Jr. Controls Engineer
Current Address: Permanent Address:
327 College St., Apt. 1725 4618 Ashwood Dr.
Iowa City, Iowa 52240 Urbandale, Iowa 50322
The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA Graduation Date: May 2016
• Major: Chemical Engineering
Operation of Level System Control Fall 2015
• Programmed and operated open and closed-loop systems utilizing DeltaV software.
• Analyzed and identified dynamic behavior for different system models.
• Became familiarized with many control issues experienced in the process control industry.
Coal-to-Methanol Synthesis Design Fall 2015
• Created a cash flow analysis on scale-up producing 5,000 metric ton coal/year.
• Optimized unit design for methanol production involving five major stages.
• Located bottlenecks within the system and optimized based upon economic analysis.
Experimental Design Fall 2014
• Designed, performed, and reported on various experiments that encompassed most aspects of chemical engineering.
• Created effective methods of analyzing productivity and efficiency of new equipment
• Gained over 60 hours of hands-on laboratory experience.
Laboratory Developer/Technician – University of Iowa Spring 2016
• Identified problems and enhanced performance of many pieces of laboratory equipment.
• Strategized ways of tackling complex projects in a solo environment.
• Debugged and improved GC machine via software methods and physical adjustment.
Construction Management Internship Summer 2016
• Slashed administration costs 30% by negotiating pricing and fees, while ensuring the continuation and enhancements of services.
• Worked hands on with various lifts, cranes, and other large machinery.
Teaching Internship – Chemical Engineering Fall 2014
• Gave instruction to 50+ students in-class and at the request of the students.
• Created extra tutoring hours each week to develop problem-solving skills.
• Appreciated a deeper understanding of the material at hand.
“Kickin’ it for the Cure” Philanthropy Spring 2013, 2014
Sigma Nu Fraternity – Risk Reduction Fall 2012 – Present