QA Automation Engineer – Bath and Body Works
QA Automation Engineer Bath and Body Works Columbus, OH
August 2014 to Present
BBW Web application provides the facility of online shopping where users can select the products, add them to cart and also make the payment, providing shipping, billing details. It also facilitates the users to use coupons, gift cards for discounts. Users will receive the order information through email including the shipping details.
* Involved in preparing Test Scenarios and Review of Test Cases.
* Interacted with client, BA and Development team to understand the Functional and Non-Functional requirements of projects for each release.
* Worked in scrum(agile) methodology for testing the application.
* Involved in preparing the Test cases for positive and negative tests for scenarios referred in the user stories relating them with Boundary Value Limitations, Equivalence classes.
* Implemented Data Driven automation test framework with flavor of page object model using Selenium WebDriver, Java and TestNG.
* Implemented TestNG automation framework for Smoke Test to verify the crucial functionalities of the application.
* Involved in end to end testing of the application.
* Used FireBug, FirePath to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, Css Selector, Link text, Partial Link text.
* Written scripts to automate the process of capturing Screenshots whenever exceptions occurred and also at important checkpoints of application execution.
* Used apache poi to pull the data from external excel sheets.
* Implemented Regression Test to detect bugs after any changes occurred in enhancements.
* Executed test cases related to mouse over using Actions class and finding Web Elements using XPath, frames and window handles.
* Wrote test cases to handle Alerts on the web page.
* Involved in cross browser testing which includes Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer browsers.
* Created test reports generated out of TestNG and accumulated the captured screenshots.
* Worked with developers and Business Analysts to prioritize the defects.
* Performed Sanity testing and Ad-hoc testing when required.
* Found Defects and prepared Defect reports. Used Jira for defect tracking.
* Used TestNG parameters, data providers, suites, parallel suites, groups to execute some test cases.
* Involved in using Gherkin language and writing the feature files using Cucumber.
* Managed the framework dependency jars using Maven. Used Maven to perform build with Jenkins Continuous Integration.
* Used SoapUI for web services testing.
* logged defects using log4j and resolved the defects by working with developer team.
ENVIRONMENT: Windows, Eclipse, Selenium Web Driver, SoapUI, TestNG, Maven, Log4j, Apache POI, Jenkins, Jira, Oracle, SVN, Cucumber.
QA Automation Engineer Memorial Health Care Carbondale, IL
May 2012 to August 2014
Location Carbondale, IL
Duration May 2012 – Aug 2014
Role QA Automation Engineer
This Project is for Computerization of Information for Memorial Hospital. This System mainly consists of different modules like system admin module, create employee module, patient module, bill plan, policy, bill claim, doctor scheduling. Each Patient entering the hospital will be allotted with a case sheet which contains personal information of the patient, his/ her local information.
* Understanding the Business requirements, Application and function specifications, Design documents. Involved in creating, updating and executing test cases according to requirements.
* Implemented TestNG automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application work and also implemented Regression Test to detect bugs after enhancement and configuration of the code.
* Involved in the design and development of Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern.
* Implemented automation using Selenium Web Driver, JAVA, Cucumber and Maven.
* Performed functional testing, regression testing, System testing and participated in user acceptance testing.
* Ensure deliverables meet defined quality standards by performing reviews of Defects and Test Cases.
* Managed the testing process and scheduled batch tests. Logged and tracked defects using rally.
* Used Oracle server and written the queries in order to pull data from database.
* Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven.
* Used Jenkins Continuous Integration tool to schedule the build.
* Actively participated in Weekly Walkthroughs and Inspections to verify the status of the testing effort and the project.
ENVIRONMENT: Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver, Java, Oracle, SoapUI, TestNG, Apache POI, Jenkins, Firebug, Git, Rally.
Project Title MOBILESTORE E-MARKETING SYSTEM
QA Analyst MOBILESTORE ANDHRA PRADESH, IN
August 2011 to April 2012
MOBILESTORE E-MARKETING SYSTEM is online Shop Application for Mobile Store. Online store functionalities are selection of phones, plans, packages, Solutions and services. All the content information for online shopping is maintained and retrieved from content management system. The catalog related data is retrieved from the business. All the business rules surrounding devices, plans, services and accessories details are maintained in business control center.
* Executed Batch Suites in mainframe for migration of various accounts.
* Prepared deliverables for the project like Functional Test Plan, Test Scripts, and End of Test Reports.
* Raised defects while doing System Integration Testing, defect tracking and regression testing.
* Involved in Sanity Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System testing, Usability Testing and UAT.
* Performed End to End testing to make sure that data is flowing properly from one application to another application.
* Executed all the test cases as per the priority. Reported defects with severity and priority against each defect.
* Participated in Defect Review Meetings, Walkthrough of testing procedures on daily basis.
* Prepared Daily Status Report which included overall progress on the testing deliverables along with graphs and tables.
* Status reports included total number of test cases planned, number of test cases executed, total number of defect raised, total number of defect closed, number of deferred defects, number of cancelled defects, risks, road blockers issues etc.
* Executed the Test Scripts and worked with development team for investigating the bugs.
* Performed compatibility testing to make sure that application is working fine on other external resources or interfaces such as OS, Mobile devices, Network, browser etc.
* Perform database testing by using SQL server to check the data integrity and data correctness.
* Performed Sanity testing during code deployment after the fix to the code has been done and verification of proper code deployment.
* Raised many Clear Quest request as part of code fix, issues in UAT.
ENVIRONMENT: QTP, Quality Centre, XML, MS Excel, Oracle
QA Engineer Fullerton MAHARASHTRA, IN
January 2010 to July 2011
Location Mumbai, India
Duration Jan 2010 – Jul 2011
Role QA Engineer
Fullerton offers various financial services and products. Online financial system allows customers to access account details, pay bills and transfer funds on the web and over phone. Customers can find the information about loans using the web site. Application includes Billing Error Notice, Finance Charges, Address Change, and Bills Pay modules.
* Analyzed the user requirements by interacting with developers and business analysts.
* Developed Test Plan and Test Cases by going through the Design, Functional Requirements documentation and as per the System Requirement.
* Performed functional and Navigational Testing of the application.
* Prepared the Test data for interpreting the Positive/negative/regression results.
* Transformed Test Cases from Excel to Quality Center tool.
* Developed a detailed report of the results for future releases as per client’s request.
* Participated in Regression Testing after each build.
* Tracked the progress of the test and alerted management to the earliest signs of trouble.
* Submitted weekly status reports stating the blocking issues of the current build.
* Attended retrospective meeting with team leaders, managers and developers to discuss the issues found during the creation of the test case/scripts.
ENVIRONMENT: Manual Testing, QC, VB.NET, Oracle, Windows XP
QA Engineer ICICI Bank KARNATAKA, IN
September 2008 to December 2009
Location Bangalore, India
Duration Sep 2008 – Dec 2009
Role QA Engineer
ICICI Bank provides banking facilities and services to several areas of the country through its various branches. This project is to enhance the existing software and banking services to its customers.
* Analyzed the requirements carefully and interacted with Business Analyst for detailed understanding of business and system requirements while writing the Test Cases.
* Work with all project participants to ensure that the application being developed meets the requirements of the customer in terms of quality and schedule.
* Analyzed System Requirement Specification (SRS) document and Business Requirement Document(BRD).
* Developed test scenarios and test cases to check functionality of all modules.
* Created and executed Manual Test cases for core functionalities. Also, handled SQL queries.
* Interacted and worked with the development team to solve the problems encountered in test execution.
* Involved in regression testing by reviewing the source code after each build.
* Maintained, Monitored, and documented the behavior of application in different phases of Testing.
* Attended the bug meetings and took part in reviewing new and reopened defects.
* Reported tracked defects with reference to severity and types to the lead and the manager.
* Participated in weekly status meetings, conducted walkthroughs, documented proceedings in test documentation and test case execution.
* Involved in the project meetings with the project manager to finalize the QA schedules.
ENVIRONMENT: QC, SQL Server, Windows XP, MS Word, and MS Excel.
Testing Tools Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Maven, SVN, SoapUI, Cucumber, TestNg, JUnit, QTP, QC, ALM, Trac
Bug Tracking Tools Jira, Bugzilla, Rally, Quality Center
Integration tools Jenkins
Databases Oracle, My SQL, SQL Server
Web Technologies HTML, CSS, XML, XPATH
Testing Framework Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (Pom)
IDE Eclipse, Selenium IDE
Web services SoapUI, RESTFUL Services
Languages Java, C#, SQL, Java Script, Gherkin
Repository System GitHub, SVN
Operating Systems Windows, Unix
Browsers Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari
To contact this candidate email email@example.com