Ryan Christopher Wheeler
1841 Hickory Nut Loop, Virginia Beach, VA 23453
E D U C AT IO N
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Blacksburg, VA
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering May 2015
• GPA: 2.81 | In-Major: 3.12 | Dean’s List: Spring 2014 – Spring 2015
• Senior Capstone Project: Designed and prototyped a mobile base for the Rethink Robotics Baxter
robot to enable portable usage of the system. Sponsored by Lockheed Martin.
• Undergraduate Research: Conducted Additive Manufacturing research under the DREAMS Lab,
including projects with interdepartmental and industrial research groups.
Landstown Technology Academy Virginia Beach, VA
• Related coursework: Certification classes in AutoCAD, Inventor and 3DS Max
• Participated in the Technology Student Association (TSA) competitions, placed at state level events.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Technical Skills: AutoCAD, Inventor, NX 8.5, Solidworks, ANSYS, Aspen, 3DS Max, MATLAB,
LabVIEW, Mathematica, Python, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
Additive Process Knowledge: Conducted research tasks involving FDM and Material Jetting.
Internship experience involved a high level of knowledge of Stereolithography.
Communication: Holds extensive experience in varying size groups from TSA competitions and
collaborative projects in college level courses. Ability to professionally endorse a company in one-
on-one and large group scenarios performed in Promotions Assistant position at Max Media.
Leadership: Previously undertook a student leader role for the Young Life organization, including
a volunteer leadership position with their developmental disability program. Volunteered as an
assistant soccer coach to a local youth league.
Management: Completed multiple projects in college level classes, including a semester design
project to simulate a product development process. Achieved three separate winning project
results within a rigorous timeline for TSA competitions.
Certifications: Received a passing score on the FE Exam for an EIT designation.
CR Services Norfolk, VA
Installation Technician October 2015–November 2015
• Installed security systems in public utility buildings under contract to Motorola Solutions.
Old World Labs Norfolk, VA
R&D Engineering Internship June 2015–September 2015
• Assisted in research and product development tasks over multiple engineering disciplines within
a laboratory environment.
Max Media LLC. Virginia Beach, VA
Promotions Assistant June 2012–June 2014
• Represented Max Media at various events within the Hampton Roads area. Provided
transportation and operation of equipment while displaying a positive and responsible image for
the company through constant customer interaction on-site.
Ryan Christopher Wheeler