Sai Krishna Tummalapalli
Experienced graduate seeking full time positions in Manufacturing/ Process/ Quality starting Jan’15
Experienced Industrial Engineering, certified Six Sigma Green Belt, with a strong focus on Lean Principles, Quality Control and Process Improvements. Able to work intensively on CNC and PLC Programming.
Area of Expertise:
—� Lean Manufacturing —�Quality Control —� Six Sigma —� CNC & PLC Programming —� SPC —� Production Planning
—� Process Improvements
College Station, TX
Process Engineer TIMCO Industries Pvt Ltd.
December 2013 to August 2014
• Implemented SPC charts (T2 and MEWMA) and Process FMEA€™s which reduced the defect rate by 8%.
• Suggested changes in SOP of air filter to reduce CT by 4min which in turn improves productivity by 12%.
• Assist in most aspects of system integration projects by identifying parts and components of PLC, programming PLCs and HMIs, testing functionality of program logic and installed equipment.
• Perform Gage R&R, Capability studies and record data in database, spreadsheet or on prescribed forms.
• Ability to understand engineering drawings, GD&T, along with knowledge of 3D CAD systems.
• Applied process improvement tools (Process Map etc.) within the six sigma DMAIC improvement model.
• Developed proposal for a potential Capital Project using ROI and financial Modeling Techniques.
• Optimized the Assembly line Layout (CELL) by integrating Machine, Material and People using AutoCAD.
• Monitor daily performance metrics, troubleshoot production processes, and develop corrective action to ensure quality, efficiency and safety.
Manufacturing and Quality Engineer – PT TIMCO Industries Pvt Ltd.
December 2011 to December 2013
• Perform Time study, Value Stream Mapping to identify non value adding events and bottlenecks.
• Work with best quality management set of guidelines includes ISO 9000 and ISO 9001:2008.
• Design, program, and validate the manufacturing process for machine parts using CNC equipment.
• Import Solid works data into Esprit package to create CNC programs as well as G-codes at the control.
• Planning Process, Budget, Schedule for Machining/Assembly Line. completing detailed machine investigation/specifications for equipment and procuring, running off & installing equipment
• Design Standard work methods and optimized workflow using Process Capability and Waste Analysis.
• Establish Standardized work using production capacity sheet, combination table and work charts.
• Lead, track and report status of internal & external PPAP submissions produced through APQP.
• Monitor ECO-ETO€™s that have stopped in database, monitor all ECR and ECO requests, promote ECO/ECR€™s to release status to database and track ECR backlog.
• Ability to use general inspection equipment such as micrometers, calipers, height gages, gage pins, comparators, thread gauges, etc.
Master’s Industrial Engineering Texas A & M University
College Station, TX
2014 to 2015
Bachelors of Technology Mechanical Engineering VIT University
Vellore, Tamil Nadu
Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma Green Belt, CFA Level 1, Quality Control, SPC, SQL, Logistics, Automotive, Autocad, Solidworks
CFA Level I Candidate,
Six Sigma Green Belt
Case Study of Lean Engineering in Vent Hood Production System Aug 2015
• Simulated the ASIS VSM in Simio to identify bottlenecks and then designed TOBE VSM using lean techniques like continuous flow, Heijunka, cell design to mitigate ASIS issues and to reach JIT.
• Compared the effectiveness of Kanban and CONWIP to implement in TOBE VSM using SIMIO.
• Evaluated OEE, developed ASIS VSM, identified muda and root causes using Ishikawa (Fishbone) Diag.
Phase I analysis for manufacturing process control Dec 2015
• Estimated ARL performance of the charts using Monte-Carlo simulation method in MATLAB.
• Set up T2 and MCUSUM charts using MATLAB from a set of out of control manufacturing process data.
Design and Fuel Flow Optimization of a Multi-hole Fuel Injector Dec 2013
• Designed Multi Hole Fuel Injector with different Injector nozzles at different angles using AutoCAD.
• Selected the best nozzle angle using Solidwork ‘Simu-Flow’ keeping efficiency and uniform distribution as constraints.
Tools : AutoCAD, Solid Works, ANSYS, Arena Simulation, Simio, Minitab.
Programming : C, C++, MATLAB, PYTHON, VBA, Tableau, R, SQL, Database Systems.
Applications : MS Office, MS Excel, Access, Project, CS Photoshop, MS Visio.