SCADA Engineering Supervisor
Cell: (832) 486 7976
Talented, experienced, and succeeding by making the best use of my technical and interpersonal skills in a Customer Savvy Oil and Gas world.
I currently serve as the SCADA Engineering Supervisor for OXY (Centurion Pipeline). I manage a group of highly technical and experienced SCADA engineers and consultants. I’ve been supervising the Schneider Electric (Telvent) SCADA system upgrade from 7.4 to OASyS DNA 7.5. and also handling projects related to Ethylene and Propane in addition to Crude Oil.
As a SCADA Specialist for Enbridge Energy, I have had an opportunity to work with TELVENT, Wonderware Intouch, ClearSCADA and PROCYS applications and as a Senior Systems Engineer at Emerson, I have been able to work with the Emerson – OpenEnterprise SCADA Systems and also closely work with the field devices like the ControlWave RTU’s, MODBUS, Flow Automates and the like.
I have a Master’s in Computer Engineering from the University of Houston, Clear Lake and a Master’s in Business Administration (concentration in International Business) from the University of Houston, Victoria.
SCADA Engineering Supervisor
September 2013 – Present (2 years 5 months)Houston Area, Texas
Senior SCADA Engineer
September 2012 – Present (3 years 5 months)Houston, Texas Area
SCADA Engineering for OXY’s Centurion Pipeline.
Senior Systems Engineer
Emerson Process Management
August 2011 – October 2012 (1 year 3 months)Houston, Texas Area
• Developing, designing and implementing SCADA Systems for field sites throughout North America.
• Obtaining customer requirements and supervising submittal information for customer approval.
• Actively participating in customer discussions, presentations and conferences to provide Product Sales Demos and supporting the training needs of the Emerson Local Business Partners.
• Building strategies with the Commercial Group and Strategic Account Executives to identify customer needs and drive the technology research roadmap across the Global Sales and Systems Team.
• Preparing Functional Requirements Specifications, Detailed Design Documents and Test Specifications.
• Assisting Project Manager and Systems Engineering Manager to define a checklist of procedures and practices to be used by the Applications and Systems Engineers in different Emerson based World areas.
• Assisting SCADA Product Manager to develop presentations highlighting the strengths and competencies of the Emerson OpenEnterprise SCADA System with regards to other SCADA products in the market.
• Providing support in the areas of sales, project, general IT and defect resolution both on site and off site.
• SCADA System Design and Installation
Worked on Engineering, Designing and Maintaining the Emerson – OpenEnterprise SCADA System for a Chemical company in Houston, TX. OpenEnterprise is a client / server based SCADA package, targeting the requirements of the oil & gas production,…View
Senior SCADA Specialist
June 2010 – August 2011 (1 year 3 months)
• Installed and provided support, troubleshooting and maintenance to SCADA Systems, networking, telecommunication and servers assets deployed on Offshore Platforms in the Gulf of Mexico.
• Designed and executed projects, commissioned new installations, evaluated and optimized SCADA Systems including OPC, polling engines, RTU Protocols and related equipment.
• Supported Field Operations with networking and internet equipment including firewalls, installing, configuring and maintaining HP servers, server clusters, shared storage devices and backup mediums.
• Installing, configuring and maintaining T-1, T-3, frame relay services including VSAT and point to point bandwidth wireless networking equipment.
• Analyzing the requirements, preparing functional specifications, designing targets and standards, providing guidance to team members in the technical aspects of the project and facilitating problem solving and collaboration.
• Ensuring that the deliverables are prepared to satisfy the project requirements, cost and schedule.
• Coordinating the review, presentation and release of design layouts and analysis, and meetings with the functional management team to provide project status, accomplishments and issues.
June 2007 – August 2011 (4 years 3 months)
• Worked directly with the SCADA/Control/Automation groups in designing, maintaining and supporting the WONDERWARE INTOUCH, TELVENT and CLEAR SCADA HMI (Human Machine Interface) applications.
• Created tickets in the Call Tracking Database, reviewed them and followed up to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner and maintained the system documentation using Microsoft SharePoint.
• New SCADA System Integrations, Electronic Flow Meter (EFM) and Flow Cal data report management.
• Assisted field personnel with commissioning of new pipeline facilities and gas measurement devices and troubleshooting communication/data issues with remote support on a 24*7 basis.
Enbridge Energy Company Inc
June 2007 – January 2008 (8 months)
• Responsible for development and maintenance of an INTRANET dashboard that references relational database systems and database client tools to evaluate and improve operational equipment performance.
• Developed and maintained a DASHBOARD that provides access to the operations department with reports like Compressor Efficiencies, Daily Gas Tracking, Daily Plant Reports, Operational Efficiencies and Graphs/Charts to enhance visual effects.
University of Houston
August 2005 – June 2007 (1 year 11 months)
Instructor for ‘Telecom and Networks’ course; teaching design and management of data communication networks..
Assisted the ‘Telecom Switching and Networks’ lab dealing with VoIP, bridges, routers and client/server concepts.
M/s Kinetic Communications Ltd
January 2005 – July 2005 (7 months)
• Developed and maintained an INTRANET Dashboard using ASP.NET to replace paper based documents throughout the organization with online document handling.
• Worked with the Network Administrator to regulate the traffic flow while managing the Intranet system
University of Houston-Victoria
Master of Business Administration, International Business
2010 – 2012
Strategic MBA) Aug’10
University of Houston-Clear Lake
University of Houston-Clear Lake
Master’s degree, Computer Engineering
2005 – 2007
D.Y. Patil College of Engineering, Akurdi – Pune
Bachelor, Computer Engineering
2001 – 2005
To contact this candidate email email@example.com