Altek RTD Calibrator Model 211
• Altek Frequency Calibrator Model 941
• Micro motion Mass Flow meters
• Endress & Hauser Coriolis Mass Flow meters, Promass 83
• Endress & Hauser Magnetic Flow meter, Promag 23
• Endress & Hauser Levelflex FMP40
• VEGAWAVE 63 Level Sensors
• Krohne Optiflux 2300, Magnetic Flow meters
• BLH Weight Processor and load cells, LCp-100
• SOR Pressure, Level & Flow switches
• Ashcroft Pressure switches
• Masoneilan Pneumatic Controllers
• Masoneilan Control valves
• Argus On-Off Valves and Actuators
• Hytork Pneumatic Actuators
• Tuflin valves
• HART Field Communicator 475
• Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
TRAINING CERTIFICATES and APPRECIATION
• Reliability Centered Maintenance Meridium Aug. 7~10, 2010
• CS 3000 Fundamentals for Engineering and Prosafe RS Engineering Training Course Yokogawa March 14~19, 2009
• Train The Trainer Kanz Center May 2~4, 2009
• Site Training on Maintenance of Centrifugal Compressor MHI Turbo-Techno Co. May 16,2008
• PM Order Processing – General (PM OP-01) SAP Feb. 7~10, 2004
• PM Order Processing – Completion Conformation (PM OP-01) SAP March 27~28, 2004
• CENTUM CS3000 R3 FUNDAMENTALS & MAINTENANCE Yokogawa Aug. 16~19, 2003
• TRICONMAINTENANCE TRAING TRICONEX June 21~23, 2003
• GEON PVC PLANT OWP CONSOLE TRAINING Fisher Provox Jan. 24, 1999
• UOC / IFC PROVUE MANITENANCE FISHER – ROSEMOUNT Aug. 1995
• 25 Years’ Service Appreciation Saudi Basic Industries Co. Sept. 28 2010
• 25 Years’ Service Appreciation Petrokemya Sept. 28 2010
Elementary – Nabas Elementary School – 1962 – 1968
Nabas, Aklan, Philippines
High school – Western Aklan Academy – 1968 – 1972
Nabas, Aklan, Philippines
College – BS Mechanical Engineering – 1973 – 1978
Western Institute of Technology
Lapaz, Iloilo City, Philippines
Passed the Board of Examination for Mechanical Engineers given by the Philippine Regulation Commission, 1981 with Registered No. 020407
Birth date : September 26, 1955
Height : 5’ – 6”
Weight : 72 kgs.
Status : Married
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org