1 pier pointe street, 617F Phone: 914-703-2292
Yonkers, NY Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Detail-Oriented highly motivated engineer with years of experience leading major projects and developing innovative processes. Proven ability to excel in cross-functional product design in collaboration with multidisciplinary departments. Instrumental in improving efficiency and decreasing cost. Trains and supervises employees with a hands on approach to manufacturing and troubleshooting.
Committed to the highest standards of quality control with a focus of innovative modeling and consistent experimental analysis. Seeking new challenges within an industry –leading professional organization. Works independently with minimal guidance and enjoys contributing as part of a team. Highly technical proficiency in design and development.
Design and Development 3D CAD and Designing Tools Strategic Planning
Finite Element Analysis Injection Molding Project Management
Solid Mechanics Prototyping and Testing Lean Methodologies
5S Training Design for Assembly Control Systems
Technical Skills: SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Pro-E, CATIA, Revit, MS Office, HVAC, Logopress3,
Mechanical Design Engineer
ASATI, Port Chester, New York, USA. Feb 2015– Present
• Making 3D models of the air-handling units for detailed drafting using SolidWorks and Autocad.
• Designing pattern for the air structure fabric.
• Create drawings for the customers overseas and even create renderings for their project using Solidworks.
• Working closely with P.E’s (Professional Engineers) to get structural strengths of the grade beam.
• Drawing anchor layout and steel layout for domes.
• Runs CFD test on the air vaults to design the vaults in the most optimistic and economical manner.
• Liaising with customers and support agencies on file transfer issues.
Control and maintain the design standard of the products.
• Writing professional progress reports for project managers and clients.
• Compile test qualification schedules and reports when required.
• Undertaking simple draft stress calculations, weight calculations.
• Considering issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
• Communicating with customers and suppliers to resolve design issues.
• Checking drawings for accuracy and errors.
• Manage, with hands-on involvement, projects corresponding to R&D assignments, linking to product design/development requirements and relative prototype/pilot tooling.
• Direct involvement with client on custom closures from concept design, through CAD engineering, with vendor liaison, committed to ensuring profitability, efficiency, and customer satisfaction, thru the entire product life cycle.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Dayton Industries, Bronx, New York, USA. March 2014 – August 2014
• Making 3D drawings of the part for detailed drafting using SolidWorks.
• Designing progressive die sets for the part so as to make mass production of the product.
• Troubleshooting the die sets and thinking ahead for continuous improvement in manufacturing process.
• Designing deep draw progressive dies with the help of SolidWorks (Logopress3).
• Following geometric tolerancing as per the ISO standards for the part designs.
• Designing progressive die sets using Logopress3 software.
• Analyses of stress and strain of the product during manufacturing by the help of cosmos express (simulation express) in Solid Works.
• BOM (Bill of Materials) is made for the complete die layout using the SolidWorks BOM so as to help the tool makers to know the location of punch, dowel pins, cap screw, etc.
• Creating design tables in excel and import into SolidWorks design.
• Communicate with customers and vendors for purchase and sales.
• Drove the initiative for conceptual product design and solid modeling, supervised continuous improvement of Projects and implement the same in the work place.
• Contribute technical inputs in enhancing quality control mechanism to meet international quality standards.
• Developed various test program for equipment, assuring attainment of product.
• Reduced overall testing time by creating and documenting program to calculate test results
• Manage a team and mentor them adeptly towards optimum productivity
• Formed a major link between design, production and the quality department
• Visited various vendors and also was responsible for vendor development for various secondary operations
– Actively involved in gauge and fixture design and development
– Play a key role in solving problems during development and production of that particular component
– Accountable for stabilizing the processes and also involved in process development with the core team.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Caddam Technologies, Chennai, India. May 2010- June 2013.
• •Design 2D, 3D Conceptual model with technical specification, prepare make part list, buy part list, preliminary BOM, identifying critical component & the development cost of critical components.
• •Making 2D & 3D drawings, 3D modeling, assembling, detailing and drafting of all make part & development components using Microstation,Solidworks,AutoCAD 2006, and Pro-E wildfire 5.
• Designing the machine as per customer specification thus leading to customer satisfaction. Ensuring the reliability of the design by taking in to account the material to be used, the safety mechanism, and consistent performance of the machine.
• •Making 2D & 3D drawings, 3D modeling, of sheet metal part, piping & machine component by reverse engineering which have to develop from vender.
• •Provide appropriate information & documentation for quality, purchasing, production, marketing & vender development team. Handling special projects of value engineering & reverse engineering.
• Responsible for the design and manufacturing of tooling in the fabrication of connectors and fittings utilized on tubing assemblies for fuel/hydraulic fluid transfer on aircraft turbine engines.
• •Execution of project by carrying out the detail study on customer requirements.
Wallem Shipmanagement, Hongkong
Navigating Officer June 2007- June 2008
• •outstanding knowledge of Cargo Loading and Discharge Operations
• •Exceptional knowledge of Shipboard Safety, Lifesaving, CBR-D, and Firefighting Equipment, and Programs.
• •Assured Pre-Cruise sailing checklist is satisfactorily completed and the Master advised accordingly.
• Good knowledge in ship stability and use of Plimsoll line to have a safety margin while loading.
• •Assisting Chief Officer in ballasting operation er ship stability.
AutoCAD Drafting and designing
Solidworks designing and HVAC applications.
Multilevel mechanical projects
Project Management and Administration.